Sign in to follow this  
markbt73

Lots of work to do

It's been thirteen and a half years since I first joined Tamiyaclub, one lazy afternoon at work. I've been posting on the forums here off and on ever since, but never took the jump to paid subscriber... until now. I've been struggling with finding a good photo-hosting site, and having exhausted the free options, finally came to the realization that I was going to have to pay for something. So why not make it the hobby site I visit most frequently, have the longest history with, and has given me so much entertainment and information over the years?

And it feels good to finally be a "full member." It's kind of like finally deciding to make a donation to PBS after many years of watching This Old House for free. It's the right thing to do, even if a little late in coming.

Now, however, comes the hard part: photographing and cataloguing a collection of models that is ten times the size it was when I joined. It's a good excuse to get everything cleaned up and take a good "school portrait" of each car, and it will be nice to have everything in one place, but man, it's going to take forever. I had thought about going back and re-hosting the photos I used to have on Flickr onto TCphotos and fixing the links, but I'm not sure I have the stamina or patience for that. Best to just call this a new start, I think.

I also should update my bio on the main site; it's the same as it originally was in 2007. I did change it last night from Los Angeles to Portland... I mean, we only just moved here 12 years ago. ;)

Thanks to @netsmithUK and to all the members who make this such a great community. Please pardon our dust while we move in...

• Like 10

Don't worry, you are not alone! I am a paid member and still haven't updated my showroom with half our cars...... :D

My kids are now complaining, so I need to sort them out. It is so time consuming waiting for nice weather and prepping cars for photo shoots, especially our mucky buggies after months of dirt bashing/running/racing. I'm still pulling grass from my sink after the last round of cleaning...:angry:

• Like 2

I’m exactly the same @markbt73

Subscribed with similar intentions to 2 years ago - and my Showroom is still empty 🙄

I feel good doing my bit for TC coffers though - and recently gave myself a robust talking to about Lockdown being the perfect chance to fix 😂

I doubt I'll get around to listing every car I have. But I'm starting to make a finer distinction between runners and shelfers (though the concept of a "shelfer" was completely alien to me when I first joined) and I'd like to have a nice record of the shelfers at least, and the "settled" runners (cars I don't tinker with, and just drive as-is). That's about 20 cars total, so not too daunting.

The current game plan is to get two good photos of everything - one action shot, basically just enough to show the vehicle in motion, and one good static shot, after it's been all cleaned up. I'm generally a terrible photographer, so we'll have to see how it goes...

• Like 1