Sign in to follow this  
Heliwilly

TS aerosols

Hi, I am about to start building a Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin and was horrified to find that I needed about 15 TS aerosols @ approx £10 each. As I am not a serial modeller, most of the aerosols would be wasted. Does anyone know if there are any X orXF colours that equate to the TS aerosol colours that I need, or indeed any other paint producers, ie Humbrol that do similar colours.

Many thanks

BillW.

I use Tamiya paint for box art, core RC for off the wall colours and humbrol acrylic droppers or enamel tins 

can be had for as cheap as £1 a tin

eg 

4F7uVLA.jpg

Just had a quick search and came across this this page, from which you can download a very long pdf conversion table of lots of paint manufacturers, and includes tamiya TS sprays, which many other conversion charts do not. 

18 hours ago, Heliwilly said:

Hi, I am about to start building a Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin and was horrified to find that I needed about 15 TS aerosols @ approx £10 each. As I am not a serial modeller, most of the aerosols would be wasted. Does anyone know if there are any X orXF colours that equate to the TS aerosol colours that I need, or indeed any other paint producers, ie Humbrol that do similar colours.

Many thanks

BillW.

The LP paints are the same type as the TS paints but in a pot. They don't have all the TS colours in LP though. You can also work out some matches in the X or XF range as well by using Tamiya's paint matching tables:

https://fiveeight0sixsix.wordpress.com/2020/11/08/tamiya-lacquer-paint-matching-tables/

Thanks all for the paint info. Got most of the colours or alternatives from various internet sellers, based on price. Thanks once again. Bill W.