Lukas666

STEERING BACKWARDS???

I googled this last night and couldn’t find a definitive answer. Just finished my Hornet Re release build all except the body so decided to fire it up and take it for a rip in the basement to adjust as needed. First off the steering is backward ie: left is right and right is left. No the controller is all set to “Normal” not reverse. Plugging in the servo connector the other way to the esc does nothing, literally so isn’t that. Looked at the Savox servo and confirmed I installed that right because it’s offset and can only be installed one way. I’m using a Futaba 2.4GHz. I also use this controller with my Lunchbox and it works great and decided to use it for the Hornet also and just purchase another receiver R203Gf. Everything linked up fine. The guy at the store said this will work fine only thing you might have to do is link it each time to the vehicle you choose to use..... that doesn’t seem to be the case tho as I don’t need to do that it links to whichever is on. No I haven’t tried both at once that would be foolish. I’m thinking it has to be an issue with that??? Any insight please? Or is it a crap servo maybe? When it is running correct in “rev” servo on controller your constantly adjusting it anyway and doesn’t drive real straight at all.

F2CE57E8-8144-44FE-873A-86C5AABAA930.jpeg

there should be a servo reverse function on the transmitter, just flick it and all will be right with your steering.

Yes everything is as it should when I flick the “rev” switch on the controller but why is it like this??? I have a Savox servo in the lunchbox that runs as it should in the “normal” position. No I didn’t try another servo the only other one I have is in the lunchbox.

All servos are different, possibly due to how they are made, which is why they have a channel reverse switch. I have got half of mine in normal, half in reverse. There will be nothing wrong with your servo, is the lunchbox servo fitted the same way as this one, or is it turned over 180 degrees with the steering arms at the top.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Matty36 said:

All servos are different, possibly due to how they are made, which is why they have a channel reverse switch. I have got half of mine in normal, half in reverse. There will be nothing wrong with your servo, is the lunchbox servo fitted the same way as this one, or is it turned over 180 degrees with the steering arms at the top.

Good point I’d have to look but yeah makes sense. This is the lunchbox servo... offset to the right as well but at an angle, weird.

E1810BEF-A871-4931-9702-CCAE86ECCA2E.png

Regards the "normal"  position of the radio switch. I would not worry about that. Just look at it as position 1 or 2.

You’re driving you car backwards...

JK, it how some servos are wired internally. No big deal, it why your Tx has a switch. 

Terry