Lukas666

Lunchbox headlights

Looking for a simple LED headlight option that will just plug in to the Futaba receiver. Nothing fancy just simple headlights I want. Can come on as soon as it’s powered up and stay on.... simple. Tamiya used to offer a 50320 kit that you can still find but expensive for what you get and I read they’re not LED’s and get dim under acceleration haha. The best feature of that old set was the bulb fastener anyway. Is anyone using a simple set up like this?....if so what are you using?

Your right, the original lights were just little light bulbs not led's. Those led's should work with a servo connector. I would put a RX switch on it so you can turn on off as needed. I know you want them on all time, but it's nice to be able to control them. I think there is a place for the switch to mount on the chassis somewhere. If I remember right. I have a vintage one from the 80's that I did that on. (with the old light bulbs)

Good Luck!

Just bought some too, cos I saw this thread lol 😂 

Got those lights today... they are a perfect fit. The bulbs have a rubber sleeve at the base and they twist right in the hole of the grill, beautiful!

1C0DEFF6-00F6-4169-A453-229E53CE3B3A.jpeg

Looks great. I had the original Tamiya bulbs around 1988, they had more of a yellow look and definitely not as bright..