chrisandsally

Plasma Edge 2 or Evo 2021

I Folks, getting back in R/C and planning to get the New Plasma Edge 2 in the Irr Purple but now seen the Evo Re-Re.  Bit of a price hike but how much of a better car is it?

Love to know you thoughts.

Chris

Well, The Plasma Edge 2 is a solid buggy. I have one and love the thing. dirt cheap and really upgradable. The Evo Re-re is big money for getting back into the hobby. This is just my opinion though.

Whilst everything Trowa said is true, if you can afford it the EVO is a superior buggy. Way better shocks, ground clearance, weight. However its a limited release so spares might become difficult to find over time, and it runs ball differentials which do need some more maintenance than gear diffs. Which is not something that will happen with the plasma edge2. 

Depends on where you want to run it. If it's just blasting about in the street or dirt on fairly hard surface, the plasma edge will be fine. Even on an astroturf or dirt track they will be ok. If you run on grass or anything that requires a bit of ground clearance they are generally a bit too low. The balance between the two would be a Fire Dragon rere in my opinion. Tough, runs well, lots of ground clearance, and it's been rere'd so many times spares are never an issue. 

• Like 2

I have both (my TF isn't an Evo but it's close enough) and the TF is a far better buggy, there is no comparison. It has much better ground clearance, the hi cap dampers are brilliant and it drives amd jumps so much better.

I don't think spares will be an issue as they share them with the TA01 and TA02 and other DF01 chassis. You can also get chassis and shock towers aftermarket from Yeah Racing or Fibrelyte.

The only advantage the TT02B has is with the high speed gearset and Yeah Racing motor mount you can achieve any FDR which means any motor can be run. The TF is more limited in gearing options

If you can stretch the budget get the TF Evo.