Lukas666

Let’s see your Lunchbox

havent yet started the build much on the lunchbox but i got the rims sorted out. the midnight pumpkin shocks are due to arrive, the shapeways  transmission piece is on the way and i might need to order some foam inserts for the tire. the rims are ready but the foam is to be resolved still so nothing has been glued. i used TS75 for the rims.

IMG_4494a.jpg

IMG_4495a.jpg

• Like 1

The shell I use for everyday use is pretty messed up now but it still looks ok from a distance. Starting to get a lot of cracks, though. Might add some rust etc and give it more of a rat look.

3mJkSGV.jpg

5Cv2kPn.jpg

CEI6jWT.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 6:02 AM, nel33 said:

havent yet started the build much on the lunchbox but i got the rims sorted out. the midnight pumpkin shocks are due to arrive, the shapeways  transmission piece is on the way and i might need to order some foam inserts for the tire. the rims are ready but the foam is to be resolved still so nothing has been glued. i used TS75 for the rims.

IMG_4494a.jpg

IMG_4495a.jpg

I bought these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133408463701 for my Lunchbox and they work a treat helping to tame a lot of the bounciness of the car. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Scarlett said:

I bought these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133408463701 for my Lunchbox and they work a treat helping to tame a lot of the bounciness of the car. 

Thank you for the reply, I recently ordered these yesterday. I didnt like the squishy tires that much, it's good to know they work well :). I know the lunchie is an entry type level kit so its bound to need a few usual upgrades but skimping on providing tire foam seems a bit cheap...

I bought a length of furniture foam bolster , and sliced it into tyre wide sections and punched holes in them for the wheels . I got 8 inserts for around £5

• Like 1

do i still need the 3x15 screw for this step if im using the shapeways transmission brace? i could probably still include it as dust/water/dirt protector.

lunch step 11.png

You’ll need to keep the supports obviously but I kept mine in.  Makes no difference anyway with the springs 

38 minutes ago, Stretch79 said:

You’ll need to keep the supports obviously but I kept mine in.  Makes no difference anyway with the springs 

thank you for the reply.  im just going to leave the springs out of them. i wont bother with the 3x8mm screw or washer.

3 hours ago, nel33 said:

thank you for the reply.  im just going to leave the springs out of them. i wont bother with the 3x8mm screw or washer.

The 3 x 15 screws are meant to be removed after you have fitted the axle into the chassis mounts . They are only there to help installation with the fiddly springs . You will be ok to remove them and the old spring self tappers

4 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

The 3 x 15 screws are meant to be removed after you have fitted the axle into the chassis mounts . They are only there to help installation with the fiddly springs . You will be ok to remove them and the old spring self tappers

Won't dust or dirt be a potential issue with the open holes? Im considering adding short 3mm screws just to block the holes so no dirt could muck up the greased areas.

37 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

You can insert screws if you wish , I probably would just for the aesthetics 

aesthetics would be fine with me. its hardly the first time i put the screws in the wrong holes. i put 3 screws to hold the transmission casing but put one in the wheelie bar hole and then missed the one hidden on that large flat piece LOL. i did sort it out properly when the next steps needed those holes to attach more parts on the casing.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 4:26 PM, nel33 said:

Thank you for the reply, I recently ordered these yesterday. I didnt like the squishy tires that much, it's good to know they work well :). I know the lunchie is an entry type level kit so its bound to need a few usual upgrades but skimping on providing tire foam seems a bit cheap...

If you get the Schumacher ones, I think they are cheaper..

10 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

If you get the Schumacher ones, I think they are cheaper..

Thanks for the info, I had ordered the others 2 days ago already... Those prices on the Schumacher are good, not sure what shipping would be but the starting price is good.