rwordenjr

Top force evo!!! Thunder dragon !!! 2021

3rd September on Wheelspin now, too. That's crazy even putting aside all the issues with covid etc.

I think I might cancel. I'm on furlough which ends in September and I have no idea what my job situation will be at that point, April was far enough way that I could have built and enjoyed it for a few months but depending on how things go, come September, RC cars might be the last thing on my mind.

3 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

3rd September now :o

2028 or 2038? LOL i havent heard any news yet on when mines pushed back yet.

10 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

3rd September now :o

This is turning into a bad joke. It might be production delays somehow linked to materials shortages, etc. but you know what might help Tamiya garner a little sympathy?  Information. Instead of being all mysterious and just continually pushing back release dates or supplying wrong-spec ESCs, how about a heads up? Just knowing they might be suffering from a parts shortage or something goes a long way toward better understanding from your customer base. 

• Like 2

Yeah that’s not looking good for the TD. Disappointing but that’s how it is. Maybe get something else in the meantime. Not sure what maybe dark impact or hot shot?

Just spoke to RCPlanet (USA) and they confirmed they had 1x 2021 rere in stock, so purchased it and allegedly it gets delivered on Friday. So we shall see!

Emailed Jadlam yesterday because they still have April on their site. No answer so far.

54 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

Just spoke to RCPlanet (USA) and they confirmed they had 1x 2021 rere in stock, so purchased it and allegedly it gets delivered on Friday. So we shall see!

For how much? The price on their site is way too much. I got mine for $140

I had a couple of discount codes and credits (returns) to use so it was just over $200 express shipping inclusive of tax. A little more than its available for if you wait, but based on everything I've seen so far, that date could be December! lol

Do you have yours in hand?

Question for those that have built the evo. Does the body have the protective film on? Mine doesn’t appear to have but don’t want to damage it by scratching too hard!

Have I missed the Evo build threads?

how can I live vicariously through you if you don’t post pics of your builds!!!

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 8:33 PM, nowinaminute said:

Emailed Jadlam yesterday because they still have April on their site. No answer so far.

I’m getting pretty fed up with the lack of stock of everything in the U.K. at the min.

pretty sure Jadlam will just say they don’t have any updates.

They’re a good bunch at Jadlam though.

1 hour ago, JimmyMcGoose said:

Question for those that have built the evo. Does the body have the protective film on? Mine doesn’t appear to have but don’t want to damage it by scratching too hard!

No the main body doesn’t have. The lower cover does.

• Like 1

Jadlam mailed back and said Tamiya have delayed the "release" to July which is a bit odd seeing as some stores in other countries have had examples in hand..

Still issues with shipping containers globally and on top of that to UK. So can assume that’s what the problem still is.

20 hours ago, Alangt4 said:

No the main body doesn’t have. The lower cover does.

Awesome, thanks 🙏 

I'm sure this may be annoying to those that shelled out for the Top Force only to get the 02s, but the TD does actually come with a TBLE-04s Speed controller....

1700751918_speedcontroller.PNG.7b323ff0114adc87f8cb974b6276c8a1.PNG

• Like 3

I still don't understand how the TD can be almost 3 months away in the UK, even factoring in all the covid delays and Brexit etc.

I've seen plenty of other Tamiya items turn up much closer to schedule. Perhaps they are prioritising certain things?

6 hours ago, TheGizmodi said:

I'm sure this may be annoying to those that shelled out for the Top Force only to get the 02s, but the TD does actually come with a TBLE-04s Speed controller....

1700751918_speedcontroller.PNG.7b323ff0114adc87f8cb974b6276c8a1.PNG

Does it come with the other annoying tamiya trate these days?......pre painted body? The 4s wasn't such a big issues for me because I used a different esc/motor combo but I still think £399 for the topforce evo and 2s esc is a bit of a liberty on tamiya's behalf! ( fantastic buggy though as is the thunder dragon)

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I still don't understand how the TD can be almost 3 months away in the UK, even factoring in all the covid delays and Brexit etc.

I've seen plenty of other Tamiya items turn up much closer to schedule. Perhaps they are prioritising certain things?

I'm reckoning you won't be waiting much longer? The kits are starting to appear in Europe give it a week or so and it will appear in the UK! I'm not up to speed with the TD but I'm thinking it's the thunder shot with different body? I have the terra scorcher and that's the same with independent shocks? 

Anyone in the US waiting for an evo will keep waiting. I called Tower yesterday after they changed the delivery until July. They told me Tamiyausa told them late July now.