rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

Yes I see it now. A few weeks back it was £148 minus esc though. 

It's only £5 less than a Terra Scorcher now.

Ohhh what to do lol. I prefer how the TD looks but you get an extra shock and some goodies with the TS.

Seems to be happening all over though. The aforementioned brushless Kyosho van was up at 255 preorder at Al's hobbies and is creeping up. 268 at the moment.

I'll have a look at the state of play nearer the time I suppose.

Does a Thunder Dragon body fit if it's a dual front damper chassis? Maybe I could get the TS and a TD body and alternate.

You can fit the Thunder Dragon body to the terra scorcher, but it uses different body mounts (which are in the Scorcher kit). The Thunder Dragon does fit the Scorcher twin shock but needs more trimming than for the monoshock. Having recently built an OG Thunder Dragon i have been pleasantly surprised by how good the monoshock is. It needs some heavier oil than kit, but it works well. 

The Terra Scorcher has universal's too, I think? 

Ironically the Fire Dragon is the cheapest on fusion at the moment even though it has an extra damper vs the Thunder Dragon.

I'm pretty sure the new motor mount is the only upgrade that the TD has although I guess it's more of a design revision than an upgrade.

I'll probably end up with the TD anyway because it's the one that really grabs me with it's looks but considering how close they are in price, it makes you wonder why they couldn't have just given the goodies with each of them.

12 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

The Terra Scorcher has universal's too, I think? 

Ironically the Fire Dragon is the cheapest on fusion at the moment even though it has an extra damper vs the Thunder Dragon.

I'm pretty sure the new motor mount is the only upgrade that the TD has although I guess it's more of a design revision than an upgrade.

I'll probably end up with the TD anyway because it's the one that really grabs me with it's looks but considering how close they are in price, it makes you wonder why they couldn't have just given the goodies with each of them.

Yes, the scorcher has front unis and camber links, and a rear anti roll bar. The unis are nice, but none of other parts are necessary in my experience. The rear var in particular is very thick and doesn't help handling thats already very "on the nose". The Fire Dragon is just same spec as the Thunder Dragon but with the twin front shocks and the G parts sprue with the wider shock towers. Again, in my experience the best rear setup with this buggy is the narrow original tower with longer rear shocks. If you like the TD, get it. Add the usual bearings and steel pinion, maybe some thicker oil in the front shock than kit, and you have a fun buggy right there. 

• Like 3

i havent seen Mud4fun online for a while so i wasnt able to get an answer yet. im looking for some possible 4wd 2.2 tires for the TD. im looking at proline blockades or Jconcepts Sprinters in the 2.2 range and schumacher mini spike in the 2.0 range. any sort of advice is helpful as i know nothing about what sort of buggy tires are best. the 2.0 shumaucher can replace the stock tires of a TD when the time comes. i dont know how well sprinters and blockades would last on pavement but im going more off road than onroad.

18 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Just bought a fire dragon 2020!

Did you pay TUSA price? 

3 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Tusa?

Tamiya USA. That's the only place I see it available.

4 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Tamiya USA.

Hopefully for those that want them, the Fire Dragon doesn't stay "stuck" at Tamiya USA like the Nova Fox has. Its strange Evos and Thunder Dragons are up for pre-order at Tower, for instance, but no mention of Fire Dragons in the US outside of Tamiya USA.

2 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Hopefully for those that want them, the Fire Dragon doesn't stay "stuck" at Tamiya USA like the Nova Fox has. Its strange Evos and Thunder Dragons are up for pre-order at Tower, for instance, but no mention of Fire Dragons in the US outside of Tamiya USA.

Right on Saito2.  My LHS has contacted Horizon multiple times about the Novafox and Fighting Buggy and is told each time they are discontinued and unavailable to order.  I have contacted Amain directly and been told the same.  Completely frustrating.  Almost went to RCmart for a Fighting Buggy but their total price is nearly $100 more than I expect in the US due to shipping cost.

8 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Tamiya USA. That's the only place I see it available.

I got from asiatees. $188 total 

Just thought I'd share this looks like the box for the topforce evo 

Screenshot_20210312-144638_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2

the image looks a bit squashed on the box to me but still a beut of a box art thought 

i do like the look of the tamiya jacket aswell

• Like 1

Seeing that display cut out and the Evo in the glass cabinet really makes me pine for the 20th of May. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Seeing that display cut out and the Evo in the glass cabinet really makes me pine for the 20th of May. 

Or July (according to modelsport)..........sorry just saying?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Well, yes -July for the post Brexit crowd, 20th of May in Europe :P @moffman

Yeah can't argue with you there! that's progress according to certain people?........weirdly🤨??? Ah but at least we have blue passports🤗 well done boris!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah can't argue with you there! that's progress according to certain people?........weirdly🤨??? Ah but at least we have blue passports🤗 well done boris!

what's a passport:ph34r:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, topforcein said:

At the moment it's one of the things you use for ID!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, topforcein said:

It's that annoying thing you need to renew every 5 to 10 years to travel which also has a horrible picture of you that you dont like...

• Haha 1

ahhhh its one of them things you need to have a holiday:lol: dahm iv'e heard of them in ancient  folk law scrips:lol:

• Like 1

So one of the shops here in Oslo has discovered that there is such a thing as a Top Force Evo coming. They're pricing it at a very reasonable 542,66 euros. So, that's a no starter. Hopefully the price will come down a bit when the kits actually arrive and more than one store gets stock. 

topforceevo.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well got my multi colour neo .....just some to do ...keep me busy

• Like 1

Seems ze Germans over at Tamico have changed the release date to the 6th of June. I’ve sent them an email hoping against hope that this is simply due to their first shipment being allocated to people who’s already preordered. 

19 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Seems ze Germans over at Tamico have changed the release date to the 6th of June. I’ve sent them an email hoping against hope that this is simply due to their first shipment being allocated to people who’s already preordered. 

Interesting. I've been looking at some of the UK sites and they are suggesting last week of April. Hard to tell with these things who is more accurate