Lukas666

Let’s see your Lunchbox

2 hours ago, Killajb said:

Here's the driver.  Not much to look at, but.. well there it is.  I'm using a Kyosho G20 motor.  I've removed the stickers to avoid permanent blasphemy and applied Tamiya ones.  Speed isn't a concern really, I just wanted to be able to outrun the curious children at our local park who seem badword bent on chasing it whenever my wife and I take it there.

--

To be honest, I never understood the Kyosho VS Tamiya thing. I both have Kyoshos and Tamiyas and love either for what they are.

If it comes to pricing VS quality for e.g. the Avante or other Tamiya ReRe kits though, thats a badword of another story. Particularly in comparison to Kyoshos ReRes. 

Sorry for getting offtopic. :D

No worries, it was a (bad) joke on my part aimed mostly at Tamiya purists.  I presently have two Kyosho models and crave many more of them.  Admittedly, I find it a bit tacky to have "Kyosho" splathered all over the motor for that Lunchbox when I can be a bit more creative and put Tamiya stickers on it instead.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Killajb said:

Speed isn't a concern really, I just wanted to be able to outrun the curious children at our local park who seem badword bent on chasing it whenever my wife and I take it there.

They all seem to do that until you use the clodbuster and they catch up with it and trip over it injuring themselves in the process, but it's not the parents fault for letting them run after your £400 truck..

Here is my lunchy. New built long before the rere. Rare TMS aluminum wheels 

F8364BB8-C275-4CE7-8D30-74CD728CD6B3_zps

9687525F-8DFA-446A-8021-069DB27256EC_zps

Probably the rarest of all lunch boxes is my new built Snap-on Promotional Lunchbox with JPS aluminum wheels. 

DB6634FB-DE04-46D5-AE38-A5AF6817CBF0_zps

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

Now then !! . I like this a lot - very crisp

Ya I like that..... looks like it sits lower or is that the angle or are there a set of Tamiya short shocks on it? All these pics must of been taken upon completion cause they don’t look that mint for long lol.

There are some astoundingly good Lunchies on here! This is mine, mods are Sport Tuned motor, bearings, full set of braces, oil/alu shocks, alu track rods & servo saver and LED lights.

50614122603_b0354e78ce_b.jpg

50621495183_e1a31bdf1b_b.jpg

It grip rolls on the tarmac unless its wet so the roof edges are battered and scraped now. I've had a few goes at the postal racing tracks too. This is my Lunchie in it's natural racing environment...

50631081101_7c7841e271_b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EvilSpike said:

There are some astoundingly good Lunchies on here! This is mine, mods are Sport Tuned motor, bearings, full set of braces, oil/alu shocks, alu track rods & servo saver and LED lights.

50614122603_b0354e78ce_b.jpg

50621495183_e1a31bdf1b_b.jpg

It grip rolls on the tarmac unless its wet so the roof edges are battered and scraped now. I've had a few goes at the postal racing tracks too. This is my Lunchie in it's natural racing environment...

50631081101_7c7841e271_b.jpg

That one takes the prize for me, mostly cause I love that show... 👏 awesome.

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, Lukas666 said:

That clods lunchbox is awesome

Just noticed you have a driver in there... awesome. I just put one in last night. Was quiet the project fitting him in.

16CD4CBB-2A6C-4863-BD58-84240B7ADAB1.jpeg

On 2/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, Lukas666 said:

Just like to see what others have done with they’re lunchboxes. It’s awesome to see all the different colors and mods. Here’s mine, pretty stock aside from Fast Eddy’s bearings, headlight kit, oil shocks and Dynamite 20T mtr

01039B1C-9597-4328-9932-FD654B7792D4.png

Just put a driver in last night

697641A8-A3BD-4D97-A338-A32B7594167F.jpeg

Mine in full cannonball run livery and working emergency lights 

painted front grill and side pipes 

PmVQ2k5.jpg

1upUFHH.jpg

plus full shapeways lighting set 

JJ

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

Mine in full cannonball run livery and working emergency lights 

painted front grill and side pipes 

PmVQ2k5.jpg

1upUFHH.jpg

plus full shapeways lighting set 

JJ

Very cool... how well does that front fake chrome hold paint? Just curious cause it’s a slick shiny surface.... and where did you get those tires? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, schlabinski said:

Adding my lime green metallic take on the old classic...

49653239993_ea2d41c16f_b.jpg

49654057287_fc96b7ddf0_b.jpg

The Lunch Hopper. :D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lukas666 said:

Very cool... how well does that front fake chrome hold paint? Just curious cause it’s a slick shiny surface.... and where did you get those tires? 

I think it’s matte black etching primer so seems to have held ok

wheels were from AliExpress - they are poor.

i wouldn’t use them to run as the lunchbox adaptors are barely attached to the wheel hubs

£31.49 | STREET tire set F/R 4pcs for CW-01 Tamiya Mitsubishi Pajero/ Lunch Box/
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uz9dn3

JJ