scott1979

Car no controller

I have my dads old hornet but no controller.  I have a controller and two crystals, how would i go about making the hornet work ?

I guess there is a full radio in the hornet ? if the crystals you have are a matched pair you should be ok to fit the RX crystal into the Hornets receiver and TX one into the handset - charge up a battery and you could be driving - assuming all the radio gear is the same - ie 27mhz ?

1 hour ago, KEV THE REV said:

I guess there is a full radio inthe hornet ? if the crystals you have are a matched pair you should be ok to fit the RX crystal into the Hornets receiver and TX one into the handset - charge up a battery and you could be driving - assuming all the radio gear is the same - ie 27mhz ?

Yup is has every all the radio gear and works when i manually mover the servo.  I am a bit lost on the matched pair?  Ii have two other cars and they have a band 2 and 4 and work okay (thanks to the other thread).  I didnt get a controller with the hornet or its got lost.  How would i go about matching them with what i have currently?  Although the hornet has a futaba receiver and my thunder shot (other car is a MC version) has an acoms - is this the issue? 

If you use band #2 'red' pair or band #4 'yellow' pair they should work , the reciever brand is ok they should work in either . The crystals should have printed on them TX and RX and a frequency number , band #2 will be 27.045 and band #4 will be 27.145 . The TX crystal goes into the handset and the RX into the receiver . You might find the neutral points on the throttle and steering are out of centre and might need resetting , so be aware when you switch on , place it on a stand or box not touching the wheels first before putting it on the floor to check for neutral to avoid a run off .

• Like 1