Sign in to follow this  
100mega

Is the Frog always in "print"?

Hi all,

As I...pace out my R/C purchases over the year I wanted to see if anyone knows about the availability of the Frog as I'm sure many of you have been following releases longer than I have. Is it likely that I will be okay holding off on one of these for the first part of the year or do these releases dry up without too much notice? Any insight is appreciated!

Well, to be honest, its hard to say anything with absolute certainty in these times. Tamiya re-releases come and go. Some disappear fairly quickly, like the recent Terra Scorcher. Some stick around for a fair bit of time and others stick around for a long time. The Frog is in the latter group. The Frog, Grasshopper, Hornet and Lunch Box all came back in the mid 2000's (2005, specifically, in the Frog's case) and have been available since then. That's not to say Tamiya won't mystically discontinue it tomorrow. Nobody truly knows when it comes to Tamiya, but its still in stock in some stores. Tamiya USA is currently sold out but doesn't list it as discontinued. If I had to hazard a guess, the Frog's continued production would be one of the safer bets but in the end, nothing's concrete.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Well, to be honest, its hard to say anything with absolute certainty in these times. Tamiya re-releases come and go. Some disappear fairly quickly, like the recent Terra Scorcher. Some stick around for a fair bit of time and others stick around for a long time. The Frog is in the latter group. The Frog, Grasshopper, Hornet and Lunch Box all came back in the mid 2000's (2005, specifically, in the Frog's case) and have been available since then. That's not to say Tamiya won't mystically discontinue it tomorrow. Nobody truly knows when it comes to Tamiya, but its still in stock in some stores. Tamiya USA is currently sold out but doesn't list it as discontinued. If I had to hazard a guess, the Frog's continued production would be one of the safer bets but in the end, nothing's concrete.  

Exactly what I was looking for. I'll put my money on nabbing the Hotshot for now! :D 

2 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Where are you finding a hotshot in stock?

Preordered the upcoming release from Tower.

Sometimes this hobby requires you to be near genius level at man-maths 😀

• Haha 1

I love the frog. It was my First RC car. I even got won a second frog racing my thunder shot. I think I need to get the re re. But there are so many modern cars that are nice too. I hope it always stays in print. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Exit13 said:

I love the frog. It was my First RC car. I even got won a second frog racing my thunder shot. I think I need to get the re re. But there are so many modern cars that are nice too. I hope it always stays in print. 

I've yet to have my own, but the wild design definitely has me convinced that it will join my collection. I think I'll have to go with box art too when I eventually get it. It just looks so iconic!

48 minutes ago, 100mega said:

I've yet to have my own, but the wild design definitely has me convinced that it will join my collection. I think I'll have to go with box art too when I eventually get it. It just looks so iconic!

I’ll be looking forward to seeing some pics. I agree on box art. It’s mad iconic.