Sign in to follow this  
The13bats

Any onroad hornets

About 30 years ago i built several onroad cars using the hornet as a base, ( all for other people )

I used shocks on the front so i would have suspension travel whithout putting extra holes in the body, i of course ran onroad wheels and tires

a few years ago a fellow hit me on FB saying he still had the 63 vette i built him,

I have no pictures, i got curious anyone else do this type conversion?

Cheers

b

Back in the 80s RC Car Action did a feature on this. They used Parma and Bolink bodies and they looked good.  I remember Bolink use to make foams that fit Tamiya hubs and bearings which gave an instant road car.

Once in awhile you’ll see someone one ebay selling something similar.  Does anyone have a a Car Action digital subscription? I don’t know if the archive everything, that was around 87-88 but it would be cool to check.

Camaro, seems i recall that article, they used the same vette body i used in several builds, its the same body as in the movie Dead pool but iirc that was an rc10ds ( modded ) i built at least 40 hornets and their spin off back then,  i liked the straight rear axle on them.

OIP.NRa42Z-0xR6hSYGgBO8JAwHaEm.jpg.523b73a2d05c4929eb79051a25e960fc.jpg

Also iirc the article started with how we all have stacks of rc10 and frog parts and brs full of track dirt, " street is neat"

I wasnt in the rc biz but built and repaired for shops for fun, the local track started a bomber oval race type idea about the time my real career took off.

Right now im putzing with a few old school builds, rat rod , bomber, wasteland warrior type builds.

Heres a vette body my buddy hacked about 30 years back, its on a lowerd rc10,  mix of parts, going to sand and paint the body flat from the outside,

20210125_012012_copy_1097x579.thumb.jpg.5f909897eeb50d61ea20716536c445ef.jpg20210125_012340_copy_1117x565.thumb.jpg.f1a451cd5c83022b87445d3475462b75.jpg

Pretty sure this was bolink, parma had the hemi vette a much more detailed and scale on version.

I did that 63 Vette on my RC10 too after watching The Dead Pool!

KEV- You can still pick up those CRP conversion kits on ebay pretty reasonably. .