rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

33 minutes ago, nel33 said:

Just got back from a trip to LHS got a few small things and some info. My TD order has been pushed back to june 24..... location Canada.

Oh Canada always gets kit way before the UK so I'm thinking if they've been pushed back to the end of June we'll probably get ours sometime in 2023?

2 minutes ago, moffman said:

Oh Canada always gets kit way before the UK so I'm thinking if they've been pushed back to the end of June we'll probably get ours sometime in 2023?

I'm sure I will get it in eventually, it's just gonna be busy trying to build 3 kits in same time span for me. Then the choice of which to drive on any given day...

• Like 1

Just pre-ordered the Top Force Evo II, sure the dates will continue to be fluid but at least it's on the docket! 

Also ordered a brand new Monster Beetle to fill in the time beforehand too ;o) 

Happy days! 

• Like 1

Don't hold your breath for any imminent releases especially in the UK I've just been told by a very reliable source that the hobby company (UK importers) have had a very serious cyber attack and for the last few weeks have been technically closed nothing coming in nothing going out not even answering phone or emails!

On 5/10/2021 at 7:16 AM, TheGizmodi said:

Just pre-ordered the Top Force Evo II, sure the dates will continue to be fluid but at least it's on the docket! 

Also ordered a brand new Monster Beetle to fill in the time beforehand too ;o) 

Happy days! 

Take it you aren’t in the U.K.? I’ve been trying to get hold of a Monster Beetle but they are out of stock everywhere in the U.K.

That's crazy if true. I'm in the US, managed to snag the Monster Beetle from Tower Hobbies, it shipped out last night!

Hopefully, things will be a little different and the Evo gets here despite all the challenges. Was even able to use some discount codes on both! Happy days 

On 5/10/2021 at 11:18 PM, moffman said:

Don't hold your breath for any imminent releases especially in the UK I've just been told by a very reliable source that the hobby company (UK importers) have had a very serious cyber attack and for the last few weeks have been technically closed nothing coming in nothing going out not even answering phone or emails!

Not paid the bills. Lol. Internet and phone down 

Sounds exactly like they've always operated??. 

And people wonder why hobby shops died?. I blame the hobby company..

9 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Not paid the bills. Lol. Internet and phone down 

Sounds exactly like they've always operated??. 

And people wonder why hobby shops died?. I blame the hobby company..

Well I can't comment because I no nothing about the hobby company? I just enquired about the release date of the topforce evo at my LHS and was told about the "cyber attack" and a completely different shop in a different town I was in told me the exact same thing?? But I can see what you mean about why hobby shops are becoming increasingly scarce if they are not getting decent supplies from the suppliers it must be massively frustrating and stressful for LHS!

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Well I can't comment because I no nothing about the hobby company? I just enquired about the release date of the topforce evo at my LHS and was told about the "cyber attack" and a completely different shop in a different town I was in told me the exact same thing?? But I can see what you mean about why hobby shops are becoming increasingly scarce if they are not getting decent supplies from the suppliers it must be massively frustrating and stressful for LHS!

Don't know much about them myself 

(They don't seem to promote themselves!) other than, they take 3 weeks minimum to supply a hobbyshop with a part I can get from China in less than a week!!.

Nothing in stock, seems they only order what the hobby shop requests??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Don't know much about them myself 

(They don't seem to promote themselves!) other than, they take 3 weeks minimum to supply a hobbyshop with a part I can get from China in less than a week!!.

Nothing in stock, seems they only order what the hobby shop requests??

Don't get me started on suppliers😡 I've got a 3 year old boiler which I paid an absolute fortune for because it was "apparently" top of the range and will last a life time bla bla bla! it packed up 4 weeks ago and the "supplier" just isn't coming up with the parts! How can you order a load of rubbish from Amazon and get it delivered the same day but this shower of $#@+ can't get a part from one end of a town to the gas engineer who live at the other end of the same town😡😡😡😡  I just hope their liability insurance up to date because they are going to need it!!!!........sorry for the rant.

• Sad 1

i remember when the hobby company took over from the previous owners/supplyers 

and the owner of my lhs shop said back then they was a waist of time even the ref was a waist of time also

i cant believe in this day and age that it takes this long for a company to get this issue sorted out in my eyes at the most a few days to get back up and running but this just shows how its run by a bunch of idiots that dont care about the hobby 

Looks like the better quality diffs, hoped they’d be in as they are tougher- that’s good to see and also proper ball bearings in the steering linkage.

• Like 1

Just had an email from l&l models that it’s in stock. 10 in stock when I placed my order 

• Like 1

Yes, these appear to be available to order now, they're on the MB Models website. I don't know how long for though!

Got an email from Fusion saying my back orders TF Evo is being shipped

I’m still waiting for any info from Modelsport  about my topforce evo I ordered in Jan ;)

JJ

9 hours ago, Problemchild said:

I’m still waiting for any info from Modelsport  about my topforce evo I ordered in Jan ;)

JJ

If your in the UK I don't think anyone is going to get anything tamiya anytime soon because they are still (apparently) grappling with a cyber attack! Not unless its been resolved over the last few days but the last time I looked (last night ) it was still temporarily closed?

20 minutes ago, moffman said:

If your in the UK I don't think anyone is going to get anything tamiya anytime soon because they are still (apparently) grappling with a cyber attack! Not unless its been resolved over the last few days but the last time I looked (last night ) it was still temporarily closed?

Joanne at Fusion told me that Tamiya UK have now got their stock and my order is now being processed. The site is still down though, meaning that Fusion cannot process any new order checkouts online and everything has to go via the telephone. Proper retro. :P

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Joanne at Fusion told me that Tamiya UK have now got their stock and my order is now being processed. The site is still down though, meaning that Fusion cannot process any new order checkouts online and everything has to go via the telephone. Proper retro. :P

Excellent! That's the news we all have been waiting for👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Let’s hope Modelsport get their quota :)

JJ

Just had an email from model build who I’d also pre ordered with saying they expect their stock today or tomorrow so delivery should be tomorrow or Monday!

A little excited 😛