Sign in to follow this  
simalarion

Charger and when they Stop charging

Just wonder how batteries are set regarding when to stop charging?, only way i think is logical is to stop at max volt for the given battery.

But when i charge nimh im suprised to see the charger go to 9.2 as i thought max is 9.0, the nimh batteries then get a bitt hotter than i like. I have bought a Temp reader that i can connect on battery and plug into SkyRc, this does not react when at standard 55c but when i set to 45 C i then get the alarm for fully charge first & then alarm for Temp goes off, so the temp rise fast at the end it seems.

Seems to me that SkyRc take the nimh batteries a bit to far?, i do think they are very close to 55/60C. 

My Lipo do not get warm at all...

My charger SkyRc B6 v2 strangly enough do not show actuall temp. 

NiMH batteries are charged using a peak detection algorithm that measures the drop from the maximum voltage during charge. So in your example the battery might peak at 9.2V and the charger will cut off when the voltage reaches something like 9.18V.

Depending on the charger you might be able to adjust the peak detection cutoff if you think the cells are getting overcharged.

Temperature charging was more common for NiCds but it would be a good safety measure. If you think 45C is still overcharging the cells then you could drop it to 40C.

• Thanks 1