Sign in to follow this  
bartman77

kyosho scorpion

a liitle different,,,, pick up second hand for a good price,new unused , stickers were a little off so i tryd make something off that was left on the decal sheet,,,, happy as

IMAG0390[1].jpg

• Like 1

The Turbo Scorpion drives really nice..... I think it’s the extra wheelbase that makes the difference 

5 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

The Turbo Scorpion drives really nice..... I think it’s the extra wheelbase that makes the difference 

I can't wait to get mine going. I just finished the bodywork and tomorrow I should be done with the chassis. The weather should be rather dry on sunday so fingers crossed. I spent some extra time on the driver so I could paint the cockpit in mate black instead of using the stickers, this way it's as close to box art as I can achieve.

ACo3GWT.jpg

• Like 2

they go pretty good ,  handle not to bad  ,,,   got a few batterys though now ,, still debating if i put a motor in the white scorpion 1958138253_IMAG03931.thumb.jpg.90406eda73a6bf4a09914d8fe6a93a66.jpg 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 9:49 PM, bartman77 said:

hay VileQuenouille can put you  a pic of the optima i see  :D

It's fairly standard, Le Mans 240S motor and a Hobbywing ESC as the Kyosho Le Mans ESC was already out of stock everywhere. I made a ton of mistake on this one, especially with the body. It's the first car I bought when I got back into the hobby, and I wanted to treat myself with a really nice rere, but in hindsight I should have started with something a bit more simple. It drives great though and I don't bash it, I mostly drive it on road or on thin gravel.

tYqZNIo.jpg

• Like 1

nice  ,, i just cant find one in Australia ,,, theirs a few for sale but there asking silly amount for them ,,  something about them  wonder if kyosho may do a re re run of them again

42 minutes ago, TurboRSR said:

@bartman77 @VileQuenouille How much clearance do you guys have on the tie rods for the steering? Almost finished building my Turbo Scorpion now, but the tie rods are nearly touching the frame rails. 

1 - 1.5mm

spacer.png

You can sort that out by adjusting these

spacer.png

Clearance with the shock mounting plates are managed with your steering end points.

• Thanks 1