simalarion

To choose correct ESC from Quicrun serie

I thought i could figure out which Quicrun i needed for my buggy’s but i could not so i surrender to this forum, again.

I have 880 Quicrun dual setup that came without program box (used on Agrios), needed to order Program box loose. I now want standard Quicrun ESC where i can use same program box, seems to be Quicrun 1080?, but it say for Crawler? and can you buy them without Program box? (If yes i can not find it). 880 is much cheaper do it seems to be smarter to buy another one and just take away the dual wire for motors (half the price).

Or is it other Quicrun models i can buy that support same program box?.

As far as I know, the 1080 always comes with a program box. It's good for crawlers, but it's also great for pretty much any 1/10th scale: touring cars, buggies, trucks, and even M chassis.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

As far as I know, the 1080 always comes with a program box. It's good for crawlers, but it's also great for pretty much any 1/10th scale: touring cars, buggies, trucks, and even M chassis.

What i thought, seems a bit waste with program box for each ESC. And you can buy 880 much cheaper and that have support for 2s to 4s, not that i need 4s support..

Think i just buy more 880 and remove the dual motor wires as i mentioned then, thanks

The 1060 isn't programmable but is the 'go-to' ESC for many. Can you get two for the price of the 880? Worth trying one out if you need a few?

EDIT: maybe not two - one and a half

• Like 1

I can comment on only what I have used, saying that the 10bl60 is a great ESC and I have used them on a few models now and touch wood I've had no bother with any of them. That said I use lipo power but with an adapter can use nihm as well and still do when it's wet or the weather might change.

What adapter do you use @DayRider? I've a sensorless Brushless motor coming but I'm still on NiMH packs. I was wondering how you use NiMH with that ESC as I couldn't see jumper pins like the 1060.

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

What adapter do you use @DayRider? I've a sensorless Brushless motor coming but I'm still on NiMH packs. I was wondering how you use NiMH with that ESC as I couldn't see jumper pins like the 1060.

The reason I said adapter is because most ESC come with deans connection. I made it my self but you can buy them.

16135174675208658514132061430153.jpg

22 minutes ago, DayRider said:

The reason I said adapter is because most ESC come with deans connection. I made it my self but you can buy them.

Gotcha! I wondered, thought best to check.

7 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Most of the Quicrun ESCs are setup with a program box or the setup button on the switch. There's more stuff to tinker with.

Thanks @Big Jon. I've had a quick look at the manual. The only mention on NimH I have found in the manual is under the LiPo cut-off section

Note: For NiMH battery, if the voltage of the whole NiMH battery pack is higher than 9.0V, it will be considered as a 3 cells Lipo battery pack; If it is lower than 9.0V, it will be considered as a 2 cells Lipo battery pack. For example, if a NiMH battery pack is 8.0V, and the threshold is set to 2.6V/Cell, so it will be considered as a 2 cells Lipo battery pack, and the low-voltage cut-off threshold for this NiMH battery pack is 2.6x2=5.2V

Apologies for the hijack @simalarion!

Yes, Nimh cutoff si to low for 2S Lipo, but you can use a Volt alarm on the balance port of the Lipo battery, they are very cheap on Ali Express ... 

image.png.55bf5be9c1d817a12db87df9ba080cda.png

The Quicrun has an adjustable cut off. So that alarm is not needed but they are handy to have on the TBLE02S. The new ESC that Tamiya have released has a built in cut off as well. The world speed control is getting better and better. I forgot the name of it but it looks nice with its fan. I'm not sure and might be wrong but I think that they might discontinue the TBLE02S. Don't hold me to that though.

Yes, i did suggest for ESC that do not have a propper 2S cutoff like the one you mention.

i set LVC to auto high on my 3S Lipo on Agrios (880 Quicrun) but so far i have not had a cut-off, they last for a long time. Manual does not say what High LVC cutoff is, would be good to know.

By the way, I ended up with buying 1080 from a store in Norway, they are Always very overprised but this was not to bad, so what the heck. I did quite like the program card feature and as stated the TBLE does not have a propper 2S cutoff.. 

2 hours ago, simalarion said:

Yes, i did suggest for ESC that do not have a propper 2S cutoff like the one you mention.

i set LVC to auto high on my 3S Lipo on Agrios (880 Quicrun) but so far i have not had a cut-off, they last for a long time. Manual does not say what High LVC cutoff is, would be good to know.

By the way, I ended up with buying 1080 from a store in Norway, they are Always very overprised but this was not to bad, so what the heck. I did quite like the program card feature and as stated the TBLE does not have a propper 2S cutoff.. 

Let me know how you get on with it mate, I have never use one and would be interested to see how it performs.

• Like 1