Fabia130vRS

The M - Chassis TOPIC

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

The next instalment of my M chassis journey has just started in the Builds sections. The M07 Concept/Mugen CRX combo. Now as most of you will know the Concept comes with wheels but no tyres. So my question is what is the best tyre combination for this chassis. Should I use Super Grips on the front and Medium on the rear? I have a set of Shimizu medium compound ( I think) tyres but I think they may be a little low profile for the CRX. I like these tyres they are quite grippy on tarmac. I run them on my M05 Mini Clubman. I know M chassis tyres are a bit of a ……… as they are complex and relatively expensive!! I have looked at the threads regarding the tyres but I still get a little confused?

I went with #50683 on my M07R when I built it (the R also comes with wheels but no tyres). They work well on smooth surfaces, look quite cool, and were cheap!

• Like 1

Painting the wheels for indoor races (full-size Schumacher minipins on +2 offset rims).

To my surprise the wheels were far from equilbrated (spinning the wheels by hand was enough to cause the chassis to vibrate) so I tried to even the balance somewhat, using small bits of copper wire.

20220929_222229.jpg

20220929_222243.jpg

• Thanks 1

Quite happy with the final look, mixing retro and modern. Can't wait for the local races to start 😛

20220930_180952.jpg

20220930_181011.jpg

20220930_181116.jpg

• Like 10

On 2/1/2021 at 2:50 PM, TurnipJF said:

Not all of my M-chassis cars are oddballs. For example there is my M-03 Mini Cooper Monte Carlo:

2019-10-07_10-57-42

The Monte Carlo shell is purely for display, but it also has a runner/race shell:

2020-03-28_02-27-44

The chassis bears a couple of upgrades in the form of oil dampers, a heatsink/counterweight, alloy hexes, a Sport Tuned motor, M-05 battery holders and of course bearings and a steel pinion.

2021-02-03_11-33-43

Please excuse the messy wiring in the photo - it has been subsequently tidied.

M-03 owners will no doubt be all too familiar with the wear that occurs to the bottom leading edge of the chassis which is not protected by the bumper. I fitted a polycarbonate skid plate to avoid this:

2021-02-03_11-41-36

NO EXCUSE!!!! 😜🤣😂😅🤪

Keith, Sir you are BANNED, and must surrender that car to me... IMMEDIATELY! 😵😉😚

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2021 at 2:15 PM, SupraChrgd82 said:

M08
EA422052-9B6D-4387-863B-8A6623317F43.jpeg

M08

119BCEFA-156F-41E9-A774-C53E6C1D769E.jpeg

ERMAGHERD!!!! The paint on that Karmann is STUNNING!😍 👌 

And the 510.... always my favorite boxy Japanese Saloon Car!! (nod to my English brethren) Just superb!

• Like 1

Here's my M05... only one of my M-Chassis Cars that's fully assembled ATM!! 😵

IMG_20221005_133051.thumb.jpg.f5549d021f0c75ccf11475c46ab81e65.jpg

... as soon as I can figure out WHY I can't insert Imgur links to add photos, I'll add more. The Internet and I are NOT getting along today! 😒 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Carmine A said:

Here's my M05... only one of my M-Chassis Cars that's fully assembled ATM!! 😵

IMG_20221005_133051.thumb.jpg.f5549d021f0c75ccf11475c46ab81e65.jpg

... as soon as I can figure out WHY I can't insert Imgur links to add photos, I'll add more. The Internet and I are NOT getting along today! 😒 

On Imgur (desktop site not mobile) I take the "BBCode" link for any image, then here when wanting to insert a pic I click "Insert other media" -> "Insert image from URL"

I then paste in the link from Imgur and remove the bits from each side of the link.

There's probably an easier way - but I've not found it!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

On Imgur (desktop site not mobile) I take the "BBCode" link for any image, then here when wanting to insert a pic I click "Insert other media" -> "Insert image from URL"

I then paste in the link from Imgur and remove the bits from each side of the link.

There's probably an easier way - but I've not found it!

I've tried everything under the sun!! 😭🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Could you give me an example of what you enter looks like? I've tried Imgur, Flickr, Amazon Photos, Google Photos, Instagram, and 7 other hosting apps that I installed, FAILED, and uninstalled! 😵😵💫☹️

I only have Android Mobile at the time....

For a very small annual fee you can subscribe to our main site then you will get access to TCPHOTOS which I think is great. Unlimited uploads and easy to use. If I can use it anyone can (🦕 )

• Like 1

I have two M04L bodies, Honda S2000 and the BMW Z3, can these still fit M08 chassis or should I keep waiting for a decent M04L or maybe just sell them ... 

5 hours ago, TenzoR said:

I have two M04L bodies, Honda S2000 and the BMW Z3, can these still fit M08 chassis or should I keep waiting for a decent M04L or maybe just sell them ... 

The thing with the M08 is it pretty much has one option for body mounts, and from memory both those bodies have pre punched holes for the mounts and antennas, so you could be drilling extra holes if they don't fit.

Hate to be a seagull, but if you decide to sell the S2000 body, I might know a guy... 🤩

• Haha 1

Never driven an M Chassis. How does it drive in comparison to the regular touring car size in terms of fun and simplicity in handling? 

35 minutes ago, CKU87 said:

Never driven an M Chassis. How does it drive in comparison to the regular touring car size in terms of fun and simplicity in handling? 

I have an MF-01X, compared to the TT-01 that I had the M-series is MUCH more twitchier and zippy, it has a slightly higher COG and the wheelbase is shorter. The M-series seem to bottom out less on rough roads compared to TTs (at least compared to my TT-01).
They're fun to drive even without upgrades or quick motors, just have a good receiver on hand!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CKU87 said:

I have several 4WD (dual CF deck) m-chassis and those drive like miniature touring cars.. and they are fast too.   The fun part is that I can drive them in smaller space where as touring cars require a fairly large area to get the most out of them.  This is why I don't do touring cars at the moment.. 

I think I posted a couple pictures several pages back if you want to check them out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 2:25 PM, Carmine A said:

I only have Android Mobile at the time....

Android is far easier than desktop. 

Long press on the picture, select the first popup icon. *

301FQJI.jpg

It will say:

"Copy to clipboard:

https://i.imgur.com/****.jpg" 

This popup is too fast for me to screenshot. 

Come here, type as you will and when you want to insert the picture, long press on where you want it to go and select paste. Wait a sec or two and the picture will appear (usually). 

* If the copy to clipboard thing don't appear, or play around with the 4 icons to get the right one. Usually it is the first one, but even if it is not, it seem to shift your last selection to the front. 

Things are slightly different for multiple uploads, go to the upload, but do not go into the individual pictures but long press on the one you need in the list instead. 

tApT88C.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CKU87 said:

I am only a basher and I love my M-chassis, I got a M-05Ra, M-06 and a MF-01X to be built. However, my favourite MTC (that what the M-chassis are called) are not Tamiya M-chassis at all but a MST TCR-M and 3R's MG Evo and M4. I was so impressed by the MG Evo that I got one for my daughter for her first "real" car build. 

17 hours ago, berman said:

The thing with the M08 is it pretty much has one option for body mounts, and from memory both those bodies have pre punched holes for the mounts and antennas, so you could be drilling extra holes if they don't fit.

Hate to be a seagull, but if you decide to sell the S2000 body, I might know a guy... 🤩

I had thought  all M bodies was pre-drilled so just assumed they should all fit. 

14 minutes ago, TenzoR said:

I had thought  all M bodies was pre-drilled so just assumed they should all fit. 

Ahhhhh, but that's NOT the "Tamiya Way"! 😵😲🙄

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I have several 4WD (dual CF deck) m-chassis and those drive like miniature touring cars.. and they are fast too.   The fun part is that I can drive them in smaller space where as touring cars require a fairly large area to get the most out of them.  This is why I don't do touring cars at the moment..

Considering the season at this time it wouldn't hurt to have an M-Series just to drive around in doors.

3 hours ago, TenzoR said:

Unfortunately not. Nearly all have the front mount on each chassis are inline with the front axle, but there is 2-3 options for spacing of the rear mounts on m chassis cars. Kitset bodies have pre drilled holes, but the (#47×××) lightweight bodies and now some of the bodysets (#51×××) don't have pre drilled holes. 

The M08 only has one option for the rear mounts, (if you use the mount stabilisers) which correlates to which wheelbase you decide to use.

Measure the distance of the holes on each body and I will let you know if they fit an M08.

Otherwise you can acquire an M04 👍 

• Like 1