Paynec81

2013 Egress

@EastWolfDownUnder the battery fits but to make it easier I removed the bumps that are on one side, this gives an extra couple of mm which makes it easier. The pack fits in very tight against the chassis towers though which just means a bit of wiggling needed! It's easier to get it in than out. On the plus side you don't need the battery holder that holds on with a clip as once sandwiched between two levels of chassis and chassis towers it's very secure!

Turns out, it might be a while before I get my kits.. next month if I'm lucky, it sounded like. :mellow:   

The distributors in the US are super slow in getting product. They try to place bulk orders from Tamiya to save on shipping. It’s really annoying. 

57 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

The distributors in the US are super slow in getting product. They try to place bulk orders from Tamiya to save on shipping. It’s really annoying. 

Yeah, sounds like it.  It's okay, I got plenty of other RC projects going on right now.  

On 9/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, GeeWings said:

@EastWolfDownUnder the battery fits but to make it easier I removed the bumps that are on one side, this gives an extra couple of mm which makes it easier. The pack fits in very tight against the chassis towers though which just means a bit of wiggling needed! It's easier to get it in than out. On the plus side you don't need the battery holder that holds on with a clip as once sandwiched between two levels of chassis and chassis towers it's very secure!

thank you @GeeWings..Sounds like you've struck it lucky with that fitment. I think the safest thing for me to do is to build the kit and then see what batts will fit... However during lockdown, I cannot be certain if there will be stock in my country at the time, or if I can even go into a hobby store to try them in the Egress. Let's call it first World problems =) 

@EastWolfDownUnder it’s certainly a bit of a puzzle finding the LiPo that will fit. But there was lots of help online, and here especially.

I think I ordered mine from Hearns Hobbies in Melbourne but I don’t know what the postage limitations are. Where are you?

7 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@EastWolfDownUnder it’s certainly a bit of a puzzle finding the LiPo that will fit. But there was lots of help online, and here especially.

I think I ordered mine from Hearns Hobbies in Melbourne but I don’t know what the postage limitations are. Where are you?

Hey Neighbour. New Zealand, over the ditch. There are some smaller skinnier 4000mah ones here.

Only driven once but I wanted to make it look a bit different. Need to get working on the body though. Not sure if I go box art or not...

IMG_20211003_205232__01.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 3:59 AM, Rb4276 said:

If you are just starting out with the egress i would use a superstock bz or rz as raman said and a hobbywing 1060 esc. You wont have to worry about anything  just plug and go basically. I ran a superstock bz in my avante black before going brushless and it is decent on 2s which is the same as the egress gearing wise. Eventually you will want to go faster i am sure, a 13.5/10.5 brushless is perfect for the egress. I run a reedy 10.5 s plus in my egress. It isnt super fast and uncontrollable. 

Hi there,

I'm trawling through this massive thread trying to find info on brushless & pinions. The above is helpful but can I ask.... is this while maintaining the stock 22T pinion? I am planning on using the Egress on smooth sealed surfaces - she won't ever hit the race track or dirt. Initially I will do the standard RZ brushed setup and then I'll move to brushless... can I just use 22T across all applications?  I have other stuff for jumps and crazy stuff.... just want a beautiful car park runner.

1 hour ago, EastWolfDownUnder said:

Hi there,

I'm trawling through this massive thread trying to find info on brushless & pinions. The above is helpful but can I ask.... is this while maintaining the stock 22T pinion? I am planning on using the Egress on smooth sealed surfaces - she won't ever hit the race track or dirt. Initially I will do the standard RZ brushed setup and then I'll move to brushless... can I just use 22T across all applications?  I have other stuff for jumps and crazy stuff.... just want a beautiful car park runner.

I ran my tamiya black avante which has the same gearing as my egress and ran a superstock bz. I was told the proper pinion gear was a 17t for the correct fdr. I now run a 22t pinion on both cars. One has a reedy 10.5 s plus and a hobbywing 10.5 v10 

1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

I ran my tamiya black avante which has the same gearing as my egress and ran a superstock bz. I was told the proper pinion gear was a 17t for the correct fdr. I now run a 22t pinion on both cars. One has a reedy 10.5 s plus and a hobbywing 10.5 v10 

OK thanks @Rb4276... so a 22T (stock) pinion on 10.5T - the gear boxes are still in good health?  I don't suppose they are the same mod size pinions as 1/10 Team Associated? I have a couple of those lying around.

46 minutes ago, EastWolfDownUnder said:

OK thanks @Rb4276... so a 22T (stock) pinion on 10.5T - the gear boxes are still in good health?  I don't suppose they are the same mod size pinions as 1/10 Team Associated? I have a couple of those lying around.

You need mod .6 pinion for the avante or egress. I actually use a 21t, sorry for the mix up. 

IMG_Nov182021at94327PM.png.1d6929434968fc7ebde92e408fe386ef.png

Did you guys know the Egress was officially discontinued?  I sure did not.    Glad I bought 2.. one to build (received in October), one for rainy day (delivery next week).

@Willy iine what's your plan for it? As I've said before I don't love the box art look on this one so took my design cues from my son (he loves the Cat). But I do have two spare shells and wings. I'm still not sure I will ever do full box art but I might do something close but with a darker body.

127732510_Egress404i.thumb.JPG.8b00bc2819eafbc781c4d29d7b439b9c.JPG

I've also started fitting a driver in mine now. Space is tight though!

• Like 4

Mine will be box art or box art with white body.. not sure.  I have PS white, silver, black so my choice is limited to white or silver.  

I got the blue parts on order thanks to @moffman

• Thanks 1

Finally orders and received my MCI decals. Body is done, need to do the wing next 

image.jpg

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Finally orders and received my MCI decals. Body is done, need to do the wing next 

image.jpg

What a beauty! Colour and decals looks so classy. :wub:

Thank you. It’s a very deep burgundy.. reminds me of my favourite libation, 😉

I wanted to do a whole theme of gold to match the steering uprights by anodising the parts.. but that would become expensive real fast 

On 12/27/2021 at 4:00 AM, Raman36 said:

image.jpg

Absolute stunner! I’ve said a few times I’m not a fan of the box art for the Egress but that done right it can look great. No better example of that than yours. Lovely stuff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Absolute stunner! I’ve said a few times I’m not a fan of the box art for the Egress but that done right it can look great. No better example of that than yours. Lovely stuff!

Thank you very much 

1 minute ago, Raman36 said:

Thank you very much 

My pleasure! It’s really made me think again about what to do with my spare shell. I’ve been thinking box art but with dark gun metal and clear windows but I do love the custom colour decals. 

For my SRBs I did them all box art. But the egress box art didn’t appeal to me. I liked the silver paint but not the decals colours. Most my other buggies are all bright colours as well. So for this one, I thought let me try wine colour. The decals were fun to make. MCI did a great job 

• Like 1

@Raman36 Nice rich and tasteful color scheme!

I'll be doing mine (at least one of them) box art.  I'd like mine to be easily identifiable as the iconic Egress when someone sees it in my collection of Willy's.. plus I think it looks great in silver or white base color with the flashy factory decals.

I hope Tamiya does a Comical Egress and I'd like to showcase them together.  :D   

• Like 1