Nirrot

Another noob needing help

Hi, another noob question I'm afraid. I have had a look through the discussion threads and couldn't see my exact question answered so please forgive me if I've missed it and I'll happily be redirected.

I have bought a plasma edge 2 for my son and I to work on together, admittedly it is a basic electronics pack that I ordered as a bundle to get us going. All has gone well until right near the end. We did an original bind between the transmitter/receiver, all fine with correct response to input. We then fitted everything into the chassis and since then there is nothing except a flashing green light and beeping from the esc once it has power.

I have checked the battery has power, checked that I didn't snap the wiring whilst fitting into chassis, changed the servo and esc channels in case that identified a problem with either. There is also no light on the receiver anymore, so can't even rebind as I assume at least part of the problem is that the receiver is not working or at the very least his no power to it.

I've attached a couple of pictures to show how things are currently set up but can upload more specifics if that would help.

I'm sure it's probably something I just haven't considered, hence asking for a more experienced opinion.

Many thanks for any help offered.

20210214_133453.jpg

20210214_133431.jpg

20210214_133416.jpg

20210214_133416.jpg

I would turn the ch2 plug around, as it's got the negative and signal wrong. If not then it's not properly in the receiver.

• Like 1

So you know you have a sucsessful bind with the bind connector on channel 3 (not familliar with your brand but thats usually the case) turn on ESC hold bind button and turn on. After bind turn off all remove bind connector and turn on again. Flashing green on ESC probably tells you its not binded.

I often have problems with binding my self, and my reaction the first time was pretty much like yours now..

edit: oh and yeah ad frog jumper said first off all..,

29 minutes ago, Matty36 said:

I would turn the ch2 plug around, as it's got the negative and signal wrong. If not then it's not properly in the receiver.

Have tried both ways round for both input connectors. 

Is it definitely in the receiver correct, or has it gone between the pins as there looks to be a big gap where the case is. I would unplug both plugs, fit them with the orange wire towards the aerial and make sure they are properly in. My etronix receiver has the pins very close to the edge of the case and I plugged mine in between the pins by accident when I got it.

31 minutes ago, simalarion said:

So you know you have a sucsessful bind with the bind connector on channel 3 (not familliar with your brand but thats usually the case) turn on ESC hold bind button and turn on. After bind turn off all remove bind connector and turn on again. Flashing green on ESC probably tells you its not binded.

I often have problems with binding my self, and my reaction the first time was pretty much like yours now..

Working all day again tomorrow but will have another look at this on Wednesday, thanks. I have tried to rebind but unsuccessfully. May be that I have been trying to bind with the servo in Channel 1, is that what you are saying?? Sorry, electrics really aren't my thing unless they are making a heart beat!! 😂

Just now, Nirrot said:

Working all day again tomorrow but will have another look at this on Wednesday, thanks. I have tried to rebind but unsuccessfully. May be that I have been trying to bind with the servo in Channel 1, is that what you are saying?? Sorry, electrics really aren't my thing unless they are making a heart beat!! 😂

It's not the plug that's in the wrong channel, it's the channel 2 plug that needs turning around 180 degrees and refitting. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matty36 said:

Is it definitely in the receiver correct, or has it gone between the pins as there looks to be a big gap where the case is. I would unplug both plugs, fit them with the orange wire towards the aerial and make sure they are properly in. My etronix receiver has the pins very close to the edge of the case and I plugged mine in between the pins by accident when I got it.

Thanks, will have a proper look again on Wednesday. I think they were both in correctly but will go over it from scratch again. Will post pics of how I have it before I tried. Thanks again. 😁

2 minutes ago, Matty36 said:

It's not the plug that's in the wrong channel, it's the channel 2 plug that needs turning around 180 degrees and refitting. 

Oh ok, I think I understand. I'll try that, so from the pictures I have posted channel 1 is in correctly (orange wire towards the aerial) and channel 2 needs turning around (white wire towards the aerial)? Is that correct?

20 minutes ago, Nirrot said:

Oh ok, I think I understand. I'll try that, so from the pictures I have posted channel 1 is in correctly (orange wire towards the aerial) and channel 2 needs turning around (white wire towards the aerial)? Is that correct?

That's correct, the orange wire is signal on your servo, the white is signal on your speed controller.

So couldn't stop myself having a quick look at it all again. I've connected as shown in the pictures, turned on the esc and still get green flashing light and beeping. No light coming on on the receiver. Then tried turning on transmitter with ch3 button pressed (for binding) and turning on esc. Still the same and still no light on the receiver. I must be doing something really stupid. Sorry guys.

20210215_235349.jpg

16134337007306079041714091143378.jpg

Do you need to hold the receiver button in to bind it, I do on my older etronix receiver, then switch on the transmitter and it lights up green on the receiver.

When I did the first bind the receiver lit up with a blue light, I only had to press the bind button once the circuit was established. The receiver then flashed quickly to show it was ready to bind. I'm getting absolutely nothing from the receiver now.

7 hours ago, simalarion said:

What do you mean by 'bind connector'? Should I have something extra plugged in somewhere? I don't have any other wires

I do not know the actuall name for it, but on all Receivers i have binded (mainly Fly-Sky Carson) bind plug/connector musth be in channel 3 when binding as described:

image.png.81b17e3e9621bcb6d32b4f4e7b346500.png

Edit: some models that you are using have a bind button though, not sure if you have or its only a led light:

image.png.2056a93ba025d2d9a092e85fdb6d6693.png

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

I do not know the actuall name for it, but on all Receivers i have binded (mainly Fly-Sky Carson) bind plug/connector musth be in channel 3 when binding as described:

image.png.81b17e3e9621bcb6d32b4f4e7b346500.png

Edit: some models that you are using have a bind button though, not sure if you have or its only a led light:

image.png.2056a93ba025d2d9a092e85fdb6d6693.png

Ah ok, my receiver has a bind button. Thanks for explaining. 👍

Among the reading I've done I think I saw something that said the flashing green light might indicate that there is no power to the receiver, does that sound right? If so and have previously had a successful bind but now am getting nothing could I have shorted the receiver out somehow (say when I had the esc connected the wrong way round)? Essentially do you think there is any sense in trying a different receiver? Or given what I am seeing is it likely that I will just encounter the same problem and the receiver is not the primary problem?

Many thanks again all for your help.

You write in first post that ESC is flashing green stil after you tried to bind, so i do not think its binded still (I think)

It seems some on Google with your brand also have binding issues. Have you just tried the Bind process again?. Some using same brand as you also said they had to push bind button at the same time (and hold it)  they turn on ESC. If ESC have solid led light its binded

6 minutes ago, simalarion said:

You write in first post that ESC is flashing green stil after you tried to bind, so i do not think its binded still (I think)

It seems some on Google with your brand also have binding issues. Have you just tried the Bind process again?. Some using same brand as you also said they had to push bind button at the same time (and hold it)  they turn on ESC. Is ESC is solid light its binded

The very first time I tried it the bind was fine, had response to both steering and throttle. Only had problems since it was fitted into the chassis. I'm convinced I've done something stupid somewhere along the line, I just have no idea what. 😖🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nirrot
Bind

Have tried to bind again but nothing happens to the receiver, no solid or flashing light. That's why I'm staring to wonder if I've screwed the receiver somehow and it now isn't getting any power.

I hardly believe you did that. Do you remember exact positions of your conectors/jst cable in Reciver when it worked?, you can also try changing the position if not, but Black wire shoiuld be -  so they are the correct way now. Then try a new binding ... 

I had simillar problem as you before as i mentioned, but after a bit forth an back i got life and a binding.

2 hours ago, simalarion said:

I hardly believe you did that. Do you remember exact positions of your conectors/jst cable in Reciver when it worked?, you can also try changing the position if not, but Black wire shoiuld be -  so they are the correct way now. Then try a new binding ... 

I had simillar problem as you before as i mentioned, but after a bit forth an back i got life and a binding.

As it turns out did take a picture before I started (didn't remember being that organised!) Looks like I did have the esc in the wrong way around (see pic), however I have tried with cables in every which position and the receiver just won't show that it has any power. 

20210213_130544.jpg

On the pic Brown Colour is on minus? (Brown/Black is minus), if yes that should be correct. So what happens when you connect just like on last picture?, also try to Bind Again.

The only thing I can suggest is to unplug everything, and just plug in the speed controller in ch2, leave the servo unplugged. Turn on the transmitter, then plug the battery in, then hold the bind button then switch on the speed controller. If it doesnt then light up the receiver then it might be damaged due to being plugged in the wrong way before.