Fabia130vRS

The M - Chassis TOPIC

Hi, waiting for parts before I start building my M05, yeah racing steering is there anything I should be aware of ? Does it definitely need shimming or is it pot look as to fit?

thanks 

It allows for bump steer adjustment through spacers under the outer ball links, but said spacers are not included with the steering set. Not a problem if you have a stock of them, but if not, you may want to get some. I seem to recall using 2mm spacers on mine. Without them, the track rods are not parallel with the wishbones.

1 minute ago, TurnipJF said:

It allows for bump street adjustment through spacers under the outer ball links, but said spacers are not included with the steering set. Not a problem if you have a stock of them, but if not, you may want to get some. I seem to recall using 2mm spacers on mine.

I've got some 3mm washers that I normally do it with so I'll try them thanks 

Hi, one last quick question , as access to the gears on the m05 is difficult is there any need to fit the hardened gear set if I've no plans to run anything above 27/25t silver can or 22.5t brushless, I always run a steel pinion, is it good sense or overkill to fit it?

thanks 

thanks 

4 hours ago, nicksincrc said:

Hi, one last quick question , as access to the gears on the m05 is difficult is there any need to fit the hardened gear set if I've no plans to run anything above 27/25t silver can or 22.5t brushless, I always run a steel pinion, is it good sense or overkill to fit it?

thanks 

thanks 

Mine is still on its original gears after a couple of years on 13.5t, so I think you'll be fine.

(I also run a steel pinion, which probably helped as there is no grey grinding paste in my gearbox.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just random, but since I pulled it out to show Re-Bugged here you go.. 

Dusty yes.. not sure if it even runs anymore.  

IMG_Sep122021at101811AM.jpg.07dcf7f54e7d67b44d597cc7c9aeae8d.jpg

• Like 4

Well it was a 1:1 I’d say it might not run. But since it’s a 1/12 I’d bet it will run with no issues.. just needs a battery 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a M06 chassis in the box..... It has a HW 1060 ESC, Tamiya Sport Tuned motor,  And a Mazda Miata MX-5 body with custom all black wheels for it as well.... When I get started on it will post pics

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 1:59 AM, Willy iine said:

Just send it to me mate and I’ll let you know if it still runs as I know your very busy 😉

Looking forward to mine arriving, I keep looking at lots of pictures of 1:1’s for paint scheme ideas but somehow Italian cars just look so good in red, as if it’s some unwritten universal law or something. 

• Haha 2

On 9/13/2021 at 3:59 AM, Willy iine said:

That's a weird looking Olive drab...

• Haha 3

On 9/13/2021 at 3:59 AM, Willy iine said:

I missed this earlier, that's real pretty. 😎

• Thanks 1

Always loved that Alfa body. Currently out of stock around here, but since I do not own an RWD M-Chassis yet (still hoping for an M-08R to be released... please, Tamiya!!! :wub:), I'm not in a rush. Unlike Tamiya themselves (but not unlike many of you), I'm sticking to reality, and put FWD bodies on FWD cars, and RWD on RWD only. Well except I didn't reasearch the Toyota Yaris GR... so I bought that for the M-07R as a racing shell, not realising the real car is 4WD... :o

• Like 2

@hIghQ I'm with you on not running FWD chassis on RWD cars like the Miata.  I'm a 1:1 car guy and that entire concept is just wrong.  :lol:

For 4WD, I recommend the TOP Sabre Mini's if you can find them (I posted mine a few pages back), or XM1 Competition which I have yet to build..

I also own a M-Four which is a fun car with my brushless setup, but dang is it hard to set up this car (to keep up with say my Sabre) due to the odd sized motor and battery.. but it's a fun special car for sure and I love it for causal driving. 

IMG_May142021at94419AM.jpg.79b460115c397017cf10be6465544095.jpg

• Like 1

I have a stash of the Alfa bodies. I hoard them.. my avatar should explain enough. 

As far as M chassis are concerned, I keep rwd bodies on rwd chassis. Front wheel drives are not allowed in my house. 🤣

• Haha 3

In real life I don't own 1:1 FWD cars either.   I hate them.  AWD and RWD for me.  

I only hoard Mini bodies.. :D  my little stack on the left..

IMG_Sep62021at65043PM.thumb.jpg.e7568ca6e7ddda006765c9674a38afb8.jpg

• Like 1

So finished and managed a quick 10 min test and it was so much fun, it was cold and maybe damp, but I noticed that the stock tyres lack a little grip,fine for messing around, what do people use the tamiya super tyres when a bit more grip is a required or will these wear in a bit ?

IMG_20211001_141031.jpg

IMG_20211001_140554.jpg

IMG_20211001_140645.jpg

• Like 4

@nicksincrc  Nice MX5.  That is a M05, correct?  The front tires will spin if you get on the throttle, it's just the nature of the car unless you are running on very high traction surface.  Mine does the same (I run Mini Cooper bodies with PitShimzu tires which grip well on certain surfaces).

I prefer 4WD m-chassis for this reason. 

On 9/20/2021 at 3:36 AM, Willy iine said:

@hIghQ I'm with you on not running FWD chassis on RWD cars like the Miata.  I'm a 1:1 car guy and that entire concept is just wrong.  :lol:

So I should not point out you have a bunch of Turbo City's that Tamiya has made RWD? 😄

I am on my 2nd round with the M-chassis range, I will need another M07 and M08 to complete the numerical set (then maybe another Mf01x and M-four, who knows..) so this body may possibly go on a M08 chassis, but not sure what will go on top of this chassis to replace it. But I could also get 3rds of some chassis, as Tamiya still have some body sets I want...

Still have more to do... Going to fit some CVAs today, (then I will chop the body posts) and make some light covers for the headlights, as I think Tamiya got the lights wrong and they look stupid. But this is how it sits so far... 

tW8ia9a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raman36 said:

S grips on all 4 corners are recommended 

3 hours ago, Raman36 said:

S grips on all 4 corners are recommended 

Guess I'll have to get some at some point then, so expensive though, how do the soft wear on the rear?

1 hour ago, berman said:

😄

tW8ia9a.jpg

Wheels look good mate👍

• Like 1