Paynec81

2013 Egress

3 minutes ago, moffman said:

Or try the tamiya super clodbuster F parts (probably just as hard to find now) but worth a look out for?

I have been searching and never saw any...just tried again and managed to get a set £12! 😀

1 hour ago, Paynec81 said:

I have been searching and never saw any...just tried again and managed to get a set £12! 😀

Excellent patience pays off👍

I just placed a pre-order an Egress from my LHS - Aud $679.00.  This pre-order was just listed on their site today, so hopefully means the stock will hit soon. Maybe more parts will be available as well.  

EgressCapture.JPG

• Like 3

Well I checked today and the word is July or maybe even August before the Egress kits the shop. :(

Is even one of these kits coming to the US?  Nobody has a preorder. Nobody has any idea about a preorder.  This is ridiculous.

i got tired of waiting,..........so today the postman delivered this puppy.  

postman.jpg

• Like 4

I gave up waiting and found an ebay listing for a 2013 NIB Egress for USD 713 shipped from Australia. Went for it.

$822 msrp!!!  This new batch of Egress is carrying a hefty price increase.  

7 hours ago, Raman36 said:

$822 that's just short of £600 that is hefty😟 wonder how many people are up for paying that?

8 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Oh, hello!  Tamico have it listed at $430,20 for preorder. $822 is brutal! 

Pre order has increased here too from the £430 on got on the list with to £480.  They say the msrp is £535!

Not Happy the Avante is up too.  Tamiya now asking a mrsp of £515 with a real world price of £460.  Im tapping out!

Just picked one up at my local hobby store on Saturday here in MN.  VERY happy!

20 minutes ago, Gaoh X said:

Was it this rere or one they had hanging around?  What'd you pay?

Just now, A-Baum said:

Was it this rere or one they had hanging around?  What'd you pay?

This rere.......been on Tamiya USA's site for over a week now.  I usually just ask them to order me a kit when I see them become available and it shows up in a week or two.  

MAP (minimum advertised price) is $575 or so and depending on your relationship with your store, can be lower (mine was another percentage off since I get a decent amount of kits from them as of late after getting back into the hobby after many years).

2 minutes ago, Gaoh X said:

This rere.......been on Tamiya USA's site for over a week now.  I usually just ask them to order me a kit when I see them become available and it shows up in a week or two.  

MAP (minimum advertised price) is $575 or so and depending on your relationship with your store, can be lower (mine was another percentage off since I get a decent amount of kits from them as of late after getting back into the hobby after many years).

The Egress has been on Tamiya USA's site for months or maybe a year now at the preposterous $822 MSRP.  I just don't have a LHS and none of the big US sites have an Egress. Just makes no sense to me why Tower/Amain or others don't have them. And it's not like they aren't in stock, there's no pre-order/backorder available.

4 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

The Egress has been on Tamiya USA's site for months or maybe a year now at the preposterous $822 MSRP.  I just don't have a LHS and none of the big US sites have an Egress. Just makes no sense to me why Tower/Amain or others don't have them. And it's not like they aren't in stock, there's no pre-order/backorder available.

Sorry, what I should have stated is that it was truly available to order the last week meaning it can be on a hobby shop's PO.  In fact, the Top Force Evo is showing on POs now, so, orderable/shippable very, very soon (meaning the next week or so)....I get this info from them and it's always been spot on in the past.  Granted, yes, would love to use Tower's coupons, but the percentages I get off works out well enough in my case and bummer that your only option seems to be by mail order.

15 minutes ago, Gaoh X said:

Sorry, what I should have stated is that it was truly available to order the last week meaning it can be on a hobby shop's PO.  In fact, the Top Force Evo is showing on POs now, so, orderable/shippable very, very soon (meaning the next week or so)....I get this info from them and it's always been spot on in the past.  Granted, yes, would love to use Tower's coupons, but the percentages I get off works out well enough in my case and bummer that your only option seems to be by mail order.

Ahh ok, good info.  Do you know if your hobby shop ships within the US?

4 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

Ahh ok, good info.  Do you know if your hobby shop ships within the US?

Just sent you a message.....

Tower used to list Tamiya kits. Since being acquired by Horizon however they list the new kits and not re-releases. 

Even still however, $575 + tower coupon gets you to $480-$490 or so, that is steep.. considering a Turbo Optima can be had for $359 - $70! = $280

6 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Tower used to list Tamiya kits. Since being acquired by Horizon however they list the new kits and not re-releases. 

Even still however, $575 + tower coupon gets you to $480-$490 or so, that is steep.. considering a Turbo Optima cab me had for $320

They have reres. I’ve gotten quite a bit from them and for good prices with the premier coupons. 

What I’ve noticed with Tower is they do not get the refreshed stock of Tamiya reres that have already come out typically as of late.

So far the last several months or so, no Super Astute, Novafox, Fighting Buggy, Super Hotshot at Tower, but they are easily gotten through the local hobby shop......the Egress will be the same most likely.  In some other forum, not sure of the validity, but someone mentioned it’s about Tower/Horizon liking to establish an allocation of units up front and Tamiya handles that differently when refreshing rere stock as compared to a new rere like the Top Force Evo...but just seems to be lately more so.  

On the other hand, Tower has no problem with Kyosho rere restock as I just got my Turbo Optima Gold last week after waiting several  months.....give me a $75/$85 off coupon and I don’t mind waiting at all.....LOVE those coupons ;-)

28 minutes ago, Gaoh X said:

What I’ve noticed with Tower is they do not get the refreshed stock of Tamiya reres that have already come out typically as of late.

So far the last several months or so, no Super Astute, Novafox, Buggy Champ, Super Hotshot at Tower, but they are easily gotten through the local hobby shop......the Egress will be the same most likely.  In some other forum, not sure of the validity, but someone mentioned it’s about Tower/Horizon liking to establish an allocation of units up front and Tamiya handles that differently when refreshing rere stock as compared to a new rere like the Top Force Evo...but just seems to be lately more so.  

On the other hand, Tower has no problem with Kyosho rere restock as I just got my Turbo Optima Gold last week after waiting several  months.....give me a $75/$85 off coupon and I don’t mind waiting at all.....LOVE those coupons ;-)

You explained it better! Thank you.  

I waited a while for them to re-list the Fighting Buggy latest batch.. but didn’t happen 

6 hours ago, Gaoh X said:

Being US based myself I don't know what more amazing about that sentence, the fact you have a local hobby shop or the fact they had a Tamiya kit (or the fact they'd order one for you). j/k. Seriously, I'm happy you snagged one. :)

• Haha 2