Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

Tamiya 47443 Street Porsche 911 GT1 and other 237mm WB options

could any of you who have this kit or body help?

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-47443-Porsche-911-GT1-Street-TA03R-S-Ki

I just noticed the Tamiya Quick Drive Touring car chassis is 237mm wheel base.

this this body could fit on it as a shelfer? Mild runner as I am supposed to receive a QD 280 Black motor so it would be a nice add on to my collection as this chassis I have was only run a few times without major scratches.

tamiya-47443-porsche-911-gt1-street-ta03

Car4z4H.jpg
sLOet1Q.jpg

what do I need to measure? :D how could we eventually check if this fits? What else has 237mm?

wider options for rear tires would be DT01 rear 12mm hex adapters and different rims, for the front it uses bearings... I dont know exactly but F1 rims could fit? And in the rear 3d print adapters to 14mm and youse F1 tires in the rear?

I actually just finished building Porsche GT1 street kit. One thing to consider is that the body post holes were pre-drilled. I can check the width at the front and rear wheels, if that would help you? Let me know if you need any other measurements. 

The long wheelbase M-chassis bodies are 239mm. Maybe those could work?

I have the porsche, if the chassis has a 237 wheelbase I think it wil fit, but do not use the body for hard bashing it is a little fragile,  mine Is complet toast and trow it away it cracks easy.

other options if you can find them, I have a spare hpi peugeot 106 body, and a toyota corolla tamiya body both are 237mm, and you can fit a 239mm m chassis body I have a vw t1 bus body that fits my ta-03 rs, 237mm bodies are hard to find.

50897415868_090fcc8c6c_c.jpg

3 minutes ago, Room335 said:

I actually just finished building Porsche GT1 street kit. One thing to consider is that the body post holes were pre-drilled. I can check the width at the front and rear wheels, if that would help you? Let me know if you need any other measurements. 

The long wheelbase M-chassis bodies are 239mm. Maybe those could work?

No I dont think so about the M chassis as they are 160mm width.

i need the height from where the body meets the chassis.

3 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

I have the porsche, if the chassis has a 237 wheelbase I think it wil fit, but do not use the body for hard bashing it is a little fragile,  mine Is complet toast and trow it away it cracks easy.

other options if you can find them, I have a spare hpi peugeot 106 body, and a toyota corolla tamiya body both are 237mm, and you can fit a 239mm m chassis body I have a vw t1 bus body that fits my ta-03 rs, 237mm bodies are hard to find.

No bashing only for display, that is the reason why I would like the porsche, also the GT2 should fit but wirh wider rims. The Gt1 should fit on these rims, but the height of the chassis itself is a question

also for the GT1 its ok with normal 190mm width no need for 32mm rear rims. But if the Gt2 used, f1 rims would be the option I guess

1 minute ago, Fabia130vRS said:

No I dont think so about the M chassis as they are 160mm width.

i need the height from where the body meets the chassis.

the vw bus and carman gia are much wider, and there are not all 160mm wide

The t1 bus would be cool

but still I think it will

not fit, the QD Touring has 26mm tires and its really normal touring size just 237

Nice, thanks.

do you think the front wheels could turn?

but then I have no Idea what to do with the body mounts so high up? With the porsche I could use the original body mounts with not much modification. 

I am concerned about the rear being too high up on the QD but could be just me??

I think the wheels can turn but this are 26mm wheels so you can use 24mm wheels with no offset, and How wide is the QD chassis is it the same as a ta-03rs, I can measure the vw body if you want.