Fabia130vRS

The M - Chassis TOPIC

27 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

He seemed to leave us after there was some spat about the main site's photo competition.

I was thinking just the other day. It seems a shame. I think he got the wrong end of the stick, or missed that there was wider discussion in which, while there were some posts that disagreed with him, he also received a lot of support and respect. I might look into whether I can DM him on instagram or something (dunno how that works, I'm a social media luddite). Personally I think he's incredibly talented/dedicated and this place richer for his posts. 

• Like 3

It's funny,  but I thought about him the other day that it's been a while since I saw something from him. I checked and he has not been here since end of January. It's a real shame. His knowledge and also point of view on things can really brighten up the day. With tons of hope B) I hope he finds the way back to us.

• Like 3

I don't know - he seemed to be more of a Kyosho man to me, rather than Tamiya, and a bit repetitive in his posts. But the world would be very boring if we all behaved and thought the same!

It's a shame when anyone gets the wrong end of the stick and leaves a community because of it though.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

I was thinking just the other day. It seems a shame. I think he got the wrong end of the stick, or missed that there was wider discussion in which, while there were some posts that disagreed with him, he also received a lot of support and respect. I might look into whether I can DM him on instagram or something (dunno how that works, I'm a social media luddite). Personally I think he's incredibly talented/dedicated and this place richer for his posts. 

You can definitely DM on Instagram.

Without trying to derail the thread to much this was Willy’s last post before disappearing into IG fame when he hooked up with some big names (and old friends I believe) 

It was nice seeing what he produced in huge quantities, but I wouldn’t hold your breath for him coming back here, he doesn’t strike me as the sort of person to go backwards. 

9 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

You can definitely DM on Instagram.

I DM's him a while ago on instagram, he never responded. 

15 hours ago, Raman36 said:

I DM's him a while ago on instagram, he never responded. 

I know he had his DM option on here turned off, so maybe he is following the same setup on Insta, no idea.

To me, he was friendly and supportive (which goes for a whole bunch of people still on here - hats off to you!).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimBear said:

I know he had his DM option on here turned off, so maybe he is following the same setup on Insta, no idea.

To me, he was friendly and supportive (which goes for a whole bunch of people still on here - hats off to you!).

I like him a lot and got along with him quite well.  I messaged on IG yesterday and told him we miss him.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2024 at 9:57 AM, Twinfan said:

a bit repetitive in his posts. 

I think with Willy the repetition of the theme became the art itself. If Warhol has just done one Monroe no one would have cared. 😄

In all seriousness it's a shame if he's gone. We seem to have lost some good contributors to small spats or disagreements. Lifes too short to argue about things online and its definitely too short to argue about toy cars.

I'm off to stick a cartoon cat into a quick drive!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

I'm off to stick a cartoon cat into a quick drive!

Made my day brighter. :)