rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

10 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Thanks! @moffman Guess this is an extra incentive to finish the Cat XLS. I've bought the Hotshot ball connectors that you suggested, so hopefully it'll be a scaleable mountain from here on out :)  

They've worked a treat on my cat! I've been having trouble with the main belt slacking off? took me a while to fathom what it was I thought it was the slipper clutch but it was making the clutch slip I tightened the belt and it stopped the clutch slipping!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:36 AM, TheGizmodi said:

Ok well it came! 

20210611_203205.thumb.jpg.fdc166f5687d14483bddb80dcd3b51c6.jpg20210611_203210.thumb.jpg.9a31edbb8b16d94e9539d87a0b3c07ff.jpg20210611_203217.thumb.jpg.c98fdb0b163c699526e13ed92a4f8c9a.jpg

Please could you post a picture of the side of the box showing the hop ups/upgrades?

Looking forward to getting mine built so I can experience trouble with it as well! :D For some stupid reason I bought the upgraded transmission and a lot of other parts a couple of months back. Don't think I have the stomach to replace the transmission, probably better to just plod on and get it finished as is instead of taking a step back. Will keep an eye out of that belt, cheers! @moffman

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Looking forward to getting mine built so I can experience trouble with it as well! :D For some stupid reason I bought the upgraded transmission and a lot of other parts a couple of months back. Don't think I have the stomach to replace the transmission, probably better to just plod on and get it finished as is instead of taking a step back. Will keep an eye out of that belt, cheers! @moffman

The thought of taking a cat xls apart again makes me shudder! Braver man than me if you go ahead with that? I just remember the 4 hours down accident and emergency getting my hand xrayed and stitched back up after I put the screwdriver through it when I was assembling the drive shafts😥

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Please could you post a picture of the side of the box showing the hop ups/upgrades?

Sure I'll post them in the morning. 

• Thanks 1

Ok fast Eddie bearings arrived today so that's all the pieces of the puzzle! Build starts tomorrow! 

I've never posted a build in the build section but may start one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGizmodi said:

Sure I'll post them in the morning. 

Can you post some to me too?

;)

On 6/22/2021 at 4:08 PM, moffman said:

The thought of taking a cat xls apart again makes me shudder! Braver man than me if you go ahead with that? I just remember the 4 hours down accident and emergency getting my hand xrayed and stitched back up after I put the screwdriver through it when I was assembling the drive shafts😥

I’m really not looking forward to rebuilding mine either. Especially with a bunch of stripped screws

4 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

Totally forgot to do this! So my apologies.  

20210625_203956.thumb.jpg.ac41eeb0edaf42221504cc00522ab570.jpg

Nice one! Thank you :wub:

8 hours ago, TheGizmodi said:

Totally forgot to do this! So my apologies.  

20210625_203956.thumb.jpg.ac41eeb0edaf42221504cc00522ab570.jpg

Very interesting, I might go for the DF02 shafts though it looks like you'd need to order 2 sets to cover all 4 corners. Not sure yet but I know I will be running the yellow CVA on mine. The bearing are already set aside for the TD.

it was a dark rainy morning and i was thunderstruck. LHS called and said they had something for me :). the bevel gears came out fairly well. there are a few small nubs at the base of the gear  and some flat areas between splines to clear out but they are of good molding. the shell is gonna get fiber tape and shoe goo reinforcement and the usual stickers will be used. waiting for the sport tuned that should be here in 2.5 weeks but i can busy myself with the manta and lunchie while i wait for the sport tuned.

as far as i know im in 3rd place to get the TD but i wont complain on that aspect.

IMG_4563.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nel33 said:

Very interesting, I might go for the DF02 shafts though it looks like you'd need to order 2 sets to cover all 4 corners. Not sure yet but I know I will be running the yellow CVA on mine. The bearing are already set aside for the TD.

Yeah going to see how it goes. I had the Fast Eddy bearing set ordered up and delivered already so that's all been fitted! The shocks seem pretty well balanced and with a moderate level of resistance so I'm going to see how they go. Forgot to fit my stainless suspension shafts though! Doh! So I will go back and do that tomorrow. It hit a record 105F degrees here today (40.5C) so its been a tad warm! lol

I also picked up a DJI Mini 2 drone and I plan on getting some cool footage of my cars in the coming week or so! Weather permitting of course ;o)

30 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

Yeah going to see how it goes. I had the Fast Eddy bearing set ordered up and delivered already so that's all been fitted! The shocks seem pretty well balanced and with a moderate level of resistance so I'm going to see how they go. Forgot to fit my stainless suspension shafts though! Doh! So I will go back and do that tomorrow. It hit a record 105F degrees here today (40.5C) so its been a tad warm! lol

I also picked up a DJI Mini 2 drone and I plan on getting some cool footage of my cars in the coming week or so! Weather permitting of course ;o)

i dont know now if i will got for those shaft. its gonna be easily $90 + to get a set of 4 for the TD. ive spent enough on other kits for the time being. maybe thats for later when stuff breaks . if you are keeping the mono shock, go with 700CST (or something in that zone) for that one to compensate for the dual load.

EDIT: screw that, i found a buyer on Ebay that had a decent price for the DF02 shafts and good shipping. it sets me back $65 ($25 each) but other sets advertised want +$40 for 1 set...

i dont envy those places where it 500 farenheit.... things are getting crazy BC we all took the planet for granted.

The thundershot chassis doesn't 'need' cvd's/Universal's, it runs great out of the box with dog bone shafts.....you will see when running stock

5 hours ago, taffer said:

The thundershot chassis doesn't 'need' cvd's/Universal's, it runs great out of the box with dog bone shafts.....you will see when running stock

Thank you for the reply. I'm keep the universals as spares when they come in. The cups could still be placed on the kit fine I guess.

So it seems the evo has hit US mainland and shipping out now from tamiyausa

Ok here it is!

Took a little longer than expected due to the ridiculous heatwave and 121F Degree weather... with no AC!! lol

Driven it around my house on the hardwood, runs well, will be giving it a run outside this afternoon! Enjoy....

20210630_133833_HDR.thumb.jpg.d9cd8b7b0be1ab44f71b96216c5efb84.jpg20210630_133732.thumb.jpg.9e6ea82cc4877c569a10859df579e595.jpg20210630_133744_HDR.thumb.jpg.ff6899f1f09919be5458fdfe2390d29f.jpg20210630_133902_HDR.thumb.jpg.fb113a37cb33977b95fc7bc5b9843ebf.jpg20210630_133916_HDR.thumb.jpg.40a6e7a46aaa29f9311615e784c71858.jpg

• Like 10

I love how Tamiya can release something as cool as this and at the same time have something as insane looking as the Fire Dragon on the same chassis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For people in the US: amain has the Top Force Evo in stock as of today.

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

For people in the US: amain has the Top Force Evo in stock as of today.

I got a shipping notification from tower, now to decide to keep or sell

Still waiting on the TD in the uk. Jadlam insist it's this month along with a few other stores but some are still saying September.