Paynec81

2013 Egress

Ok so I finally pulled the trigger on the egress. Pre order made for May. I want to run brushed/nihm but wanted suggestions for the best ESC and Servo. Maybe something a bit blingy? If a 1060 is best for the job fine but would like to make it quite high end within reason...let’s say there’s no budget! Suggestions? Going to run with a super stock bz motor

I've pre-ordered one as well but I didn't get a date; is May the likely date for release?

Congratulations on the Egress purchase. A fantastic buggy.

We run ours with HW1060's now plus a LiPo and a 33K rpm brushed motor however we used to run Novak Rooster ESC's. They look awesome and have period credentials but are damned heavy!

14 minutes ago, tim04 said:

I've pre-ordered one as well but I didn't get a date; is May the likely date for release?

I just checked and my order says 1st June! 

Ok got a few good suggestions for esc now just servos to go!

I have this in my TT01 but it wasn’t cheap and is jittery as badword!

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/198416/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw6yo3fTG7gIVQZ7tCh3_cwo2EAQYASABEgKAhfD_BwE

just ordered this for my sons super hotshot but not received it yet so can’t comment on performance...

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-coreless-digital-hv-mg-bb-servo-11-5kg-0-17sec-66-4g.html

anyone got any other suggestions?

Who has a pre order available on their Web site ..They all show on order but not a press to order button ....Maybe they hit their own order number and maxed out ....?

11 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Congratulations on the Egress purchase. A fantastic buggy.

We run ours with HW1060's now plus a LiPo and a 33K rpm brushed motor however we used to run Novak Rooster ESC's. They look awesome and have period credentials but are damned heavy!

They look awesome! Exactly what I am after...bit of a statement piece! Can’t seem to find any freely in the Uk though :/

2 minutes ago, pengoo said:

Who has a pre order available on their Web site ..They all show on order but not a press to order button ....Maybe they hit their own order number and maxed out ....?

Modelsport is where I ordered 

• Thanks 1

Extremely frustrating...   While I applaud those who can pre-order an Egress, here in Japan there's not a hint of stock or re-release date in sight!  In order for me to have a hope of purchasing one at the moment..  I will have to pre-order from a site based in Europe or Hong Kong and pay the shipping on a TAMIYA model to be sent to Japan.  Sorry..  rant over lol.  

I'll bid my time and see what comes up here, and perhaps put my name on a list afar if need be.  While it sounds like I'm complaining (yeah..  I am I guess), I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to be able to purchase an Egress and a Turbo Optima should the chance arise.  Life could be worse.

Well manage to get my name on a pre order list ..but Even the seller thinks delivery numbers won't meet the order number as the norm ...so I gamble at best anyway ...

Think I would be more happy with the Egress over the TFE order I have on standby ...but can cover both bets I see what luck brings....

I pre-ordered one of these as well, but I'm a bit concerned about the lack of available parts - wheels in particular. I'm coming back to RC cars after a long break so wasn't aware how much of a problem this can be. Does parts availability usually improve when they do a re-release? I would hope so, because if I need a set of wheels right now I'd have to buy some off eBay for about £50! Thanks.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, jadcampbell said:

I pre-ordered one of these as well, but I'm a bit concerned about the lack of available parts - wheels in particular. I'm coming back to RC cars after a long break so wasn't aware how much of a problem this can be. Does parts availability usually improve when they do a re-release? I would hope so, because if I need a set of wheels right now I'd have to buy some off eBay for about £50! Thanks.

Ahem

• Haha 2

I've gone for the standard tamiya brushed/brushless esc and the understated tamiya type RR motor really does go well but then Its only lightly used but it's still goes well👍

20210207_154852.jpg

4 hours ago, moffman said:

I've gone for the standard tamiya brushed/brushless esc and the understated tamiya type RR motor really does go well but then Its only lightly used but it's still goes well👍

20210207_154852.jpg

Where did you find the blue turnbuckles? I need some 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paynec81 said:

Where did you find the blue turnbuckles? I need some 

Super clodbuster f parts! Not sure if people have cottoned on and then they are hard to find? But I noticed when I got my egress back in 2013 when I was re building a clod👍

img37842_06042012194704_1.jpg

img37842_06042012194704_3.jpg

10 hours ago, moffman said:

Super clodbuster f parts! Not sure if people have cottoned on and then they are hard to find? But I noticed when I got my egress back in 2013 when I was re building a clod👍

img37842_06042012194704_1.jpg

img37842_06042012194704_3.jpg

Haha yep they have cottoned on! Can’t find them anywhere. Parts bag F I think. Oh well

No inkling of pre-orders for the egress in the states.  Tamiyusa website shows it out of stock but an MSRP of $822 which is just insane to begin with.  Based on their other crazy pricing, I'd guess the egress will be $575 or higher if Tower ever gets any.  I just can't justify that.

In the topic of Egress ...those who have allready built or had one ......

Silly maybe ...but I am right as not many parts left over when built .apart from bits listed not used .....

As I purchased a ready built one ..Shelf queen etc ....But I don't mine an over haul ......BUT  on opening box to be face with small people of parts ..screws and the locked Diff gear shall etc ....Only to find  bag with 8 tiny ball bearings + 3 loose ....I know they are ones used in the diff build. the tiny ones off the center bolt .... but fear now car not been built correctly if these are still in the bag ....

Just double checking these would not be spare on a model like this .....but looks like what I will be doing over weekend ......:(

4 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

It’s been 4-5 years since I built my Egress, but I seem to remember the kit had some diff balls left after building it @pengoo

fingers crossed ...big strip down to find out ....lol

On 2/8/2021 at 3:07 PM, A-Baum said:

No inkling of pre-orders for the egress in the states.  Tamiyusa website shows it out of stock but an MSRP of $822 which is just insane to begin with.  Based on their other crazy pricing, I'd guess the egress will be $575 or higher if Tower ever gets any.  I just can't justify that.

At $822 you might as well pop over to eBay and get a 2013 one in as long as it takes to ship. 🙄

On 2/15/2021 at 10:52 PM, pengoo said:

In the topic of Egress ...those who have allready built or had one ......

Silly maybe ...but I am right as not many parts left over when built .apart from bits listed not used .....

As I purchased a ready built one ..Shelf queen etc ....But I don't mine an over haul ......BUT  on opening box to be face with small people of parts ..screws and the locked Diff gear shall etc ....Only to find  bag with 8 tiny ball bearings + 3 loose ....I know they are ones used in the diff build. the tiny ones off the center bolt .... but fear now car not been built correctly if these are still in the bag ....

Just double checking these would not be spare on a model like this .....but looks like what I will be doing over weekend ......:(

@pengoo Pretty sure this is a pic of the extra parts bin from my recent Egress build - looks like you're ok with those extra ball bearings.

Egress Parts.jpg