Sign in to follow this  
Boomstick

Plasti dip and the lexan body

So I bought a lexan truck body with intentions to mount it on my re re Blackfoot so I don't destroy the factory body. I wanted to paint it black because black just seems right... Well the local hobby shop was all out of black. So I got an idea to plasti dip the inside of the body. I don't know if anyone has ever tried this, but I figure what's the worse that could happen? I'd have to peel it off? So I painted it outside so I wouldn't stink the house up and put it in my car to cure... BIG MISTAKE! My car has smelled like plasti dip for 3 days now and I can't get the smell out...I even left the windows down all night!!!

Anyone want to buy a Toyota Camry, runs great, looks great, smells like a toxic chemical spill...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

How has the Plastidip adhered to the lexan? Is it flexible enough when cured?

It seems like it will work out ok. If not, I can just peel it off. I haven't mounted it yet... Heck I still haven't even opened the Blackfoot box yet...

I have about 5 kits all painted in plasti dip. Holds rather well... last summer, i peeled of the paint on my GF01 and repainted it with a different color. It doesnt need a backing paint as well... just make sure you spray thin and multiple coats to avoid getting pain runs... i usually do 3 light coats then 4th will be a little heavier...