Sign in to follow this  
Dakratfink

USA "Football Sunday "sale

Right after I buy a new to me wheelie tractor on ebay,Tamiya USA goes and has a big sale. Sigh.

Seriously though , a few deals to be had. 

• Like 1

Good looking out dakrat. I just ordered this up. I hope is a good kit 

Ta1VCpT.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Exit13 said:

Good looking out dakrat. I just ordered this up. I hope is a good kit 

Ta1VCpT.jpg

If I hadnt just bought my Wr-02 Kumamon tractor, I would be joining you. The GF-01 is a fun platform I've seen a lot of good reviews of the Land Cruiser version you just ordered up. Hope you enjoy it it!

• Like 1

Yeah. They kinda bungled the launch, but hey thats tamiyausa for ya. Will be interesting to see what actually gets posted on the 9th. I grabbed a second WT-01n.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, isomer1 said:

Yeah. They kinda bungled the launch, but hey thats tamiyausa for ya. Will be interesting to see what actually gets posted on the 9th. I grabbed a second WT-01n.

I would love to see an Agrios on sale. I don’t see those things selling anywhere except tamiyausa.

• Like 1

I'm waiting to see the Dynahead. The VQS isn't really my style, but I imagine it will be popular if its a decent discount. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, isomer1 said:

I'm waiting to see the Dynahead. The VQS isn't really my style, but I imagine it will be popular if its a decent discount. 

Keep watch on Tower too. They had 25% off the Dynahead last week (20% if not a super saver member).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

hmm, not updated today.

I keep checking obsessively. "Maybe at midnight", "Maybe at 6am", "Maybe at 10am" ... 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

hmm, not updated today.

I’m curious to see how big of a discount they put on the Dynahead. 

23 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

I’m curious to see how big of a discount they put on the Dynahead. 

I bet that and the VQS get a lot of interest, but I can't see them undercutting Tower + Coupon. I don't remember them putting items on sale until they were unavailable at all the US shops.

33 minutes ago, jdh6fan said:

Now the VQS shows "temporarily out of stock".  Hasn't even been on sale yet.  

I think they just labeled the slow selling products as an "expanded sale" to create a stir. No real intention of a markdown. :wacko:

From the sale page

"The EXPANDED SALE ON THE BELOW ITEMS BEGINS 2/10/21 Apologies for the DELAY. We have been experiencing some pricing data transfer hiccups. We are working to resolve the issue ASAP."

• Like 1

Pretty sad with tamiyausa, i saw the vqs out of stock now lol. Tower had a 25% off sale yesterday. They had the Ultima re re listed, meanwhile it was out of stock before the sale. I was going to buy one for $210

1 hour ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I think they just labeled the slow selling products as an "expanded sale" to create a stir. No real intention of a markdown. :wacko:

The vqs is available everywhere, it is def not selling well esp for the price they want. 

44 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Pretty sad with tamiyausa, i saw the vqs out of stock now lol. Tower had a 25% off sale yesterday. They had the Ultima re re listed, meanwhile it was out of stock before the sale. I was going to buy one for $210

Tower has had some really good sales the last couple months. I hope they keep it up. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

Im just interested to see the "discount" on the super astute:wacko:

I just ordered the Super Astute for $273. Certainly more expensive that it was when Tower had it back in the day, but cheaper than anywhere else I've seen it (...ebay). 

29 minutes ago, msgimartin said:

I just ordered the Super Astute for $273. Certainly more expensive that it was when Tower had it back in the day, but cheaper than anywhere else I've seen it (...ebay). 

That is the same “sale” price they had it priced at before they shut down for the new year to do inventory. 

36 minutes ago, msgimartin said:

5 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

That is the same “sale” price they had it priced at before they shut down for the new year to do inventory. well.

I have a SA now i would get another but that still is more than im willing to pay for a backup. Oh well.

8 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

That is the same “sale” price they had it priced at before they shut down for the new year to do inventory. 

As a matter of fact, it's actually a dollar more than it was in December, you're right! I'd been going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger, and by the time I decided to go for it, they'd closed for inventory and was super dismayed to see it back to $389 when they re-opened. I figure that this may be the last time to pick one up at a "decent" price so went for it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, msgimartin said:

As a matter of fact, it's actually a dollar more than it was in December, you're right! I'd been going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger, and by the time I decided to go for it, they'd closed for inventory and was super dismayed to see it back to $389 when they re-opened. I figure that this may be the last time to pick one up at a "decent" price so went for it. 

I get your reasoning but it isnt much of a sale. I had an astute as a kid, great look car but that’s about it lol. 

Yeah dynahead is the same price as tower, but tower is a good bit cheaper with the coupon. Have to think that's deliberate as Tower/Omni/Whatever is the main US distributor.

Ah well. A few of the earlier kits are a decent price.