NoobatRc

Building My Madbull

I've had some advice from people and I've bought some things to upgrade my madbull

This topic is for me to show my madbull evolve

Love the Mad Bull (or Mad Gecko in your case).  Interested to see what you do with it and if you like the improvements.  Mine is totally stock with a brushless system and I love it.  Almost afraid to change anything to take away the unpredictable character it has.

I'm thinking of upgrading dampeners, steering arm, maybe new motor, new pinion gear(steel)

If anyone has any suggestions for more upgrades please tell me!

Apart from adjustable track rods and rubber sealed bearings (if not already fitted), I think your list about covers it. There aren't many other upgrades available for the DT-01 chassis, neither does it need them IMO.

I did bearings, brushless motor and better shocks on mine and it's brilliant.  I did experiment with some 3D printed double wishbone suspension on the front, but it's not what this buggy is about so when it broke I went back to standard.

Just made a cover for my chassis to save having to clean all the wet mud and grass and other things out of the chassis

Took a while and was very precise but its a great improvement for very little!

IMG_1431.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, NoobatRc said:

so i have just bought this motor (http://www.surpass-hobby.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_66&product_id=63)  it arrived and i tested it but it didn't work i'm pretty sure its the speed controller i'm not sure why. If anyone has any suggestions please help.

Which speed controller are you using?

Love the Mad Bull! So much fun. And takes a beating well too! 

This forum is great for advice and guidance, I got lots of fantastic help with my first build, have a read of the thread on here, might help some of your decisions!

59 minutes ago, NoobatRc said:

so i have just bought this motor (http://www.surpass-hobby.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_66&product_id=63)  it arrived and i tested it but it didn't work i'm pretty sure its the speed controller i'm not sure why. If anyone has any suggestions please help.

From what I can gather, the motor is sensorless and the ESC is for sensored only. I'm guessing that won't help. I don't have that particular ESC so can't confirm but that would be something to explore. Aside from that, without more info, it could be any number of things going on I'm afraid.  

49 minutes ago, NoobatRc said:

This is my speed controller its not a great picture sorry.

IMG_1475.JPG

@Silver-Can has hit it on the head.  Your speed controller needs a sensored motor to work. You could get a sensorless speed controller to work with your new motor, or a sensored motor to work with your existing speed controller. Either would solve your problem.

Grab a Hobbywing QUICRUN 10BL60 Sensored BL ESC from Modelsport for £30 then you can also upgrade to 3s LiPo :)

don’t forget you need the sensor cable and an adaptor to run a standard stick pack though (and get your soldering iron out)

OR 

get a brushless combo from goolRC for £30 where your get the motor and ESC together 

JJ