Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Stadium Blitzer, Stadium Thunder 3 deg toe in rear uprights

http://shpws.me/RSRT

Forgot i did these. These rear uprights replace the kit parts on the following kits, original or rerelease:

Tamiya Stadium Blitzer

Tamiya Stadium Thunder

Tamiya Blitzer Beetle

They introduce 3 degrees of toe in for stabilisation of the rear end on turn in and greater traction on exit. They are not compatible with the fixed plastic upper arms, they require camber links with ball connectors. 

The inboard camber link hole is same as the kit. The other hole lengthens the link and lowers the roll centre for more traction at the expense of more body roll. 

There is a 4.5mm spacer inside each bore should be cut out on the sprues and cleaned up. This can be placed in front or behind the upright when mounting to the suspension arm to adjust the wheelbase. I suggest placing it in front to start with. This maintains the wheelbase around the kit setting. If you want a shorter wheelbase, put the spacer behind the uprights. Make sure the spacer is in the same position on both sides of the buggy.

Uses 2 x 1150 (5x11x4) bearings in each upright. You will need to clean out the bearing bores with an exacto knife just to make the shoulder edge in the housing sharp. They are tight fitting, but that is on purpose to make sure they stay put.

The camber link ball nut should be installed using a M3 x 12 cap head screw. The ball nuts you need are any of the following type (you need one nut per upright)

Tamiya 9804206 steel ball nuts

Tamiya 53640 aluminium ball nuts

Tamiya 9808012 steel ball nuts

Or any other Tamiya 5mm ball nut.

Clean out the 3mm holes with a 3mm drill or 3.05mm reamer.

710x528_31687164_16608864_1590317906.jpg

• Like 4