Juhunio

Ford blue, there or thereabouts

Hey TC

I've got a HPI Ford GT shell that I want to spray in a close-ish Ford dark blue, and wondering if any of youze had attempted and got close enough to the colour?

I was thinking PS-4 will probably be too dark and flat, so maybe PS-16 or PS-30 with some gun metal / black backing? 

Or is PS-59 a good match?

Any prior testing and experience would be great to hear about

Cheers!

spacer.png

Hmmm, maybe scratch that...

I just found a can of PS-59 in the garage and it looks close enough to that pic for me

File this one under 'thinking out loud / answering your own question' :)

As you were...

• Like 1

Post a pic when you get it done!  I did a truck in PS-16, the regular metallic blue, but I was very close to going with the dark also.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kwkenuf said:

Post a pic when you get it done!  I did a truck in PS-16, the regular metallic blue, but I was very close to going with the dark also.

Will do!

Little late, but PS59 should give you the color you're looking for.  This is a truck I painted in PS59 Dark Metallic Blue with PS5 Black backing.  This is with a pretty good initial coverage of PS59, so if you want it a bit darker just go lighter on the PS59 and back it sooner.

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Little late, but PS59 should give you the color you're looking for.  This is a truck I painted in PS59 Dark Metallic Blue with PS5 Black backing.  This is with a pretty good initial coverage of PS59, so if you want it a bit darker just go lighter on the PS59 and back it sooner.

IMG_0225.JPG

That looks the business!

Thank you, and definitely not too late; it hasn’t got above freezing here for 5 days and I doubt I’ll be doing any painting until April/May 😃

All I've managed to do so far is a first 'rough' cut of the shell for an initial fit, and to find some 'close enough' rims that come in the right offsets to get the 200mm HPI shell to sit right on a TT02 and fill out the arches

spacer.png

spacer.png

Glad I could help!  That GT body looks fantastic on the TT02, can't wait to see it painted.  I think it will look fantastic in PS59, it's a great color.  I feel your pain on the weather, I have a few shells all trimmed and ready to go but it's just been too cold to paint here.  I used to rush things and paint in the cold and it usually came out OK at first, but after running the paint would peel off...I've learned to have more patience these days :)  

• Like 1

@kwkenuf I finally got this one done :D Colour turned out pretty well, the HPI shell is an ok-ish fit on a TT-02 once you take the rear bumper off :lol:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

@Juhunio That looks really good!  It is slightly brighter than I expected,  but it making me reconsider the color for the '63 Vette body I have for my TT02.  I like the contrast with the bright accents.  

IS there something odd going on with the wheels?