Hi guys. I wanted to post this here on the top, so that many people can read it.

My anger came out of this topic:

I feel really comfortable here in TC but I dont need any politic vomits, envios, hater, flamer and also idiots who want to spread weired theories about COVID. I wanted to post this here that you guys keep an eye on all this, because TC need to stay the place where you discuss RC.

Okay, thats it, feeling better now. Thanks.

One more... stop posting pics of your childs. Thats no good behavior on an public board.

Thats why its in the off topic section. Not saying whats right or wrong in any of those posts but people do have differing opinions and always will so as long as its in the proper section of the forum you shouldnt let it effect your enjoyment of the RC related aspects of the site.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On the one hand, the poster of the covid-denial link has been sniffing around for a flame-war ever since he bought a Tamiya that he didn't like, I figure if we ignore him long enough he'll get bored and go away.

On the other hand, to say you don't want people posting controversial stuff, and then demand that people stop posting pics of their children without stating any reasons why it's not good behaviour of a public board does smell a little of hypocrisy, since that kind of post is bound to attract some replies from people who disagree (or, potentially, from people like me who usually don't get involved but have been forced to turn to the Malibu because they've run out of Morgan's Spiced and are now wondering if it was such a good idea after all).

However in principal I agree about the Covid stuff - it's been a big anxiety trigger for me and I like that I can come here and read all day knowing I'm not going to stumble across anything that's going to make me feel bad.  In practice, I find the tongue-in-cheek stuff like "we'll be in lockdown until 2050" is OK - humour is part of dealing with tough times and we all need some laughs at the moment, and I think we're all smart enough to tell the difference :)

• Like 5

"we'll be in lockdown until 2050"

Also - it's a great excuse to buy 30 years worth of spares :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

On the one hand, the poster of the covid-denial link has been sniffing around for a flame-war ever since he bought a Tamiya that he didn't like, I figure if we ignore him long enough he'll get bored and go away.

Thanks mention this. Seems like thats the character of the person behind.

About the other stuff, shure there is the off-space area, but in this case someone try to provide fake news or fake theories, there is no space for this, this has nothing to do with speech-freedom, IMO.

About that stuff with posting children pics. I should have been more precise and somehow it came up together with my anger about this fakenews posting and about internet behavior in general. What I dont understand, when people post a pic of doing theis RC (whatever,.. familytrip) and their (mainly not adult) kids, what do they think about privacy? They post the pic to the internet board, a open board where everyone can read and copy content (to the infinty) even without beeing a member.

Now, as the example from above, there are really strange people hiding behind a screen thinking they are invisible and they can do what they want. Every time I see this pics of kids, something make me feel unconfortable because I dont know how many weird creatures already pressed right-click&save and also, I dont know if the kid wants that I can see it on this pic. Do this kids like to be exposed? Do they know the whole community seeing them posing with their puppy, RC, whatever? I am very senitiv about this topic, maybe far more than many othes.

• Like 1

@Collin

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And
Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the light side of life
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

I don’t mind a nice debate about anything but it seems with things like covid then the social Media experts come out and list one paper about something vaguely linked that “proves” beyond reasonable doubt that the govt and main stream media (god I’m sick of that phrase) are making up figures and viruses and the safety of vaccines.

gyms - go outside! It’s lovely. Why need to go and stand in a stinky room?

pubs - I get people like to drink... but it’s pretty much available delivered to your door. Why need to go stand in a stinky room?

reataurants - just buy nice food and cook it yourself for 1/4 the price. Why need to..... well you can see where I’m going with this.

the reason we are locked down (imho) is that people continue to circulate BS on social media that leads people to believe the virus isn’t too bad (like the focus on 99% survival rate) so people continue to break the rules and spread the virus :(

JJ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, isomer1 said:

Also - it's a great excuse to buy 30 years worth of spares :D

Makes for a great excuse to maintain/update/modify what you have and build new. By the time we’ve hit the 1 year anniversary of this starting, I’ll have probably bought 4 new Tamiya R/C kits in the last year.......come to think of it, don’t think I’ve bought that many of their plastic kits in the last 10 either😳

6 hours ago, Collin said:

Hi guys. I wanted to post this here on the top, so that many people can read it.

My anger came out of this topic:

I feel really comfortable here in TC but I dont need any politic vomits, envios, hater, flamer and also idiots who want to spread weired theories about COVID. I wanted to post this here that you guys keep an eye on all this, because TC need to stay the place where you discuss RC.

Okay, thats it, feeling better now. Thanks.

One more... stop posting pics of your childs. Thats no good behavior on an public board.

Makes me feel like I am that bad person, just wanted to let something out rather here where people are normal than on news websites were I will get bombed by people who disagree and will upset me even more.

I went to sleep and woke up and seen non of that Alberto guy... 

• Like 4

Moved from General Discussion (about RC) to Off Topic.

I am keeping a very close eye on this thread if it starts to become a thread for conspiracy theories it will be locked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Makes me feel like I am that bad person, just wanted to let something out rather here where people are normal than on news websites were I will get bombed by people who disagree and will upset me even more.

I went to sleep and woke up and seen non of that Alberto guy... 

You dont need to feel bad at all, you postet your subjectiv point of view but nothing more. This kind of topic is hot right now because its facing us every second in our life.

But to post this media website with a huge smile and a "wake up" is like pooring oil into the fire. I have no understanding for this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Makes me feel like I am that bad person

Don't worry Fabia, I think I've managed to fall foul of all of Collins accusations too.

Must be a 'brit' thing but most of my colleagues and friends would find a comment about lockdown ending in 2525 to be funny and taken in the humorous context it was made in relation to a music video. Maybe the humour gets lost in translation?

As for posting pics of my kids, not sure why Collin has such a fearful outlook on life and is not necessarily understanding context or the subject. I never use my kids real names on public forums, they are referred to as youngest, middle and eldest mudlets. Any pictures showing their full faces have been 8-10 year old photos and my girls are totally unrecognisable from then. Any modern photos of them are generally obscured, or their faces are turned away from the camera etc.

I am finding alot more intolerance from people these days and oddly enough, it is the intolerance and constant demands for everybody to adhere to one person's views that destroys forums and society. Communities are not destroyed from accepting we are all different and have different views. We should try to tolerate and even learn from those differences. Again 'Brits' tend to be more tolerant than many but we are also quite intolerant of 'intolerant people', freedom of speech and expression is a highly valued freedom. In my case I have a habit of being intolerant of stupidity though...such as somebody suggesting to a novice that he should buy the smallest capacity battery he can get and recommending fitting soft skin LiPo helicopter batteries to an off road buggy owner....:D

Edit: it is also worth noting that my kids pictures are published by schools on their websites, at music festivals by newspapers after they won music competitions, in magazines and websites about Warhammer competitions and would potentially appear all over YouTube videos and magazines if they competed in a national RC race. So I think it is going a bit OTT to be criticizing me over the photos I posted that have actually had some thought and care put into their privacy? And ones that my kids are happy to be shared!

This is not just a forum for Tamiya. We are a linked community with a core interest.

I have seen people helped with issues that reach far outside RC and while it should never be the focus of the community it is nice it is there.

If someone is feeling down or insecure about any topic they should be able to post it in the correct place. I know that there are dedicated forums for everything but people feel among friends here. 

As long as things are supportive and not inflammatory then I am all in favour. 

As for kids, mine are on here somewhere enjoying the hobby. There are weirdos in life but they are unlikely to be trawling this forum for their nefarious deeds. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, acprc said:

if it starts to become a thread for conspiracy theories it will be locked.

Did you know that dogs cant look up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No I didn't. I Also learnt that cow's won't walk downstairs . I wondered why I had a cow on my landing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

No I didn't. I Also learnt that cow's won't walk downstairs . I wondered why I had a cow on my landing

Hahahaha 

and the dog downstairs can’t see it 

JJ

• Haha 2

I think people's coping mechanisms are different, some people are putting their fingers in their ears , and pretending it's not real , some are scared to look out of the window as it's something like, Medusa. 

• Like 1

By now I got used to being at home. I think I will not function normally once I have to find a job again, but sure will just take some time to adjust.

I wish I could On like this and stay at home play with RC and sell stff on ebay :D 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I wish I could On like this and stay at home play with RC and sell stff on ebay

People do mate! 

Plenty on, Esty etc too! 

15 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

By now I got used to being at home. I think I will not function normally once I have to find a job again, but sure will just take some time to adjust.

I wish I could On like this and stay at home play with RC and sell stff on ebay :D 

I’m working from home now and since it’s a call center job, I’ve talked a number of customers that are too, some are ready to get back in the office and be around more people, a lot like it, then there are this of us that live in the middle of the U.S., like myself, that also like not having to drive to and from work in the snow we’ve had so far this year........even as close to work as I live!