rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

I lost all faith when I saw the Fighter Buggy memorial thingy and the Plasma Edge colour fantasy, so it was a pleasant surprise when the TF Evo popped up. Hopefully they'll do some proper blister packaging like they did with the Avante and Egress. 

Happy days! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert5000 said:

I lost all faith when I saw the Fighter Buggy memorial thingy and the Plasma Edge colour fantasy, so it was a pleasant surprise when the TF Evo popped up. Hopefully they'll do some proper blister packaging like they did with the Avante and Egress. 

Happy days! 

The price is going to be BIG but will pick one up. Same with thunder dragon 

• Like 1

Oh yes, I am sure this will equal  two - three Grasshoppers, and then some. I might be naive but I'm thinking Avante/Egress territory? 

• Like 1

Just now, Robert5000 said:

Oh yes, I am sure this will equal  two - three Grasshoppers, and then some. I might be naive but I'm thinking Avante/Egress territory? 

I think more 😵

• Confused 1

Those of you in the know, are there any differences between the original and re-re decals? 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Just now, rwordenjr said:

I think more 😵

Is there any other reasoning besides wanting to make more money? The Top Force Evo was after my time so to speak, but are they more iconic or expensive to manufacture compared to the Avante or Egress? 

• Like 1

The Top Force with carbon chassis and hicaps was about 3/4 the price of the VQS. Hopefully the Evo will come in under the VQS,  that was crazy expensive

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Is there any other reasoning besides wanting to make more money? The Top Force Evo was after my time so to speak, but are they more iconic or expensive to manufacture compared to the Avante or Egress? 

They’re more coveted now because this is the first time they’ve ever be rereleased. 

• Like 1

Just realised my price comparison is probably wrong now. When I got my TF that held, but the VQS came out later and prices have increased substantially, so ignore me...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The Top Force with carbon chassis and hicaps was about 3/4 the price of the VQS. Hopefully the Evo will come in under the VQS,  that was crazy expensive

This is Tamiya, so I'm not expecting that much logic behind the pricing :) And as @rwordenjr points out this is the first time it's being released and I'm sure they'll be taking that into account when pricing it. 

Really nice spread of releases this time! I think they've finally got something for everyone!

Prices will be interesting!

57 minutes ago, Ministrone said:

I don’t get why people love the Top Force so much. Maybe I need to try one. 🤔

I really like the DF01 chassi. The Terra Conqueror is probably my favourite runner, with the added bonus of not being as plain ugly as the Top Force. As for the TF Evo, it's the pinnacle of the DF01 (please correct me if I'm wrong) which makes it kind of special. I'm expecting Tamiya to give this the same packaging treatment as the Avante and Egress. 

37 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

Really nice spread of releases this time! I think they've finally got something for everyone!

Agreed! 

I'm stoked about the TA-02 Calibra - been wanting a perfect TA-01/2 chassis for ages! :P

• Like 3

FINALLY the Thunder Dragon. Not that i will get it brcause i already have 2, but it warms my heart to see it re-released. Good selection overall i think. If i am going to be moon on a stick about it, I think they should have chucked some matched wild one/Super G wheels at the black edition Grasshopper2, but the body and decals look great anyway. 

• Like 4

Top Force Evo is a must have, and I'm delighted that kit has come back relatively soon after the standard TF re-re-release too. Thought they might keep us hanging on for years like they are doing with the Avante 2001. I guess the Evo UK price will be similar to the Avante.

Could be tempted by Thunder Dragon/Fire Dragon bodysets to sit on my Terra Scorcher chassis. Not really interested in the kits though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Could be tempted by Thunder Dragon/Fire Dragon bodysets to sit on my Terra Scorcher chassis. Not really interested in the kits though.

That's a brilliant idea, think I'll go that route as well. 

+ if the Jadlams preorder price is where it's at I feel we dodged a bullet. 

• Like 1

I've been trying to do a search of the site but I apparently suck at finding stuff, did the Top Force Evo come with titanium screws? Or was that a hop up? 

I'm looking at the hi-caps in the picture and they have different springs and don't seem to have the adjustable collars on them? Unless this is just the mock up (mule) version?