Fabia130vRS

The M - Chassis TOPIC

9 hours ago, Room335 said:

This thread was giving me serious FOMO, so I took the plunge with an M-08 as my initiation into the M-Club. Anyone have experience with hop-ups 54982 or 54983? These are carbon reinforced parts, including the C-hubs which some have mentioned as a weak point. Also wondering if there’s a sweet spot for the wheelbase, so I can start looking for shells. Thanks in advance!

5DE7BE5C-06DB-49BA-A23C-0054E29E5CD3.jpeg

EB8F0C86-90AA-4BBE-8230-DB70DA5E472F.jpeg

The carbon reinforced C-hubs would be stronger than the stock items, but an even stronger fix for this known weak point would be to use the 0 degree items from the M-07, and get your caster from the front lower arm mount instead. I went this route with mine, and it hasn't broken anything on the front end. The sprue is still worth getting for the rear uprights though - I broke a stock one on my first outing, but have had no further issues after switching to carbon.

The carbon-reinforced steering rack pieces are a great idea as the stock plastic ones are a bit soft, and the machined alloy ones have poor tolerances compared to the moulded parts. Unless you go aftermarket, the best M-08 steering setup appears to be the carbon reinforced arms combined with the alloy bridge. Or you could ditch the whole lot and fit a Yeah Racing ballraced alloy rack instead.

The carbon reinforced gearbox, chassis upper braces and rear gearbox brace are also worth fitting as they are stiffer than stock and this appears to benefit the handling, but I prefer the standard battery "wings" as their flexibility means that they are more resilient in a crash. I also prefer the carbon weave body mount support as this is stronger than the carbon reinforced moulding. (Of course the gearbox brace is also available  from Yeah Racing in alloy, where it doubles as a fan mount.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DayRider said:

Hay where did you get them from?

Thank you for asking.
Skidplates and body mounts Tamico, the lower transparent stickers are from a ebay.com seller from mexico. Costing at 10$ is not really cheap. But once received I will scan them and manufacture locally for myself as I have another M05 so I might do that one in carbon. :D  

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 10:12 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

M02 (Porsche Boxster body):

IMG-20201002-232900.jpg

M06 (undecided on the body):

IMG_20201205_025324.jpg

M07 (VW Golf body):

IMG-20201009-010910.jpg

M08 (Mazda MX5 body):

IMG-20200911-204212.jpg

MF01X (will end up with a Lancia Delta body):

IMG-20201213-002611.jpg

I know, I know, I am SOOOO far behind in finishing up bodies LOL.

You’ll have to stretch it a bit for a Delta body?

Here is my MF-01X:

2021-02-06_02-43-39

2021-02-06_02-42-36

All the electronics are waterproof, all the bearings are rubber sealed, all the gearbox joints are grease sealed, so it is able to be used in all weathers without issue. 

The rear suspension issue was solved with a couple of long ball links installed as below:

2019-12-23_05-42-23

It wears a Jimny shell painted black:

2021-02-06_02-46-21

A spare wheel is mounted on the back:

2021-02-06_02-47-36

It tows a small all-terrain caravan:

2019-08-01_10-44-51

• Like 5

The long ball studs for the rear uprights is how the MF-01x chassis should have come from the factory!

1 hour ago, BJoe76 said:

The long ball studs for the rear uprights is how the MF-01x chassis should have come from the factory!

Agreed. It is such a simple fix for such an obvious issue. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Agreed. It is such a simple fix for such an obvious issue. 

Yup, I had them laying around after converting my M-03 over to M-05 front knuckles and uprights when I discovered that problem. I was even about ready to try the smaller Traxxas ends with the offset pivot balls from the Revo before I remembered I still had them.

Just bought a Fiat Abarth Berlina Corse 1000TCR manual for the M02. To go along my build Abarth.

I bought it on Ebay.de (Kleinanzeigen), wow has Germany a lot of those 1000TCR for sale. Really I saw like two M02 Abarths and like 5 body shells.

so heads up if somebody is looking for them.

could be necessary to communicate in german... 

• Like 1

Only 2 M chassis cars in my collection

M05 Monte Carlo

49787080683_2edb52f442_k.jpg

And a Sakura M4 Sport

50128724676_2e22260c67_k.jpg

• Like 10

On 2/5/2021 at 3:34 PM, Busdriver said:

You’ll have to stretch it a bit for a Delta body?

No, it's a 225mm M-chassis Delta body.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

No, it's a 225mm M-chassis Delta body.

Oh I see thought you meant the Tamiya one

• Like 1

adding to my last post, picked up a Kamtec body and some MCI decals and it looks like it will be a pretty good fit, will need thicker hex adapters to fill the arches out properly.

now to study problemchilds paint job's in the build section 

Tamiya M Four 959.HEIC

Edited by OOZZEE
  • Like 1

49841529783_f6f5a0a091_b.jpg

There’s some really good minis here. Makes me want one! I’ve started getting in to m chassis cars. Since building MF01X  Rally Beetle I got M05RA Citroen 2CV, Golf & Renault 5 Turbo.

• Like 10

M01S

KofC2kJ.jpg

Lu96vTX.jpg

M01S (2)

6CVoAvo.jpg

RHXKxOe.jpg

M02M

LLsPuuz.jpg

Trf4mAe.jpg

M02L

KisxxS9.jpg

c8B17i3.jpg

M03s

fP8NSjC.jpg

Adq955l.jpg

M04M

PYUl8yS.jpg

HGX6wIG.jpg

M05M

NxBRgQf.jpg

NoycWUm.jpg

M06S

tuv6bdY.jpg

nqqg6ib.jpg

M07M

CqxzYYv.jpg

M08M

psZmNpP.jpg

drNhYTP.jpg

TA05 M-Four

0Kmlqkx.jpg

MF-01X

IgeDBjJ.jpg

• Like 9

That’s just a ridiculous amount of M Chassis’s @berman, you must be getting tight for parking spaces for all of  them, lucky I’ve got plenty of room for some 👍🏻 Just saying 😉

I like ‘Hotshot’ type front damper on the M01 & 2’s that’s pretty funky. I’ve never seen those before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love Mini.  I wish Tamiya would finally re-RE the Mini Cooper but as a previous poster noted, the license with BMW expired.  I post my mini builds and Memes on Instagram @MchassisRC .  Here are some mini related ones 😅

17098A14-0E50-44D2-BE47-367EE993DFF4.jpeg

50933E35-0C30-43E6-9587-30643DEED8A8.jpeg

5DE7E644-3297-4273-9AE0-3F3695791043.jpeg

2211E6E3-A7FB-401F-AC2D-164EA10774CA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

I’d love to see the Mini Cooper back, same with the modern 500 Abarth........that said, if they wanted to do a Chevy Bolt EV and Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, I’d be down for those too😉😁👍

Thanks @berman for confirming that if I ever really want to do the replica of my wife's Mini that I had planned, I need an M01 or M02! D'oh!

Oh, and fantastic M chassis collection BTW.

Love your photo @No Slack, especially that tax disc!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

That’s just a ridiculous amount of M Chassis’s @berman, you must be getting tight for parking spaces for all of  them, lucky I’ve got plenty of room for some 👍🏻 Just saying 😉

I like ‘Hotshot’ type front damper on the M01 & 2’s that’s pretty funky. I’ve never seen those before. 

Surprisingly it is getting hard to find room! And yet I am still tempted by more! There is 5 m-chassis kits at my LHS, and I already want most of those! The M01/2 is very unique, the extra springs for the arms, how the chassis bolts together, it's pretty cool.

13 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Been waiting for you @berman to post your stuff, very impressive

Haha thanks Kym, still so much more to do/finish, but much appreciated mate 😁

12 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks @berman for confirming that if I ever really want to do the replica of my wife's Mini that I had planned, I need an M01 or M02! D'oh!

Oh, and fantastic M chassis collection BTW.

Thank you BC! As above, awesome to look at, bit fragile to run though. Thanks!

Every car above is a project, still a LOT to do on each one, some more than others, trying to find parts and the time to finish them. I just chucked these outside to get some quick pics, but I plan on taking some more pics once (if) they are finished and adding them to my showroom.

There was more pics for the post above, but I am have trouble uploading the last them to Imgur, have been trying since I posted above. ☹

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 2:52 PM, TurnipJF said:

Then there is this RWD 4WS M-03 racing teapot:

2019-03-25_09-39-23

2019-05-25_06-05-58

2019-05-25_06-06-41

Short and stout ! Just like the song says 

• Haha 1

I only have one M06 chassis with a Mazda MX5 body.

I’d like to get one of the FWD chassis with the BittyDesigns “unlicensed” replica of the current Gen Civic to replicate my 1:1 ‘17 turbo Sport 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

I only have one M06 chassis with a Mazda MX5 body.

I’d like to get one of the FWD chassis with the BittyDesigns “unlicensed” replica of the current Gen Civic to replicate my 1:1 ‘17 turbo Sport 

How do you like the M06? The M05 is a great little chassis and there are some great deals to be had, but if you can stretch to a M07 you will not regret it.