Paynec81

2013 Egress

4 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Where from?  Tamiya USA at $822 is now sold out, so someone bought their stock up.

Got lucky and found one on eBay, bid and got it for £470 already has a backup agreed on £530 so was a result 

Really enjoying the build but rushing to get it down whilst I’m off work and around having a baby. End of day 2 

4FBB3180-4AC3-4764-B4CB-43189B010B5E.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paynec81 said:

Really enjoying the build but rushing to get it down whilst I’m off work and around having a baby. End of day 2 

O Superstock....nice

2 hours ago, Paynec81 said:

Shouldn't those be round pin tyres, not spikes? :huh:

17 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

Shouldn't those be round pin tyres, not spikes? :huh:

Yeah those are my spare running wheels and tyres (VQS tyres) also got a set for tarmac. Original wheels and tyres as well as the body and decals are staying in the box until she retires! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Paynec81 said:

Yeah those are my spare running wheels and tyres (VQS tyres) also got a set for tarmac. Original wheels and tyres as well as the body and decals are staying in the box until she retires! 

Phew! Thought someone had been pilfering bits from your box!

I finished painting mine today on my day off and have to say this is easily the best Tamiya kit I've ever built. I was a bit worried that I was going to be dissapointed as I've been wanting one of these since I first learnt about them (20 years ago for me) but I never wanted to pay the money for one... fortunately it has been worth every penny. All I keep thinking about is how insane it must have been to own one of these back in 89 when they originally came out, I bet those guys felt like kings :lol:

51063432662_1c3a7dd0d5_h.jpg

51063347311_64ba7ccb41_h.jpg

Just got to get another reciever now then I'll run it.

• Like 6

That looks mega! Is it a champagne sort of colour? 

+ I couldn't agree more, such an enjoyable build from start to finish! And driving it is such a pleasure. 

I forgot to post! Finished mine on Friday! It was such a great build! Also crashed and broke her on the first run!! 😅😂🥲

49EF094B-CDF9-424D-85D3-1D94CAB87E58.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich_8717 said:

I finished painting mine today on my day off and have to say this is easily the best Tamiya kit I've ever built. I was a bit worried that I was going to be dissapointed as I've been wanting one of these since I first learnt about them (20 years ago for me) but I never wanted to pay the money for one... fortunately it has been worth every penny. All I keep thinking about is how insane it must have been to own one of these back in 89 when they originally came out, I bet those guys felt like kings :lol:

Did you go box art ps12? Although the rere says bright silver. I did ps63 bright gun metal 

1 hour ago, Rich_8717 said:

How’s she driving? I had some issues with steering slop so got an upgraded server horn and also changed the toe out alight so the wheels pint slightly outwards and not straight

2 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

That looks mega! Is it a champagne sort of colour? 

+ I couldn't agree more, such an enjoyable build from start to finish! And driving it is such a pleasure. 

Thanks I'm really pleased with it and can't wait to see how it runs, hopefully it goes as well as it looks!

53 minutes ago, Paynec81 said:

Did you go box art ps12? Although the rere says bright silver. I did ps63 bright gun metal 

It's ps-52 champagne gold backed with bright silver and then black. In certain light it looks silver and in others it's very gold. I do usually go box art but because the re-re is slightly different to the original kit I wanted something a bit different but not by too much. I saw one in a showroom on here in this colour a while ago and decided that's what I was going to do. I flipped the wing endplates as I thought the black looked pretty cool and balanced the whole car out a bit better.

48 minutes ago, Paynec81 said:

How’s she driving? I had some issues with steering slop so got an upgraded server horn and also changed the toe out alight so the wheels pint slightly outwards and not straight

I've not driven it yet but I can see what you might be talking about as it does seem to have a bit of play in the steering. I'm not expecting it to have amazing performance as it's a 32 year old design but I'm still looking forward to trying it. I'm a big top force fan and have an evo spec runner so it will be interesting to compare it to that back to back.

love the gun metal ..I may get another shell and do a mix up of greys ...

20 minutes ago, Rich_8717 said:

Thanks I'm really pleased with it and can't wait to see how it runs, hopefully it goes as well as it looks!

It's ps-52 champagne gold backed with bright silver and then black. In certain light it looks silver and in others it's very gold. I do usually go box art but because the re-re is slightly different to the original kit I wanted something a bit different but not by too much. I saw one in a showroom on here in this colour a while ago and decided that's what I was going to do. I flipped the wing endplates as I thought the black looked pretty cool and balanced the whole car out a bit better.

I've not driven it yet but I can see what you might be talking about as it does seem to have a bit of play in the steering. I'm not expecting it to have amazing performance as it's a 32 year old design but I'm still looking forward to trying it. I'm a big top force fan and have an evo spec runner so it will be interesting to compare it to that back to back.

Yeah I mean this is me being picky and running on tarmac with tarmac tyres! I’m looking forward to getting the dirt wheels on and getting this on a dirt track and having a blast. I have the original shell, wheels, there’s and decals and will do a box art at some point. May also get another shell and do something completely different! Also got some pink avante black wheels on the way. The champagne looks great and wing really sets it off bud. You won’t be disappointed just don’t snap the rear trailing arm after 3 minutes like I did! Ahaha 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pengoo said:

love the gun metal ..I may get another shell and do a mix up of greys ...

Yeah I did the ps63 as I said and backed it with ps12. 

Finally got out and ran mine today, I have to say I think it's amazing, it runs incredibley smoothly, it's great fun and looks awesome as well. Unfortunatley I broke my evo almost straight away so couldn't really compare them back to back. I have driven the Top Force a lot though before and I honestly think the Egress might be more fun to drive, it seems to have a lot more front grip than the top force (both have the front one-way fitted) but then again it did have much better tyres on it for the surface I was on.

It has a bit of gravel rash now but I don't mind as it's what they were made for.

51097523970_ee0396217c_h.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Does ANYONE know when the Egress will be available?  I can't even find a pre-order anywhere.  Was the announcement of the Egress re-re total BS?

1 hour ago, A-Baum said:

Does ANYONE know when the Egress will be available?  I can't even find a pre-order anywhere.  Was the announcement of the Egress re-re total BS?

I got an email from Modelsport (UK) saying mine was pushed back until 1st August. I just cancelled it and picked up a 2013 nib on eBay for £25 more 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Paynec81 said:

I got an email from Modelsport (UK) saying mine was pushed back until 1st August. I just cancelled it and picked up a 2013 nib on eBay for £25 more 🤷🏻‍♂️

I see Modelsport has them listed for $459.  All the ones I can find on ebay are $800 USD.  Guess I'll try and wait it out.

29 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

I see Modelsport has them listed for $459.  All the ones I can find on ebay are $800 USD.  Guess I'll try and wait it out.

Ah ok UK is listed at £449 and I manages to get one for £475. Seen quite a few advertised here for less than £500. Sorry man 

If anyone wants any of the original blue turnbuckle adjusters (that are currently very hard to find) theres a NOS set on ebay right now, part number 50381. Nothing to do with me but I've been keeping an eye out for myself and have decided I prefer the black ones. 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rich_8717 said:

If anyone wants any of the original blue turnbuckle adjusters (that are currently very hard to find) theres a NOS set on ebay right now, part number 50381. Nothing to do with me but I've been keeping an eye out for myself and have decided I prefer the black ones. 👍

Thanks mate will have a look 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, Rich_8717 said:

Or try the tamiya super clodbuster F parts (probably just as hard to find now) but worth a look out for?

20181014_193644.jpg