Sign in to follow this  
Rexst07

What would it be worth - RC Tamiya 58028 Hilux

Hi All

What would it be worth - RC Tamiya 58028 Hilux
its a 4x4 3 speed 1980's model

My Dad has it in his hobby room under in the corner of his workshop/hobby tool shed

would someone be interested should i put it up for sale
is it worth selling or should i rather  keep it?

regards
Kobus

South africa

It's impossible to say what it's worth without seeing detailed pictures, but these are always worth somewhere between something and quite a lot.

Someone will almost certainly be interested as long as the price reflects the condition. If you don't need the money I would keep it, but only you can decide.

• Like 1

Nice pictures, and nice truck! Does everything still work do you know?

I would say that's pushing it a little from patina into fairly easy restoration territory. The body doesn't look too bad at all and most of the parts are there. Definitely a bonus to have the driver, interior and window glass looking ok.

A complete undamaged radio box is a very good thing too. It looks like it could do with new tyres and a few other bits and bobs, but if I were going to restore one I'd say this was a very good place to start.

It's still hard to value something like this that's between the extremes in value from basket case to mint display model, but prices are very good for RC stuff of any kind at the moment what with so many people at home and bored.

For a wild stab in the dark from me I'd say it could go for somewhere between 300 and 500 USD. Maybe even a bit more on an ebay auction.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

18 hours ago, Rexst07 said:

Thanks for the input

Don’t get rid of a car that belonged to you dad unless you are strapped for cash. Fix it up and run it.  Or at least clean it up a bit and display it. But that’s just what I would do. Since it’s your car you have to do your thing. 

• Like 2

Looks like nothing is cracked and other than a good clean and re-grease it's good to go! I would keep it if it's a family member so to speak I would find it very hard to part with it but ultimately the decision is yours and there's no criticism eather way👍 out of all my collection my cat xls is my true keep in the family i don't particularly think it's the best car i have by a long shot it just has 100% sentimental value because it was the car I spent the longest building when my mother was seriously unwell and it was my time out model inbetween looking after her in her final days! I just think one day its going to have a value which far exceeds any monetary value!

• Like 1