rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

On 7/28/2021 at 6:00 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Was in my LHS today and he had recently received a big order. A bunch of Thunder Dragons on the shelf, only one TF evo left now though as he got them a while back. I came out with $8 worth of springs

Where’s your local? I was at Speedi Tuesday last week to pick up a Top FE and he had a load of Thunder Dragons too. Plus a beautiful Kyosho Optima Turbo. Man I want one of those 

• Like 1

Got an email from Jadlam today.

Subject: "Your next RC car is in stock right now!"

*opens email*

"We've got some great new examples from FTX arrived with us"

QdYGL99.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NZJohn said:

Where’s your local? I was at Speedi Tuesday last week to pick up a Top FE and he had a load of Thunder Dragons too. Plus a beautiful Kyosho Optima Turbo. Man I want one of those 

Yep that was Speedi. Hes my go to for onroad stuff. I like his shop as he keeps a lot of kits in stock compared to others, reminds me of Hobby City from the 90s

TD slipped another 2 weeks. Most sites say 14-17th now.

This has left a really bad taste in my mouth, I must say. Some people have had theirs for 3 months now. Even with covid disruption etc, it seems ridiculous. I've had my Mad Van VE for several months now and it was announced around the same time!

I tried to contact Tamiya via several channels but have been ignored.

• Sad 1

2 weeks for the TD is better than the Nov arrival date I’m seeing for the Porsche or the Turbo Scorpion. Hopefully the shipping upholds these timelines now

On 9/3/2021 at 12:31 AM, Sprocket said:

2 weeks for the TD is better than the Nov arrival date I’m seeing for the Porsche or the Turbo Scorpion. Hopefully the shipping upholds these timelines now

The TD has been getting delayed since April

Modelsport have just posted on their Instagram page that a batch of Thunder Dragons has arrived. I can confidently say the long wait is nearly over 🥲

• Like 1

My TD finally shipped!

Interestingly, got an email from Jadlam saying it was everyone's "last chance" to get the Thunder Dragon 2021. When was the first chance?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Interestingly, got an email from Jadlam saying it was everyone's "last chance" to get the Thunder Dragon 2021. When was the first chance?

LOL??? thats bizarre to say the least.

the rusty wheels are starting to turn for UK and TD. i DID get the 04 ESC with my TD kit, unless they mucked around with packaging in the factory.

• Like 1

It will be nice to have a LIPO cut off built in for a change. Reading some sites, it looks like the specs aren't quite as good as the 02 for brushless motors but then again, the TBLE-04SR version seems to differ only in that is has a fan so presumably, fitting a fan will allow you to run a 10.5 or 13.5 sensored motor which would be fine. Brushed motor specs are still pitiful though.

4 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

FYI Tower has Thunder Dragon in stock, get before they're gone!

I feel like this is similar to the XBox/PS5 shortages. Thankfully, I can just add it to my cart without it disappearing in a split second and an OOS message. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I feel like this is similar to the XBox/PS5 shortages. Thankfully, I can just add it to my cart without it disappearing in a split second and an OOS message. 

Lol nice, did you buy one? I got even though don't need. I already got 2 terras and a fire dragon but cheap on tower with premier coupons. 

19 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Lol nice, did you buy one? I got even though don't need. I already got 2 terras and a fire dragon but cheap on tower with premier coupons. 

It’s in my cart. I noticed they have a body parts set due in November so I’m trying to decide (I have an old TD that needs a body and a NIB Terra Scorcher). It’s a tough decision 😃

9 minutes ago, tamiya_1971 said:

It’s in my cart. I noticed they have a body parts set due in November so I’m trying to decide (I have an old TD that needs a body and a NIB Terra Scorcher). It’s a tough decision 😃

You can always resell after they're all sold out if you end up not wanting it. 

• Like 1

Well, she's pretty much done. Just waiting on the driver figure/chassis cover that my neighbor offered to paint for me. He's into scale modelling so will undoubtedly do a way better job than I would have managed.

L2ZBYWH.jpg
5SH07av.jpg
0BBqjGv.jpg
JZEi0yH.jpg
7Pdr1ZQ.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Well, she's pretty much done. Just waiting on the driver figure/chassis cover that my neighbor offered to paint for me. He's into scale modelling so will undoubtedly do a way better job than I would have managed.

L2ZBYWH.jpg
5SH07av.jpg
0BBqjGv.jpg
JZEi0yH.jpg
7Pdr1ZQ.jpg

Update when you get it back !

I got mine done and also just need to get the painted driver figure in. It’s a really nice kit and looking forward to giving it a spin.