rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

10 hours ago, TheGizmodi said:

Quick unboxing video late last night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sRTjkalFgQ

good vid, i dont usually think much of unboxing vids in general but its very useful to see what parts are in the RC kits. funny enough, i had a song by Dragonforce playing when i was watching the vid.  how do the plastic gears look like on the TD? i know the fire dragon and scorcher had some work needed to get rid of mould defects. the teeth werent perfectly clear cut and had small bumps causing a clicking noise. did these issues continue with the TD?

9 minutes ago, nel33 said:

good vid, i dont usually think much of unboxing vids in general but its very useful to see what parts are in the RC kits. funny enough, i had a song by Dragonforce playing when i was watching the vid.  how do the plastic gears look like on the TD? i know the fire dragon and scorcher had some work needed to get rid of mould defects. the teeth werent perfectly clear cut and had small bumps causing a clicking noise. did these issues continue with the TD?

Thanks,

I will get them out this afternoon and send some pics! Not really spent too much time looking since opening as I've been knee deep in yard work! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

Thanks,

I will get them out this afternoon and send some pics! Not really spent too much time looking since opening as I've been knee deep in yard work! 

the bevel gears seem to have small pimples on the edges you might need to cut/sand down to let the gears wear themselves in over time after that.

9 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

These? @nel3320210612_212412.thumb.jpg.ab3949abf343f5f8e405d7381369c2e5.jpg

those look good, its the differential gears that get that clicking sound. it like the rere gears dont have the best molds from the production line for that chassis model. its bit of work to make it mesh better but it does quiet down after use.  the pic is from another member here who did noticed the bevel gear.

TD gears filing inspection.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

TD unboxing videos starting to pop on on youtube. 😭

That’s just torture. 😢

2 hours ago, TheGizmodi said:

I'll swap you mine for an Avante? ;o) Always wanted one of those!

Me too lol

lol i think its next on the list......

Well the extra receiver, RS540 Sport Tuned motor and fast steering servo came today for the TD. Just waiting on my Fast Eddie Bearings to come in and I think I will get started!

Is there an MIP diff for this? Any other worthwhile hopup internals while building to look at?

1 hour ago, TheGizmodi said:

Is there an MIP diff for this? Any other worthwhile hopup internals while building to look at?

Internals are fine. Get some shafts to replace the screw pins.

1 minute ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Internals are fine. Get some shafts to replace the screw pins.

Thanks for the info! Any suggestions that isn't ebay? lol

i might not be the first person here to get the 2021 TD but i will settle for top five ie 2nd or third. my TD is on the order shipment for next week :). crossing fingers there are no unforeseen setbacks.

Good luck homes! Hopefully it comes through. Just waiting on all my parts to come in before I start the build!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

Good luck homes! Hopefully it comes through. Just waiting on all my parts to come in before I start the build!

thanks, i got all the parts for it already, the pins, aluminum A5 B7 supports and some suspension pins. i did get rubber Sprinter buggy tires but 1 front set is due to arrive at the end of the month to handle pavement. the spikes wont last long on pavement but will work well off road.

.... might need to order another steering servo, i "borrowed" the one marked for the TD to put on the lunchbox...

With the TD uncertainty, I decided to sell a few of my RCs over the last few weeks and I ordered a Kyosho Mad Van VE. It was dispatched today and should arrive Monday.

I will keep an eye on the TD situation but if there's no sign of it by the end of July I think will cancel my preorder then re-assess things toward the end of the year.

23 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

With the TD uncertainty, I decided to sell a few of my RCs over the last few weeks and I ordered a Kyosho Mad Van VE. It was dispatched today and should arrive Monday.

I will keep an eye on the TD situation but if there's no sign of it by the end of July I think will cancel my preorder then re-assess things toward the end of the year.

LOL!  Maybe things are different in the UK, but here in the US, going from Tamiya to Kyosho is like going over the wall INTO East Berlin...

Terry

would the TD benefit from a sport tuned motor or torque tuned instead of a silver can? i dont have any qualms with standard silver can though i do wonder what sort of speed it can get with brushed 540 NIMH.

4 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

I have one on my desk ready to go in it! RS540 Sports Tuned 

i guess the stock pinion will suffice with sport tuned?  think my TT02 has 21-23T?? pinion with sport tuned

Well I'm going to give it a try! lol Have a Sport Tuned in all my new models, just put one in the Blitzer to see the difference over the standard silver can and it is quite significant all around! Could be an older worn silver can, but it is definitely worth it. They have been on sale here in the US on Amazon for around $19 shipped so well worth it imo. I have a few spare pinion's so will see what options there are.

1 hour ago, TheGizmodi said:

Well I'm going to give it a try! lol Have a Sport Tuned in all my new models, just put one in the Blitzer to see the difference over the standard silver can and it is quite significant all around! Could be an older worn silver can, but it is definitely worth it. They have been on sale here in the US on Amazon for around $19 shipped so well worth it imo. I have a few spare pinion's so will see what options there are.

thanks, i just went and ordered a sport tuned motor. it not the fastest motor id have purchased but it should work well. i got 15T brushed 18T reserved for the Manta. from what i understand the TD prefers slower speeds to be more controllable.

• Like 1