scott1979

Old techniplus - lost battery contact points

So i dug out my older thunder shot and the controller.  However, i had left the batteries in the controller and the contact point are knacked and breaking off - can this be saved?

controller.jpg

Hi Scott , Unless you can find more contact plates it will be useless . The plates that are left can be cleaned with clear vinegar , if there is any metal left in them . It might be easier to get another handset (27mhz?) . Best to assess the rest of the T/Shot and see what else needs attention then make a decision about what you might need to get this bad boy up and running . Bear in mind that the T/shot has been re-released so parts should be ok . The radio gear could be suspect as I guess it has a MSC wiper arm speed controller ? . This could be made to work if it doesn't already , and you will need to check out the stick battery / charger . Post up some pics :)

1 minute ago, KEV THE REV said:

Hi Scott , Unless you can find more contact plates it will be useless . The plates that are left can be cleaned with clear vinegar , if there is any metal left in them . It might be easier to get another handset (27mhz?) . Best to assess the rest of the T/Shot and see what ekse needs attention then make a decision about what you might need to get this bad boy up and running . Bear in mind that the T/shot has been re-released so parts should be ok . The radio gear could be suspect as I guess it has a MSC wiper arm speed controller ? . This could be made to work if it doesn't already , and you will need to check out the stick battery / charger . Post up some pics :)

Thank for the reply - Ill post up the T/shot later tonight.  

There isnt any metal left on most of them.  I have another version of the controller that work and i can swap the crystals, but that another thread...If i wanted a new controller to replace this AP-27 5 - What would you recommend? 

There are a few 27mhz handsets out there , or you can replace the handset and receiver & servo for a more modern 2.4ghz for more reliability . You could go the whole hog and replace the MSC with an ESC if it is old school MSC

1 hour ago, scott1979 said:

Can you suggest something?  Would like to keep as stock as possible for now.

There is this one on eBay , he is a member here so you could possibly work out a deal  :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACOMS-TECHNIPLUS-AP-27-MK-V-2-CHANNEL-27-MHz-AM-R-C-RC-TRANSMITTER-CONTROLLER-1/363267265772?epid=13027261876&hash=item54946a94ec:g:U-sAAOSw1wtgChPg

Those metal plates do pop out.  Just look on eBay for broken transmitters but with good battery terminals.  You could buy suitable strips of spring steel and get creative to make your own.