Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

New Chat Service

Just beta testing at the moment so let me know what you think.

follow these steps.

- go to home page and make sure you are looged in.

- then enter this url http://www.tamiyaclub.com/betachat.asp

And that should be it.

Same problems still apply though - you still might not catch anyone there. I am working on an indicator which will show on every page when people are chatting - but for now you'll just have to keep checking to see or, as before, arrange to meet people there at certain times in advance.

Chris

logo_member2.gif

Thanks for working on the chat Chris. But can I suggest maybe under the members info (where it shows ebay id and roby id) we have a spot for AIM or MSN usernames. Those all both an instant indicator when someone is online. Thanks for reading.

BTW my aol username is calvin3333 or BDHDINC

UTS.gif

"Im out like a fat kid in dodgeball" - calvin3id=size1>

Edited by - calvin3 on 19 Oct 2002 21:37:05

Hi Calvin,

Sorry I;ve said this before, but the site will not display or hold AIM, MSN, IRC or any of that type of information. Generally in this day and age of spam and general nutters on the internet its just too private.

If members want to give thier details to other members thats fine. Adn members can even put these details in thier details if they wish under one of the exisiting fields - its your choice but I would advise against it.

The chat service is meant as a place to come and talk if you want - the other services are more intrusive.

Chris

logo_member2.gif

Lets agree on ameeting time. I will try and be here at 6pm (GMT) tonight (thats SUNDAY). If people make an effort to get here at that time then we should be able to find something to talk about!

-------------------------

If practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, why practice?

Edited by - mr_lister999. on 20 Oct 2002 14:58:11

The chat option seemed to have been 'lost'in the latest update... [:(] Will there be a similar version of it avaliable again in the future? I am totally on favour of chatting with other members on the club... [:D]

Is the email-address you use for the MSN messenger service (considering you filled it in in the profile on the forums) visible to a computer looking for adresses to spam? I certainly not hope so... [xx(] )

Sjoerd

thats great chris. The new chat is much better, i actually meet people by chance with that one, never met anybody in the old one by chance. [:)] keep up the good work!

quote:Originally posted by mr_lister999.

thats great chris. The new chat is much better, i actually meet people by chance with that one, never met anybody in the old one by chance. [:)] keep up the good work!

id="quote">id="quote">

WHOOOHOO! [:D]

I absolutely agree with mr. lister! [:D]

Wow, great job. I am logged in now, but I seem to be the only one. Maybe if I am a little more patient, someone will walk in by surprise. Chapeau for Chris, trully a great job. [^] Keep up the good work, and don't mind taking a big brake sometime, I think you're going to need it... [|)]

Sjoerd [8D]