simalarion

My wife just said she would leave me if i bought 1 more kit

@jonboy1 - i have a Classic (4horsmen-handpainted) Collection of He-Man master of the Univierse that i have to keep my 2 youngest daughters (in a gallaxy) far far away from :), i bought them to display them in a Hobbyroom, but i have no room so they are stored in the basement at the moment. 

My 5 years old watch Grizzly and the Lemmings :), and a bunch of other stuff i could do without some off them bieng Dora, Daniel the Tiger and hopefully the youngest is done with Teletubies and Dreamgarden soon ... 

• Like 1

My wife IS interested in RC but has little time for it as an adjunct university professor ( all the hours but in of tenured salaried prof, with a fraction o the compensation).

That said, she specifically wanted an indoor 1/24 crawler for Christmas ( and got one ) and she considers the G6-01 Bus “hers” even though I drive more often than she. 

• Like 1

I like the idea more and more that she could have her own car and we could drive togheter on our litle picnics with the kids, im also quite sure she does not like the ide as much as i do... but as i wrote earlier im working on it :)

Nope - the missus isn’t interested but feigns it when i come running in all excited and holding the thing I’ve just built :)

JJ

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

Nope - the missus isn’t interested but feigns it when i come running in all excited and holding the thing I’ve just built :)

JJ

My wife was doing that with me for years with static models and “custom” 1/64 die casts before I started building RC kits. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

My wife was doing that with me for years with static models and “custom” 1/64 die casts before I started building RC kits. 

Because they love us 

just like we listen to their gossip and crazy dreams because we love them too 

JJ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Once I start talking about buying another kit my wife said,

”Aren’t you happy with what you’ve got already?”

”Quite the contrary” I said “I’m more than happy at the moment, now I’m going for ecstatic” 😁

So far to date she’s taken a kit box to the LHS to make sure she got the right servo, without me knowing. She’s also bought me a Wild One and a Futaba 3PV Tx, plus other bits and bobs. She also likes to be ‘consulted’ on various paint job ideas as she is a genius with colour.

I nearly lost her once because to a Kidney infection and an incompetent Dr, thank goodness for the brilliant nurse on duty at the time. It was without doubt the worst day of my life sitting helpless at her bedside that day.

Still, we will have been married 25 years this month and she still sends me head over heals the same way now as she did the first time I saw her on a kibbutz in Israel.

I often think she the one that could have done better than me. 😉

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It took me five pages of this discussion to realize that it's pretty much thanks to my wife that I got back into RC.

I stumbled upon the Hornet on Ebay, and tormented my butt over it for over one year with the typical questions until one day she just came to me with something like "Dude, really?? Just get it already! It'll make you happy" and boy she was right.

She also expresses (ehm should I say "fakes"?)  enthusiasm every time I show her something RC related, which I appreciate quite a lot. She's not into RC herself for now, but I'm devising plans to lure her in someday, somehow. I know that a shiny purple shell and a driver figure with female features would help, so I don't give up hope ;)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ferruz said:

I know that a shiny purple shell and a driver figure with female features would help, so I don't give up hope ;)

That is so terribly sexist!  Or, wait, it is very progressive and inclusive?  I'm not sure any more, I can't keep up.

(in all seriousness I wish there were more options for driver figures, Helmet Guy is fine since he can be whatever you want, but if it's not him it's got to be Cowboy Dude or Middle American Man, and unless you paint them as Default Caucasian Male they never look right)

14 hours ago, AndyjcClod said:

What car are you getting next?

Whichever one will make his wife leave.  Or stay.  Or that his daughter likes.  What was this thread about again?

• Haha 5

My wife want to go to a cabin trip this winter vacation and she told me it would be 100 gbp a night, and without thinking first (which often is my problem) i said: «Seriously!, you know thats like 1 Rc kit gor each night!», She immediatly got tha look saying i should go to the naughty corner and sit there to re-think my priorities, i better agree to order a hop-up cabin now to get out off this :(

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, simalarion said:

She immediatly got tha look saying i should go to the naughty corner and sit there to re-think my priorities

this strikes me as terribly abusive behaviour and completely disrespectful of your needs as an equal in the partnership

;) 

(PS you meant it as a joke, right..?) 

1 hour ago, Mad Ax said:

That is so terribly sexist!  Or, wait, it is very progressive and inclusive?  I'm not sure any more, I can't keep up.

(in all seriousness I wish there were more options for driver figures, Helmet Guy is fine since he can be whatever you want, but if it's not him it's got to be Cowboy Dude or Middle American Man, and unless you paint them as Default Caucasian Male they never look right)

Burt Reynolds begs to disagree!! 

IMG_0931
1 hour ago, Mad Ax said:

Whichever one will make his wife leave.  Or stay.  Or that his daughter likes.  What was this thread about again?

Oh you didn't go there........ya did, ya really did 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

@Mad Axhmm this is a true story, but ofc i did not have to go to the naughty corner that is a funny way to write that i immediatly knew you can not compare RC kits with going to a cabin trip with the familly (thats common sense), reason for my reaction was the price of each night, this is going to cost!. But i am on her side on this, i must start to think before i compare things.... 

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2021 at 5:08 AM, Mad Ax said:
On 2/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, Ferruz said:

I know that a shiny purple shell and a driver figure with female features would help, so I don't give up hope ;)

That is so terribly sexist!  Or, wait, it is very progressive and inclusive? 

Oh no! I forgot to specify that these were not my own assumptions, but my wife's actual words. She said that purple shell and female driver would make her interested, guess I should let her know she's a walking stereotype 😂

About the limited options when it comes to driver figures: when Tamiya lets you down, creativity is your friend. While Cowboy Dude, with his very specific features, may only be able to span between Tough Country Guy and Hillbilly Queen, we sure have more options with Helmet Guy. For instance, I would scalp a Barbie doll and add the precious hair to the back of the helmet. Pair that with painting some killer eyelashes and the right makeup, and you get a bombshell female driver... or not??

Screenshot-20210213-100401-Gallery.jpg

Come to think of it, this face would make for quite a "handsome" woman no matter the amount of makeup! :lol:

...but than again... who said that a woman has to be necessarily long haired and pretty? That's quite a prejudice and very sexist in itself, isn't it.. 

It's a thin line between appropriate and offensive. The more you spin your wheels, the deeper you sink in the quicksand of the politically correct.

Enough of this! I'm going to put aside all guilt and just chuck some frippin' Skeletor driver in my next car.

20210213-122159.jpg

• Haha 2

Haha Skeletor Driver!. I got s lot off them handpainted by the 4 horsmen (MOTU Classic). Now i have no hobbyroom to display them in and it goes without saying that wife dont want them in livingroom :).

what about Battle Teela driver!

0AD01720-6317-44A8-BE7F-8E55279277AE.jpeg

33 minutes ago, simalarion said:

what about Battle Teela driver!

Amazing! 😀

• Like 1