rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

I haven't gotten around to building my TD yet but it's next on list. How much roof space is there with the driver figure placed on the chassis? I hope to make anthropomorphic cat driver on mine so some ears will be needed...

On 11/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, nel33 said:

I haven't gotten around to building my TD yet but it's next on list. How much roof space is there with the driver figure placed on the chassis? I hope to make anthropomorphic cat driver on mine so some ears will be needed...

Not much.20211107_192306.thumb.jpg.9ee0f590c896c68bdddb48697b05ff78.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mike in pa said:

Not much.20211107_192306.thumb.jpg.9ee0f590c896c68bdddb48697b05ff78.jpg

thank you for the reply. i think i might have some space for cat ears, thankfully the show Swat Kats has them placed more on the human placing than the very top of the head. i will need to be mindful of body slap in some cases.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 4:00 PM, mike in pa said:

I picked up a TD on Saturday from LHS. About half built now.

Mike, where in PA are you that you have a LHS that sells Tamiya?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Mike, where in PA are you that you have a LHS that sells Tamiya?

Well funny thing about that. I live in Monroe County which is the county on the eastern end where Rt80 comes into PA. Currently there are NO hobby shops in Monroe County and the only one in PA that I go to here and there is down towards the Lehigh Valley, Trains and Lanes, but they rarely handles Tamiya, just traxxas, Armaa, and axial, plus lost/associated for the race guys.

So, earlier in the year, I found a hobby shop just over in NJ, F&M in Flanders and he has tons of Tamiya kits. It only takes me about ten to fifteen minutes longer to hit the place in NJ but it's worth it. He even handles Kyosho kits too. He has plenty of stuff for the traxxas/aarma/axial crowd too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mike in pa said:

Well funny thing about that. I live in Monroe County which is the county on the eastern end where Rt80 comes into PA. Currently there are NO hobby shops in Monroe County and the only one in PA that I go to here and there is down towards the Lehigh Valley, Trains and Lanes, but they rarely handles Tamiya, just traxxas, Armaa, and axial, plus lost/associated for the race guys.

So, earlier in the year, I found a hobby shop just over in NJ, F&M in Flanders and he has tons of Tamiya kits. It only takes me about ten to fifteen minutes longer to hit the place in NJ but it's worth it. He even handles Kyosho kits too. He has plenty of stuff for the traxxas/aarma/axial crowd too.

Cool thanks for the info.  That's about 2.5 hours from me so not terribly convenient but I do have to travel to Jersey City every once in a while for work and this might make a decent pit stop.

• Like 1

I’m surprised that there isn’t more excite for the EVO. I’ve given up on getting one from an American vendor, seems Tower had been on back order since July. Just ordered one from Jazz. Im super excited. Will be my last purchase, that is until Tamiya decides to do an OG Astute , KingCab variant, or a new legit 4wd.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, GTodd said:

I’m surprised that there isn’t more excite for the EVO. I’ve given up on getting one from an American vendor, seems Tower had been on back order since July. Just ordered one from Jazz. Im super excited. Will be my last purchase, that is until Tamiya decides to do an OG Astute , KingCab variant, or a new legit 4wd.

I agree there isnt to much online about as opposed to the super avante. I am starting my evo build next week after sitting on it since july. 

What do you mean- there were tons of unboxing, build and run videos considering it was a re-release!

4 hours ago, Alangt4 said:

What do you mean- there were tons of unboxing, build and run videos considering it was a re-release!

I agree on the unboxing videos, but def not many running vids

Has anyone seen Tamiya releasing a clear shell? I'm getting ready to build, but boxart is not for me. 
Also, I've not the wheels available anywhere, and I've been waiting for hicaps to be released as well. But I guess the last couple of years of pandemic wrecking havoc on all supply chains means we just got to be patient. 

12 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Has anyone seen Tamiya releasing a clear shell? I'm getting ready to build, but boxart is not for me. 
Also, I've not the wheels available anywhere, and I've been waiting for hicaps to be released as well. But I guess the last couple of years of pandemic wrecking havoc on all supply chains means we just got to be patient. 

Yeah, I'm just going to reply to myself here and inform me that I need to up my search game, as that let me find everything I thought wasn't available.