Fabia130vRS

The M - Chassis TOPIC

Besides the MF-01x that just received the GF-01 TR portals I’ve posted about, I’ve had my M-03 Mini for 16 years now and have always found it to be a blast to drive, unless it was running a Sidewinder ESC and 4600kV combo on 3s, then it was scary😶

It’s been sitting for a while, but here it is in it’s most recent iteration, with an HPI body and tires on Tamiya wheels and using RPM light buckets for the head, driving, and fog lights, all of which are from E-Flite, I has also conferred to the uprights and carriers from an M-05 at that time and found the worked great on the M-03. It had been running the above Castle set up but may dial it back to a 3800& Sidewinder SCT combo next and stay 2s.

The M-05 front uprights and carriers

20120207_163636.jpg

The “current” revision that needs to be brought back.

20120210_175014.jpg
20120210_175118.jpg

20120210_175045.jpg

Here it is when it was on 3s

And with the above set up

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I have had this TA05 MFour sitting in the shed for a couple of years, I was thinking of putting a Kamtec 959 shell and MCI decals on it, has anyone had any experience if this will fit, will need to change the wheels up to suit as well.

IMG_5313.JPG

IMG_5317.JPG

• Like 6

Dont know about the camtec but whats your Wheel Base?

I today installed some body post, body holder?? Instead of clips.
Touring car style.

QpAubwi.jpg

dDGXQUu.jpg
5Ubr90q.jpg

• Like 4

I have an m-05 with a mazda mx5 body, only run it 2 times then the gears get stuck of small pebbles that found a way in to the gearbox, I used some silicone sealent now and today I put the car back together.

The car has cva mini shocks, carbon fiber shock towers, alloy front chubs and knuckles, cvd's and carbon steering rack,alloy motor plate and there is a 3900kv motor in it.

I like the car, the only thing with this fwd cars they eat tires and then I am gentle on the throthle.

50047069166_60cedab819_k.jpg

50901329777_91872f6a48_k.jpg

50901329682_87d4fe770b_k.jpg

50901329712_d29f601117_k.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Room335 said:

Looks great @dannymulder. Is that one of the Tamiya greens, and did you use a backing color? Thanks

It is tamiya ps-17 green, for the backing color I used white.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My M06 Miata. Built it with bearings and later added some cheap oil filled shocks and a Sport Tuned motor. I trashed the body at a track so I bought an Exotek Porsche body so it'll look good on the shelf once I get it painted. 

20200922_112812.jpg

• Like 3

I had these rims and slicks they are from a kit TB04 Eneos Lexus. Very hard rims. Slicks are kinda worn but lets shred em,

looking good ok the Silvia

5Mydszm.jpg

svuKGZ3.jpg
n47ykps.jpg

DKUWyQg.jpg

also a set of white 5 spokes. These I got with my FF03.

AXqu94A.jpg

• Like 4

So for my M05RA has these parts on order.

51426 Skid plate lexan parts

51427 Rally Blobck tires 60D

51665  M chassis 11 Spoke rims (black) 

from Tamico.

tamiya-chassisschutz-set-vorn-m-05ra-514

from RCMART (still with shipping cheaper then anywhere else!)

tam-51427-2-800x800_0.jpg

tamiya-51665-3-800x800_0.jpg

:D 

0dJic20.jpg

• Like 5

Here is my M-06 Renault Alpine - one of my favourite shells:

2019-07-10_11-29-15

It is far too pretty to risk on the track, so when in use my M-06 wears this instead:

2019-03-12_01-06-42

And here is a (fuzzy) photo of the chassis that lies beneath: (I have clearer photos, but they aren't up-to-date, showing the chassis without its hop-ups and brushless motor.)

2021-02-04_12-55-45

Most of the hop-ups are plain to see. In fact, apart from the bearings and steel pinion, they are all visible in the above photo. As with my M-05, they are focussed on steering slop reduction and motor cooling.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Here is my M-06 Renault Alpine - one of my favourite shells:

2019-07-10_11-29-15

It is far too pretty to risk on the track, so when in use my M-06 wears this instead:

2019-03-12_01-06-42

And here is a (fuzzy) photo of the chassis that lies beneath: (I have clearer photos, but they aren't up-to-date, showing the chassis without its hop-ups and brushless motor.)

2021-02-04_12-55-45

Most of the hop-ups are plain to see. In fact, apart from the bearings and steel pinion, they are all visible in the above photo. As with my M-05, they are focussed on steering slop reduction and motor cooling.

That Alpine is just DDG. It’s a real classic car. Still looks good even after all these years

• Like 1

I love m chassis's I would go as far as to say that they are a modern classic. I got into them late with the M05 and would like to get some of the older ones but they are really hard to find.

I have just managed to get my M06 running very well and handling like a dream as this one is a hand full of not dialled in but mine is great now. 

It has been nice to see others on here and some of them are really nice and shows how versatile they can be. If you haven't already tried one, I  would say go for it. 

As they come in the kit they are really nippy but when you pop in a faster motor they don't half come a live, I have a M07 with a 10bl60 ESC paired with a speed Passion 10.5t motor. I use a 2c lipo battery as well as a few more hop ups and handles like it's on rails, it's also very fast and can turn on a 2p piece. 

Once you have a go you will be hooked.

• Like 4

I too am a firm believer in the virtues of the M-07, as well as its RWD sibling. Both are very well-made, with all the setup options one could need, and are excellent performers. Here are mine:

2020-08-31_02-57-48

And with their lids on:

2020-08-31_02-53-47

Both are running 13.5t motors and much the same selection of hop-ups. I have yet to race either of them on proper tracks thanks to the Coronapocalypse, but judging by their performance in the postal racing, they have winning potential. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I too am a firm believer in the virtues of the M-07, as well as its RWD sibling. Both are very well-made, with all the setup options one could need, and are excellent performers. Here are mine:

2020-08-31_02-57-48

And with their lids on:

2020-08-31_02-53-47

Both are running 13.5t motors and much the same selection of hop-ups. I have yet to race either of them on proper tracks thanks to the Coronapocalypse, but judging by their performance in the postal racing, they have winning potential. 

Nice really nice.

It just also happend I bought a same Red Fiat 500 Body of ebay today. So I said its also red, but not just that. The body goes on the M05RA for the postal race :D a small builD up on the 500’s Cup

Are there side mirror sets for this body seperate anywhere?

Its a bit used but very well done, probably XB. Now I have two Tamiya Fiats I need the 58444 and a complete circle. 

This thread was giving me serious FOMO, so I took the plunge with an M-08 as my initiation into the M-Club. Anyone have experience with hop-ups 54982 or 54983? These are carbon reinforced parts, including the C-hubs which some have mentioned as a weak point. Also wondering if there’s a sweet spot for the wheelbase, so I can start looking for shells. Thanks in advance!

5DE7BE5C-06DB-49BA-A23C-0054E29E5CD3.jpeg

EB8F0C86-90AA-4BBE-8230-DB70DA5E472F.jpeg

I built my M-08 stock out the box and has been great so far 👍🏻  
My C hubs haven’t failed yet on 2s Sport Tuned (that’s probably just jinxed it!!)

Put Some S-grip tyres on the rear and M-grip tyres on the front and your good to go 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

My M-08 with a Phat Bodies Mini shell..

F814B11D-E573-4FE1-9452-AF1144CFF787.jpg

Just can’t get enough of this thing 😁

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Its a bit used but very well done, probably XB. Now I have two Tamiya Fiats I need the 58444 and a complete circle. 

Tamico seem fond of selling bodyshell accessories separately from the shells themselves. That would be the first place I'd look. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Tamico seem fond of selling bodyshell accessories separately from the shells themselves. That would be the first place I'd look. 

18 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

TonysTamiyaParts975 on eBay likes to do that too, somewhat infuriating sometimes :D

• Thanks 1

Thinking about getting an M chassis at some point because I love Minis so much, I had 3 in my 20’s. The last of which I turbo charged, it was awesome. The nearest I have to an M chassis atm is this TA02 /M03 hybrid 😀

AE9C3B9A-76A0-4AC8-BFD2-96F890B77616.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Decided to leave them clear. Orderd also a set of clear protection foil cut out to M05 dimensions. :D 

0CvzUrr.jpg

cY2tDCs.jpg

0jNaeAS.jpg

Hay where did you get them from?