Sign in to follow this  
Clodbusterfan

Are my shocks at a good angle on my Super Clod?

Thanks buddy! Just waiting for snow to melt and parking lot to be dry. I am hoping it jumps better on the speed bumps in the parking lot with the new shock positioning. Its brushless with 2, 4000kv motors. Really fast for a Clod!

The more you angle your shocks the more travel you achieve and with that a slower response. With that setup; try different spring rates and viscosity of the dampening oil, the unsprung weight of a clod is so huge that lower rate spring results in better traction, you compromise handling jumps etc though.  Mounting your shocks vertically gives a shorter travel, that’s why it bounces all over the place. Which is most of the fun with a clod buster in my opinion.

Your clod looks good! Nice to see a CPE chassis!

Thanks! Love my Time Warp CPE chassis! But, with my 4000kv motors I want it to land better because its going so fast it flips over easily. I like the bouncing too actually but would rather have it not break on me. So the softer springs will compromise jumping? That sucks because I love jumping my Clod off of speed bumps in a parking lot. I had some stiffer shocks on it but haven't run my Clod with these new softer shocks because it keeps snowing and I dont want to get my Clod wet.