rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

3 hours ago, Problemchild said:

Yay - what ESC did you get?

Its a TBLE-02. Seems they all got that one.

43 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Very cool, can you make pics of the diff plates please? I ´d like a confirmation, if they took the std. Manta ray diffs or reissued the lightweight versions...;)

I can't unfortunately as it is already packed away as its actually going to be a Xmas present for me this year. I didnt even take the photo, my other half did. Lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I can't unfortunately as it is already packed away as its actually going to be a Xmas present for me this year. I didnt even take the photo, my other half did. Lol.

Oh oh, this will be a long wait the rest of the year!:lol:

But congratulations already, will be a nice Christmas this year, hopefully with less Covid, too!

• Like 1

Just now, ruebiracer said:

Oh oh, this will be a long wait the rest of the year!:lol:

But congratulations already, will be a nice Christmas this year, hopefully with less Covid, too!

Yes, it will be a test of my patience, for sure. :P

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Problemchild said:

fw0QolB.jpg

whoop whoop 

no fancy new ESC though - I just the standard TBLE-02

Then I kindly ask Problemchild to umpack the diffs?:lol:

Hopefully not packed away for Birthday?;)

• Haha 1

Just now, ruebiracer said:

Then I kindly ask Problemchild to umpack the diffs?:lol:

Hopefully not packed away for Birthday?;)

I’m assuming they are the same As I’ve bought alloy parts for it ;)

JJ

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Yes, it will be a test of my patience, for sure. :P

It will be even better with the long wait, just as we were kids waiting to get our Tamiya finally...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

lol @wandy at least you know you got it! It will be worth double by the time its Christmas ;o)

Haha, I wouldnt be surprised actually. :D

I have been doing this for a few years now. I buy loads of kits through the year and keep a few back as Xmas presents...usually the most prestigious ones too, to make it extra special. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Problemchild said:

I’m assuming they are the same As I’ve bought alloy parts for it ;)

JJ

Same as Manta or Top Force Evo? Or did you want to say you bought the old Aluminum pressure plate kits from Tamiya, that are so hard to find today?

And if anyone is packing out their kit, What parts did Tamiya use on the spring retainers for the black TRF springs? In some photos it looked like it could be aeration damper parts.:lol: Seems I need a manual...

Edit: Manual is already online on Tamiya.de,

very good news: It comes with the original diffs, very cool news. And it uses indeed different X parts for the special springs. So the kit is really special and not only a collection of already rereleased parts/option parts of the std. Top Force! 

Just needs an Alu motormount (like in the 90´s) and a better servo saver...;)

12 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

Same as Manta or Top Force Evo? Or did you want to say you bought the old Aluminum pressure plate kits from Tamiya, that are so hard to find today?

I bought some alloy parts that a guy on FB makes - gear box strengthener and rear alloy cover 

custom RC parts 

he featured on Tamiya legends (glen’s TF build)

JJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

I bought some alloy parts that a guy on FB makes - gear box strengthener and rear alloy cover 

custom RC parts 

he featured on Tamiya legends (glen’s TF build)

JJ

manobet from france, or the other guy? cant remember his name,

13 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

they have a part number so hopefulluy they will be a spare part. or of course there will the peeps who inevitably split a kit.

question though, given the splined nature of the Evo pressure plate, is it better than the TA03 version? we know it different metal and construction, but thinking if it's a worthwhile upgrade for durability for my DT03 diff

• Like 1

A quick sneaky peek inside.  And a few shots of it's soon-to-be stable mate.

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, Alangt4 said:

Yeah that’s disappointing... I thought the new 04 one looked decent for a pack in esc. Guess they have a ton of those 02s ones to get rid of...

maybe the TD will have it!

At this point I don't give an hoot If it's a 4s or a 2s. I've had a bad experience with first 2s I bought that was faulty when still new. I know that most 2s are reliable enough but if you get a lemon too early on, it kind of makes you expect more lemons if you buy another 2s... A HW1060 is likely going into my TD at the first sign of trouble.

I wouldn't put it past Tamiya if the 4S ESC have the same ghosts as 2S...

i cant believe it i went to my lhs over the weekend and they never said to me mine had came in so i will be ringing them tom to see what's a happening with my top force evo order

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Still haven't heard of the TD being available anywhere. Urghhh

wait 2-3 weeks. im apparently 4weeks away from it being shipped. mid june is my best guess for info if it doesnt get pushed back again...

15 hours ago, topforcein said:

i cant believe it i went to my lhs over the weekend and they never said to me mine had came in so i will be ringing them tom to see what's a happening with my top force evo order

Yeah I'm in the same boat! My order is fully paid for just waiting for it to come in but as of today it hasn't arrived 😡 my local hobby shop did contact me to basically say the likes of modelsport got priority from the hobby company everyone else tough!, if that is the case then what the hobby company/tamiya need to realise is there are other rc car manufacturers that we can switch our allegiance to that make some fantastic products and this £200 topforce evo which tamiya is asking £400 is probably only selling because of nostalgia I've just built a schumacher and it's far superior to the tf evo for 2/3rds of the price and I've just looked at the schumacher cat L1 evo which is probably one of the best modern top of the range racing machines and give or take £20 I could buy one of those for the price of tamiya's topforce evo! So I'm thinking the hobby company/tamiya stop taking your customers for granted and treating them like fools because we can easily just walk away🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Judging on what happening to some folks here on the forum and the latest RC Kicks vid, it seems like Tamiya's lack of communication is doing them no favors. Times are strange with the pandemic/lockdowns effects still being felt (I certainly can't afford a $50+ sheet of plywood, for instance) and if Tamiya had been more transparent with any issues its been having, maybe we'd be more forgiving. Instead we have missing kits and evidently kits with the wrong spec ESC. I do honestly feel sorry for you folks.:(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat! My order is fully paid for just waiting for it to come in but as of today it hasn't arrived 😡 my local hobby shop did contact me to basically say the likes of modelsport got priority from the hobby company everyone else tough!, if that is the case then what the hobby company/tamiya need to realise is there are other rc car manufacturers that we can switch our allegiance to that make some fantastic products and this £200 topforce evo which tamiya is asking £400 is probably only selling because of nostalgia I've just built a schumacher and it's far superior to the tf evo for 2/3rds of the price and I've just looked at the schumacher cat L1 evo which is probably one of the best modern top of the range racing machines and give or take £20 I could buy one of those for the price of tamiya's topforce evo! So I'm thinking the hobby company/tamiya stop taking your customers for granted and treating them like fools because we can easily just walk away🤷‍♂️

Modelsport don't even look like they got their's yet. Expected arrival of June 21st?

Mine arrived today, so expected May- arrived May so all good in the end. Did preorder not knowing what way they’d pack it all together so that’s on me that i didn’t check it would have Ti screws or any other changes.

It’s a bit disappointing not to get the new esc but nothing to get bothered about. A special edition GT tuned labelled motor would have set it off well though as something a bit more special. Since I already have several top force at similar spec it’s the late Thunder Dragon I’m more disappointed on.

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Modelsport don't even look like they got their's yet. Expected arrival of June 21st?

Well Sean at sc models just phoned me to say mine is in so I arrived before he had even put down the phone to me!.......I still think it a lot of money for what it is the boxart is absolutely superb but tble-02s esc and stock silver can motor?? 

20210525_130525.jpg

• Like 3