Finnsllc

Man......EBAY

On 1/27/2021 at 2:34 PM, Saito2 said:

When I was hunting for a used Traxxas Bandit, I ran into the same issue. Ebay, C-List and Marketplace all had used examples for more than what they were new. Do these things ever sell or are folks too dumb to shop around? One quick look at the Traxxas website will net you a new one with radio gear for $160. Why would I want a used one for over $200?

There is a Local classified listing I frequent.( not C-list or fb marketplace )I have found some ok deals on there from time to time. Right now, though, someone has a used Traxxas 2wd Slash, brushless for about what you can get a NEW 4x4 Slash. Same site someone else is selling a Clod Body kit ( not even a Chevy bowtie grill version) for $120. For just a hard body and trim.

I have a soft spot for Super Hornets (was my first real RC and I have 2). I keep an eye out on ebay for parts etc and lately BIN prices for a used SH start around AUD$350. Crazy stuff indeed.

This crafty fellow has this "rare" Parma Gravedigger body listed for $100(!) locally. Needless to say it hasn't sold for some time now. I can't imagine why. Who doesn't want a beat lexan body with a huge hole hacked in it? What a steal!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

This crafty fellow has this "rare" Parma Gravedigger body listed for $100(!) locally. Needless to say it hasn't sold for some time now. I can't imagine why. Who doesn't want a beat lexan body with a huge hole hacked in it? What a steal!

That POS has been on CL forever...unreal.  I have a new 1/8 Parma Digger body in the bag with decals and I probably wouldn't even ask for that much.

On the other side of the coin if you do actually have something nice that is worth the asking price people constantly lowball you.  Have something that's worth $500, list it for $350 since you want it gone, and you get offers for $100...but they'll pick it up today!  Not sure why picking something up today warrants a $200+ discount.

I have so many spares I won't use and would gladly give them to someone that would appreciate them if they were local rather than trying to sell them.  I prety much exclusively sell on Ebay due to low ballers and people I'd just rather not deal with.  The fees are killer, but you do usually get a fair price when selling.

3 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

There is a Local classified listing I frequent.( not C-list or fb marketplace )I have found some ok deals on there from time to time. Right now, though, someone has a used Traxxas 2wd Slash, brushless for about what you can get a NEW 4x4 Slash. Same site someone else is selling a Clod Body kit ( not even a Chevy bowtie grill version) for $120. For just a hard body and trim.

....some would call this quite a deal.:o

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Not without access to a time machine it would seem...

Whats a time machine? Something like VPN or darkweb?

these technologies these days :D 

Ebay is basically a necessary evil, but you can find good deals, think I said on another thread, you just have to have to search and search, have your alerts set up, search, be ready and be lucky :)

5 hours ago, Wez-li said:

Ebay is basically a necessary evil, but you can find good deals, think I said on another thread, you just have to have to search and search, have your alerts set up, search, be ready and be lucky :)

Yup, that’s that way!