simalarion

My wife just said she would leave me if i bought 1 more kit

3 minutes ago, simalarion said:

I am not quite getting what you are writing there. But the Joke is a play with words, Wife say i will leave you if you buy 1 kit more, ok then it must be  very safe to buy 3 right (the answear should be obvious)... Ofc itst not, that was the intentention, did not think i had to explain it :)

unnamed.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

unnamed.png

Hahahahahahhahahaha 

but we can’t make jokes about the size of females anything as we will offend people 

JJ 

p.s. turn around turn around hahaahaha

• Haha 2

Is that at known meme guys?, im googling like crazy to get it @Superluminal  joke went straight over my head and i do not like it a bit. Im getting old though, just turned 46 ..

edit:

No wait that is predator is it not?, that is actually from my childhood :)

• Like 1

It’s a scene from predator 

When poncho makes a joke to billy and he doesn’t get it and has to explain 

JJ

• Like 1

Yes, remember the scene now. I should know this, i saw this movie a bunch of time growing up.. jeeez that was embarrassing.. 

• Haha 1

Film needs banning as its derogatory to aliens - making out they are all psycho killers who skin US special ops teams who stray the wrong side of the border :)

it’s still one of the best arnie movies of all time

predator

running man 

total recall 

JJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was also a fan of Terminator 1 back in the days, i do not know how it holds up now, maybe that is exaclty what i should to for the rest of the evning, if my wife approve, i will trye :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Isnt the original joke just a similar play on the "heres one, take my wife......no go on, take her" (but imagine it in black country accent in a smokey club in the 70s)

That's actually a Henny Youngman line, who rather fittingly was born in...wait for it...London! :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simalarion said:

I was also a fan of Terminator 1 back in the days, i do not know how it holds up now, maybe that is exaclty what i should to for the rest of the evning, if my wife approve, i will trye :)

It holds up perfectly. Its a very very good film. 

1 minute ago, Room335 said:

That's actually a Henny Youngman line, who rather fittingly was born in...wait for it...London! :lol:

No way!!!!! Fo sho????

I can’t believe you’ve not watched these movies - I probably watch predator every couple of months ;)

JJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, so now we're waaaaaaaaaay off topic, but yes, Predator is one of the all time great Arnie movies, and in my top 10 movies of all time.

• Like 1

Predator 1 is also one of my favourite films :) 

......although that is not saying much as I have a rather eclectic mix of favourite films ranging from 'A Good Year' and 'The Holiday' to 'Alien' and 'Battleship:D

and yes I know Battleship is bit cheesy but it has a real 80's feel good factor to it (even though it was made in 2012!) and my kids love it too, we must have watched that at least 10 times!

I think it is the soundtrack that makes it. My kids were brought up on rock music and indeed when youngest mudlet was just a baby the only way we could get her to sleep was to leave a CD of Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Def Leppard or Bon Jovi playing in her room - and no I'm not joking, we tried all sorts including those annoying childrens music mix things but she always went to sleep perfectly to rock music! :)

• Like 2

Just going to leave this here :D

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Schrodinger's Joke

Schrodinger's Joke

"A joke which is both funny and not funny at the same time but there is no way of knowing if anyone else will laugh at it until you have told it... But by then it's too late and you will either look like an idiot or a comedy genius.

(After telling a joke) I wasn't sure if you'd get that, it was a bit of a schrodinger's joke."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, OCD said:

Schrodinger's Joke

Reminds me a little bit of my favourite joke, which is not a Schrodinger's Joke but something along the same lines

A man walks into a bakers and says "I'd like a loaf of bread please"

The baker says "Sure, brown or white?"

And the man says "It doesn't matter, I've got my bike outside"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

Reminds me a little bit of my favourite joke, which is not a Schrodinger's Joke but something along the same lines

A man walks into a bakers and says "I'd like a loaf of bread please"

The baker says "Sure, brown or white?"

And the man says "It doesn't matter, I've got my bike outside"

that literally made me roar with laughter - thanks @Mad Ax :D

Come to think off it one obvious question here would be if anyone here had/have a girlfriend/wife that enjoy (or got into) RC Cars?, this weekend my wife actually showed some intererest in Driving Top-Force, she had a moment there while i played with our daughters in the snow :). Im thinking it would be great if she wanted her own RC Car (Egress!), and my daughters wantet Pink Wild Willys!!(my 5year only showed vague interes in Agrios and she is just getting the hang off controlling it), but who am i kidding «I have a dream!» :), would be great to have s common thing that all enjoy...

Edit: The 5year old also got a inndoor RC Mario Car from Santa that she wanted, that was good starter practise i think. Only problem is that she is constantly bashing it into her sisters Legs to make her run for it, oh well..,

• Like 3

5 hours ago, simalarion said:

Come to think off it one obvious question here would be if anyone here had/have a girlfriend/wife that enjoy (or got into) RC Cars?

I've known a few people who had wives/girlfriends who were into RC as much as they were.  In fact when one friend went through a messy divorce she took half the RC stuff, including the Knight Hauler and tanker trailer <_<

I tried to get my wife into RC but she isn't interested.  I bought her a used M03 Mini Cooper Racing a few years back when she had her own 1:1 Mini, she had a lot of fun painting it in the same colours and was really proud of her work (she loves to paint and create and now runs a hand-made craft business) but was never interested in driving it.  Once during heavy snow I persuaded her to come outside and drive my scalers with me but she wasn't really enjoying it.

My wife has taken me into her hobbies a few times (last year we went caving with our 3 year old) and she introduced me to some caving friends who got me into climbing before the pandemic put a stop to it (arguably if I was big into climbing I would have kept up with it but it was too hard to arrange more beginner-friendly climbs with all the social distancing and limited travel restrictions).  Again, if I was a more experienced caver we could keep on caving during the pandemic (at least where two-person expeditions are safe) but as I've only been once it would be too risky.

I really hope my daughter enjoys playing with her Outback Mini-X, she's 4 tomorrow so still very young for it but with the buddy cable I should be able to get her started.  She's got really good at using her Android tablet that she got for Christmas and she can navigate the menus in her Kiddizoom camera better than I can, she just needs practice to correlate the stick movement with car movement.  She'll get there.  I made some gates to go on her FS-i6 stick transmitter birthday present, so left stick only goes up and down and right stick only goes left and right.  (I have to wrap that up tonight, along with the purple shell I painted for her Mini-X.)

I really love the idea that she'll eventually get into racing and want to come with me when I go away - that way I get to have a weekend of racing but also do my duty and give my wife some time to herself, bonus all round.  She's already got some toy cars that she likes to drive around and Duplo for building things with, so she's heading in the right direction, but we must be careful not to live our own dreams through our children.  She loves princesses, fairies, unicorns and rainbows too, so there's every chance I'll spend some of my race weekends watching ballet practice instead.  And I expect she'll get every opportunity to go caving and climbing - with that many hobby opportunities there's no telling what she'll want to do.

• Like 1

@Mad Ax - Very simillar story from my life actually with few exetpions, my wife si so dug into her work as a scientist that she has barely any time for anything else (execpt the Kids ofc). I believe its a dead end trying to get her into RC so the litle interest she shows is for more for my sympathi  than any thing else i believe :), but i will continue to bring my RC cars on our Picnics etc and we will see, what i really would love that i never tried myself is to bring the hole family to a RC Club with a course and trye that out, but with such a Vague interest so far that is not a good idea, but maybe as you also hope i can eventually get one off my daugters into it so alteast we could go togheter, but with a family at hand i cant start going alone :). 

My first daughter (she is 18 now so a huge gap to the others which are 2 and 5)  was into Dancing and Kick Boxing but both faded and what is left is Social media stuff, what i share with her is Mindcraft and other Computer games. But i will let her Try Agrios next time she visit as she is not living in my/our apartment anymore, but i do not have high hopes hehe.

Good Luck with Same project as mine mate!, cross fingers :)

• Like 3

As we've previously established, my wife isn't interested in my hobby at all, but she's very supportive of it, which is lovely. I wonder sometimes though, if I'd actually want her to be interested or not - part of me thinks it's good to have something that's "yours" that you don't share with your family. So you have an "escape" or outlet that no one else effects? We do have some common interests that we enjoy together, but we both have our own things too, which I kinda think is healthy.

We were never able to have any children sadly, but I was blessed with a nephew when I was just turning 20 so I got to share a lot of my toys, rc cars etc with him (hence how he ended up with my Astute which I managed to get back in a very roundabout way a couple of years ago) and then that progressed to 1:1 cars and so I gave him my mk2 golf gti. More recently some friends of ours had a little boy who is now 3, and I've become his best mate. I maintain it's because we have the same mental age now - we both love cars, robots, cartoons and find great interest in our poo's. :) I've taken him out in the garage a few times to look at my rc cars and his just stands there mouth open in awe :P Same thing happens when he comes into my study and sees my Transformer and Gundam collection, which is dangerous as it's hard to explain "no you can't play with that robot because it's worth about £400" to a 3 year old, so I've bought him a few of his own that are more hardwearing and have flashy lights and sounds (very important as I'm sure you understand) - to which his reply was "Joh, it is so coool!"

We got him a radio controlled Thomas the Tank Engine (other tank engines are available) a while back and he has just learnt his left and right and can do a reasonable job of controlling it, so maybe a little rc will be on the cards for him soon. :) 

Right - I'm off to watch Grizzly and the Lemmings.....

• Like 3