Oh How Original

OHOs DT02 HB speed project!

I'm running my HB on 3S...  I don't think it takes away from the challenge. Getting this Chassis to handle insane speed, including the poor front Aerodynamics - THAT'S the real challenge. 

And tell your Girlfriend that she ROCKS!! That was an awesome gesture.

I am enjoying the 2s challenge anyway for now :D 

I also have smashed that previous 43mph run, so be sure to subscribe and follow along :P 

She knows she rocks lol :D 

• Like 1

So, a little fettling on the HB this evening after chucking the Kraton on the wardrobe in annoyance :lol: 

Lowered it 12mm more on the rear and I believe 18mm on the front, she now sits nice and low. 

I noticed last time out it seemed to want to steer left a tiny bit.

In my haste, I'd added 2mm more spacer to the right, it was causing the steering issue, all fixed now.

I've also gone up to a 20t pinion, since I was let in on a little 'hack' to have the motor only held in with one screw, it actually allows for a 20t pinion, winner winner, gone up 3t, that should see some improvement on the speed.

I also noticed, really weirdly, my glue must be mega strong, the wheels is actually cracking all the way round on both sides but the tyre is still intact :lol: never seen this before!!

Hopefully going to a new place tomorrow, I should be able to hold it flat out for longer and not uphill, like Episode 3, which is coming very soon!

And added a lightened main drive gear, think it was 4g lighter, probably won't make any difference but well y'know... And added my freebie red wheelnuts, they add at least 5hp!

155864497-716378322376082-23389561387938

155804176-722881171923276-38928616185781

• Like 2

Here is Episode 3 of the Holiday buggy speed car project, in this video we smash the previous 43mph record... Okay maybe not by a huge margin, but on this chassis and body, it's a decent achievement!
Hope you enjoy, subscribe to follow along with the project and wait for the next episode!

• Like 2

Man, I don't know how I forgot to update this.

Lifes got in the way a little I guess, anyway here's the 4th and I'm going to say probably final episode of the WR HB project.

Sorry it's so late posting.

Some of you may have seen it already.

• Like 1

Well I caved completely and tried a 3s in it, this is a real testament to Hobbywing in my opinion, massively overpowering this little ESC and so far, it's not blown.

I believe the limit is 6000kv for 2s running, I currently have a 8250kv motor hooked up and put a 3s in it lol.

• Like 2