Paynec81

2013 Egress

I received an email yesterday that my Egress had arrived; the Tamiya dealer is around a mile away at a small retail village so I picked it up this morning. Not sure whether to build it or wait...it's a good looking kit.

IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0709.jpeg

• Like 5

I’m seriously considering one but had been waiting for avante re re stock. I see they are being snapped up fast in the uk.

15 hours ago, tim04 said:

I received an email yesterday that my Egress had arrived; the Tamiya dealer is around a mile away at a small retail village so I picked it up this morning. Not sure whether to build it or wait...it's a good looking kit.

I bought my Egress mid of June and was in the same situation what to do with:

spacer.png

At the end, I decided to build the car and I did not regret it :)

spacer.png

• Like 6

Makes me want to buy another one! (Bought my first about 3 years ago)

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, tim04 said:

IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0709.jpeg

Definitely build it! I think is going to be a criminal offence if you buy a egress and don't build it.....penalty a ban on buying any other kit for up to 18 months (mind you the price of an egress probably can't afford to buy anymore kits for a while)

When I look at the prices of these 2013's NIB including shipping to NZ I think I'm just going to build one of my vintage ones.

15 hours ago, moffman said:

Definitely build it! I think is going to be a criminal offence if you buy a egress and don't build it.....penalty a ban on buying any other kit for up to 18 months (mind you the price of an egress probably can't afford to buy anymore kits for a while)

:ph34r: Umm, by when must we build such kit :P:rolleyes:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

:ph34r: Umm, by when must we build such kit :P:rolleyes:

Well it's a 2013 kit so it's already 8 years unbuilt (8 years OMG! Can't believe it's been that long since its original re-release😲) as soon as the culprit acquires the kit it has to be built the evidence pictures of built egress put on this forum👍 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, moffman said:

Well it's a 2013 kit so it's already 8 years unbuilt (8 years OMG! Can't believe it's been that long since its original re-release😲) as soon as the culprit acquires the kit it has to be built the evidence pictures of built egress put on this forum👍 

Hmm, seems I’m in a bit of trouble then :huh:;). I promise I will build it soon

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raman36 said:

The meeting of two legends 

5285586F-60ED-4776-B8EF-B8D857C44E54.jpeg

Is that a 993? I will end up with a 993 one day, just not now as they have tripled in price since I first decided to get one 12 years ago...

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Is that a 993? I will end up with a 993 one day, just not now as they have tripled in price since I first decided to get one 12 years ago...

It’s a 997. I bought it for my 50th! Right time too as prices were low. Now they’re going up like crazy.  I love 993s as well. Someday ! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Raman36 said:

It’s a 997. I bought it for my 50th! Right time too as prices were low. Now they’re going up like crazy.  I love 993s as well. Someday ! 

They're  all crazy now. I have also been following Lancer Evolution's, specifically 3 or 6.5. Should've bought the tired but standrad and complete 3 7 years ago for $10k...would've spent $15k on it and could sell it for $75k now. If this doesn't prove to be a bubble then it'll be a Mini 1275GT for me!

On 7/25/2021 at 3:31 AM, moffman said:

I think is going to be a criminal offence if you buy a egress and don't build it....

I kinda think it's equally criminal not to have a NIB Egress, which is why I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one of the '21 release so I could have both. Wonder how long before they do another run?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

They're  all crazy now. I have also been following Lancer Evolution's, specifically 3 or 6.5. Should've bought the tired but standrad and complete 3 7 years ago for $10k...would've spent $15k on it and could sell it for $75k now. If this doesn't prove to be a bubble then it'll be a Mini 1275GT for me!

Two big auto regrets for me; selling my 1275GT (which was my first car). I miss it and have thought about getting another but here in Oz they are rare and a silly price. The other regret is turning down a 930 which my friend had let me borrow for 6 months. He offered it to me dirt cheap and I turned it down. 

Actually there is a third regret; not grabbing a Z3 M Coupe (clown boot) when offered at a great price. 

Hmm, lesson learnt; impulse buying is the right thing to do!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zealot said:

I kinda think it's equally criminal not to have a NIB Egress, which is why I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one of the '21 release so I could have both. Wonder how long before they do another run?

I think we will see further runs of the egress over the years!  and I'll put money on some sort of new egress on the new TD4 chassis?

Received my 2013rere last Saturday and as I still have my 89 Egress I want  to make it look it slightly different. Wondering if those aluminium DF3 shocks will fit?

What are people doing about spares? I’ve seen a few hop ups and some nice Yeah Racing parts available on eBay, RCMart and other places but what are people doing when they get breakages? I had assumed 3D printed parts would be pretty readily available but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

For now, just stock up on some from Tamiya. Since there is a new run on these cars there shouldn’t be an issue on availability. 

Most common parts to break would be suspension arms, uprights.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:44 AM, Raman36 said:

For now, just stock up on some from Tamiya. Since there is a new run on these cars there shouldn’t be an issue on availability. 

Most common parts to break would be suspension arms, uprights.

Nice car, nice Egress.  :D  So you bought the Egress direct from TamiyaUSA?   

On 9/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, Willy iine said:

Nice car, nice Egress.  :D  So you bought the Egress direct from TamiyaUSA?   

Oh heck no, I’m not paying $822 to TamiyaUSA. I had the track owner where I race order it for me. He gave me a hefty break! 😉

• Like 1

Hi All, My Egress arrives next week in time for lockdown for me to stare at while I force my child to do school work. 

2 questions for a noob please.

(1) Ride height: I am keen to get my Egress sitting as low as this dude's one in the photo, or like my Associated carpet buggy.  Does anyone have any ideas of how to achieve this without the old "nitro tube in the shocks" trick?   I saw Tamiya Legends aim for the similar low-down look, but he points out that you lose suspension travel and any droop.    

Are there any softer springs suitable for Egress shocks, that would let the car sit nice and low? Ohhh maybe some Team Assoc ones?!  I am not going to race/jump my Egress but I just want it to have droop AND sit low, just like by carpet buggy.

Keen to hear from any other like minded low riders please.

(2) shorty pack Lipos. Will these fit with a little work? I'd be really keen to avoid buying more lipos and make use of my racing ones. Is there a maximum battery height allowance and some kind of additional brace to secure a shorty pack? on paper, mine is 25mm H x 96mm L x 46mm W

Thanks everyone.

Egress.jpg

IMG_20201029_023108.jpg

8 hours ago, EastWolfDownUnder said:

Hi All, My Egress arrives next week in time for lockdown for me to stare at while I force my child to do school work. 

2 questions for a noob please.

(1) Ride height: I am keen to get my Egress sitting as low as this dude's one in the photo, or like my Associated carpet buggy.  Does anyone have any ideas of how to achieve this without the old "nitro tube in the shocks" trick?   I saw Tamiya Legends aim for the similar low-down look, but he points out that you lose suspension travel and any droop.    

Are there any softer springs suitable for Egress shocks, that would let the car sit nice and low? Ohhh maybe some Team Assoc ones?!  I am not going to race/jump my Egress but I just want it to have droop AND sit low, just like by carpet buggy.

Keen to hear from any other like minded low riders please.

(2) shorty pack Lipos. Will these fit with a little work? I'd be really keen to avoid buying more lipos and make use of my racing ones. Is there a maximum battery height allowance and some kind of additional brace to secure a shorty pack? on paper, mine is 25mm H x 96mm L x 46mm W

Thanks everyone.

Egress.jpg

IMG_20201029_023108.jpg

The top pic is from @Mechanic AH he may be able to tell you. 

4 hours ago, JimmyMcGoose said:

The top pic is from @Mechanic AH he may be able to tell you. 

Ohhhh he's part of this forum?! cool. @Mechanic AH, if you could please share some light on dropping the ride height like your build, that would much appreciated. I was on the fence about buying an Egress until I watched your video! So cool.