Sign in to follow this  
Fyksen

Two cars, TT01E

Since Im rather new to the RC world me and my son have build each our car.

The first chassis was build during the spring and started out as just a chassis and parts were bought over some time. I went with a Nissan GT-T34 Z-tune body
My son´s car was the Porsche 911 GT3 WIP kit and I included ballbearings and alu drive shaft for it. Christmas package. He also went with a custom paint job

Here is some pictures:

IMG_2164.JPG?width=590&height=370&fit=bo

IMG_2170.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

IMG_2163.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

And at last a paint job in progress picture of the wing and mirror for the Skyline

IMG_2165.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

There is nothing fancy with these kits as they are out first builds and kinda our learning/testing kits

• Like 7

You’ve done a great job with those, well done. Love the Porsche red, is it a Tamiya colour mix or something else?

The red is Tamiya Red Metallic - PS-15. With no backing color, my son wanted this way. The body is a little bit transparent though. But he liked it that way..
Those stickers are fun and a pain in the xxx at the same time, but turns out great if you are patient

Nice cars! The magnetic body posts really improve the look of the nissan I think. Will you do the same on the porsche? 

Thanks. Forgot to mention that. Those magnetic posts are nice and worth the time it takes to mount them. And they will not be used on the Porsche. 

Also bought some brake discs that looks awsome, but the ones I got was for another brand. Because the wheels touch the caliper or stopped turning. But it looks awsome!
001(1).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo
001.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bound

Update to follow later tonight with lights installed

Here comes the LED´s. I bought a kit from ebay(Link at the bottom) and they work great when you figure out the connection diagram which is WRONG. They look very blue on the pics, but are white in reality.

I guess the Tamiya LED kits are better though. But enough writing...

Our cars.. 
001(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

001(6).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo
001(5).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo
001(3).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

And here is how I did the wiring on the cars. Im abit affraid of using the gluegun on these shells.
001(4).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

Please tell me what you think. This is our first cars and we are aware of alot of small annoying flaws and mistakes, but the next will be better.

Link to the LED kit from eBay

• Like 3

Very pretty cars, both of them. I see you are still running pogo stick spring holders though. I suspect you'll be very pleasantly surprised by how much even a basic set of oil dampers will improve the cars' handling. 

Alrighty.. after some driving when the weather have been drivable..

001(22).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=b
001(21).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=b

Both shells are cracked in the front, the Porsche has a dent in the side and there are scratches all over the cars. 
The Skyline had a run in with a rock that scratched and cracked the front.. Alot of bad language were used to no use when that happend. The Porsche also had some jumps and some major crashes.

But even so, insane fun and alot more to come. Just have to clean up the drivetrain and get rid of some dust.

• Like 2

You're off to a great start, it looks like. And the cracks in the bumpers aee nothing that can't be fixed with a little Shoe-Goo and reinforced with fiberglass tape.

And hey, if they get really wrecked, that's just an excuse to try some new body styles...

On 4/3/2021 at 3:26 AM, markbt73 said:

You're off to a great start, it looks like. And the cracks in the bumpers aee nothing that can't be fixed with a little Shoe-Goo and reinforced with fiberglass tape.

And hey, if they get really wrecked, that's just an excuse to try some new body styles...

Oh yes !