Paynec81

2013 Egress

I did some further digging and spoke to my Tamiya crack dealer.  He said he could get me the kit for $475 + shipping.  Thats probably the best price I will be able to get.. its still a bit hard to digest.  The last time I spent that kind of $ on a tamiya kit was my TRF419X ($400) which I still race.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raman36 said:

I did some further digging and spoke to my Tamiya crack dealer.  He said he could get me the kit for $475 + shipping.  Thats probably the best price I will be able to get.. its still a bit hard to digest.  The last time I spent that kind of $ on a tamiya kit was my TRF419X ($400) which I still race.  

Welcome to Egress ownership, then! ;-)

So I did some digging and back in 2013, the Egress was $520 retail and you could pick one up for $320 or so! 

That is a crazy jump in price! 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 1:03 PM, Gaoh X said:

Just sent you a message.....

HUGE props to Gaoh for pointing me in the direction of a LHS in the US that had an Egress. Ordered it last week, showed up today. Under $600 shipped.  Wanted one so bad when I was a kid but they were way out of reach.  Still slightly out of reach at the prices I've been seeing on eBay and just under $600 is a lot to spend on a kit, but it's one of the last bucket list cars so what the badword. I even snuck the box past the wife as being part of our bathroom project.  

Thanks again Gaoh, a new member comes in hot and immediately helps me out.  Love this forum.

57324333-C6DA-4818-85D2-0626AF579F3C.jpeg

• Like 6

Took mine out tonight and it is FILTHY! Hope all you guys get one and enjoy it when you do! Gonna run mine over the summer and then get something else to abuse 

• Like 1

It's just a superb model only trumped by the avante......but I sometimes doubt that when I look at the egress?

20210705_225547.jpg

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, moffman said:

but I sometimes doubt that when I look at the egress?

The Avante is beautiful, but (in my humble opinion) the Egress is the pinnacle. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

The Avante is beautiful, but (in my humble opinion) the Egress is the pinnacle. 

You could be right! The avante is every bit stunning and when I look at the egress it just doesn't get any better?

1 hour ago, moffman said:

It's just a superb model only trumped by the avante......but I sometimes doubt that when I look at the egress?

20210705_225547.jpg

I'll be honest, if this shop had an Avante 2011 I probably would have grabbed that for $100 or so less.  You just can't beat the iconic Avante and its wheels.  But man....the egress is just pure sexy.  I'm not gonna build it for a while.  I have 3 NIB kits right now to save for the winter. 

Wow, you beat us too it!  ...glad you finally managed to get your Egress.   After the long wait, should be getting one next week but i won't hold my breath just incase.

In the Avante vs Egress question  I have an 1988 avante Im restoring.  It came without a body or rear wing.  Painted and Decaled up a new set.  The box art is killer,.... but then when fitting it to the car i could not believe how small the rear wing is? I mean its tiny and i did a double take, thinking it can't be right???   All these years i never realised, the Avante wing is way to small and out of proportion.   Therefore the Egress will be King on my shelf.

And for me there is one other car that's on the podium with the Egress and Avante, anyone else noticed the Egress Avante love child.

7 hours ago, Skrich said:

....Madcap

10a.jpg

See I put the Astute up there with the Egress/Avante, but not the Vanquish.  I don't know why, but it just never grabbed me.  I have a Super Astute I am building but will do Astute box art livery.

My last real bucket list kit is a King Cab.  But I only do NIB/unassembled kits so I'll be waiting for a rere if it ever comes.  There's one NIB on ebay asking $1500.  Just ridiculous.  Tamiya needs to get off their *** and rere that chassis. 

Know what you mean about the Vanquish, its just lacking something to stir the soul  The name change to VQS did not help.  

Good bucket list for the King Cab.   

I take it you grabbed an NIB EVO this year?

delete.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skrich said:

Know what you mean about the Vanquish, its just lacking something to stir the soul  The name change to VQS did not help.  

Good bucket list for the King Cab.   

I take it you grabbed an NIB EVO this year?

Nah I already have a Manta Ray and a Top Force.  I try not to duplicate chassis too much.  Top Force is close enough, plus the evo orginally came after I had gotten out of the hobby the first time so I don't have any nostalgic attachment to it.  The Egress and Avante on the other hand....I poured over those catalog pages more than the JCPenny women's underwear section.

So glad everything worked out well for you, A-Baum!

My Evo arrived yesterday now, also......not sure when I will start these (patience and spread them out a bit is the plan!), but cant wait to dig into them after I finish the Hotshot I am working on.

picsc.thumb.jpg.7f461ad9a228eb1ea6f31e196fc3fe80.jpg

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Gaoh X said:

So glad everything worked out well for you, A-Baum!

My Evo arrived yesterday now, also......not sure when I will start these (patience and spread them out a bit is the plan!), but cant wait to dig into them after I finish the Hotshot I am working on.

picsc.thumb.jpg.7f461ad9a228eb1ea6f31e196fc3fe80.jpg

I like this guy...he goes top shelf only.  Too bad he hoarded the Avante for himself and not his new tamiyaclub buddy :)

8 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

I like this guy...he goes top shelf only.  Too bad he hoarded the Avante for himself and not his new tamiyaclub buddy :)

Too funny......I'm making up for MANY years of wanting these things and having a blast to be back into the hobby after quite awhile.  If I find another one at a "proper" price, you'll be the first to know ;-)

Short story......when I decided to jump back in, I was going to buy an Avante Black Special from the LHS I noticed that they had online.  Went on a Sunday morn just after they opened and had not been in there for many years, and decided to walk around and check everything out first before going to the RC section.  The Black Special was no where in sight.  I asked and a guy was actually buying it at the cashier...DOH!   They could not order another one as stock was gone by then.....was a bit gutted.  They were able to get me that Avante 2011 still several months ago, so, "settled" for it and have not looked back...something about those wheels/everything!

• Like 1

My rc garage is now complete when the evo was released the 3 buggies (black special is the ultimate bonus) I could have only dreamt of these back in the day the topforce evo/evolution was originally released when mortgages and family life was in the forefront of my life so that just got an admirable glance when I seen it in mags and hobby shops 

20210706_211518.jpg

• Like 7

I know I'm going to get shot for this, but the Evo just doesn't sit in the same class as the Avante and Egress in my (limited) mind for some reason. The Evo is great and probably outperforms its processors but doesn't feel as exotic to me. Just personal opinion on my end and not meant to diminish the Evo for those that love them. 

• Like 1

Apparently the Egress kits were due to land in the UK around the 11th July so should hopefully be with retailers in the coming week! I have a kit on pre-order and can’t wait to pick it up. 

• Like 2

They've arrived in Canada already. Don't ask how I know :ph34r:

On 7/20/2021 at 6:30 AM, tim04 said:

Apparently the Egress kits were due to land in the UK around the 11th July so should hopefully be with retailers in the coming week! I have a kit on pre-order and can’t wait to pick it up. 

Just looking on various shop websites modelsport etc not looking for anything in particular and I noticed the egress is back in a few of the tamiya stockists! Don't suppose they will hang around for very long?

Just had email confirmation from my UK HS, me egress is in the post and arrives tomorrow :0)